On Wednesday my Twitter stream was dominated by the Politics & Technology Forum, and I’ll write more about that later. The other highlights this week:
- MYOB continue to flood me with far too much promotional material, even when specifically requested not to. Losers.
- People continue to install new software on the very day of its release, discover that it’s still buggy or insecure, and then complain. Do you never learn?
- The Aurora Hotel in Surry Hills and the C Bar on the corner of Pitt and Campbell Streets in the Sydney CBD have free Wifi.
- The comedians on stage at The Sly Fox Hotel on a Monday night are 300% more bitter & disturbed than I am.
- There is no evidence that 17 Massachusetts schoolgirls became pregnant because of a “pregnancy pact”
- There is not, but should be, continuous 3G or HSDPA phone coverage on the highway between Sydney and Canberra. In some places there isn’t even GSM!
- “The 7 categorises of satedness: Food. Sexual pleasure. Alcohol. Music. Visual appeal. Amphetamines. Blue cheese. Agreed?”
- The Concourse Bar at Wynyard Station has Coopers Ale for $4.70 a schooner and a choice of six cocktails for $7 each.
- “Backpacking” has descended from “travel world for enrichment” to “global party by indulgent drunken arseholes”. Hence, “gas them”.
- Automatic weapons really do solve so many everyday problems.
[Credit: Cartoon Twitter-bird courtesy of Hugh MacLeod. Like all of Hugh's cartoons published online, it's free to use.]