April 4th, 2013

The rain increases. I’m going to curl up a try to stay warm before I head to Sydney tomorrow. I’ll deal with other problems then.

via Janetter for Mac

RT @juhasaarinen: Caught a potatoes/prostitutes auto-correct in time. [Yeah, workers hate it when you call them potatoes.]

via Janetter for Mac

RT @SnarkyPlatypus: Panhandling and staggering is not a good look. [So don’t do it. Der.]

via Janetter for Mac

They’re growing marijuana near Coffs Harbour? MY GOD, CHANNEL NINE, TELL ME IT ISN’T TRUE!

via Janetter for Mac

RT @trevoryoung: Where in the world are your followers? Map them by country, state or city at tweepsmap.com [To what end?]

via Janetter for Mac

RT @amandakendle: ?!?! And you are buying drinks from this man? I wouldn’t trust him. [It’s OK, I’m using Bitcoin.]

via Janetter for Mac

MT @ataraxite: I found myself high, in my underwear.

via Janetter for Mac

No, barman, Daniel Johns was not a member of Abba. Not even “in an ideal world”, as you put it.

via Janetter for Mac

@shoerust Ain’t it just. But the “natural resource” thing strikes me as a deeply political claim against me owning data about me.

via Janetter for Mac in reply to shoerust

@HDizzle84 @NickHodgeMSFT @zdnetaustralia It’s seems to me you didn’t, because you confuse speculation with a workaday currency. Arsehat.

via Janetter for Mac

@HDizzle84 @NickHodgeMSFT @zdnetaustralia Did you even read the article?

via Janetter for Mac

@HDizzle84 @NickHodgeMSFT @zdnetaustralia So, let me get this straight. You want to wager on a counterfactual that involves time travel?

via Janetter for Mac

Me at @zdnetaustralia: “Bitcoin: More ideology than trustworthy currency” zdnet.com/bitcoin-more-i…

via Janetter for Mac

A press release from IBM today refers to big data as a “natural resource”. I see.

via Janetter for Mac

shashashasha Does your startup want to be a HN post, a Techcrunch article, a TED talk, or a company?

via Twitter Web Client (retweeted on 4:47 PM, Apr 4th, 2013 via Janetter for Mac)

relsqui “Gender-neutral” means using a combination of renewable gender sources and buying gender credits to offset your factory’s gender pollution.

via Twitter for Android (retweeted on 4:46 PM, Apr 4th, 2013 via Janetter for Mac)

According to preev.com Bitcoin just hit USD 130.

Horse_ebooks tuna immediately,

via Twitter Web Client (retweeted on 4:40 PM, Apr 4th, 2013 via Janetter for Mac)

Well I’ve obtained some as-such. The food will follow.

via Janetter for Mac

Mobile: Taxi through the mists to Wentworth Falls village, there to obtain some food and such.

via Janetter for Mac

Second version of @zdnetaustralia story filed. Awaiting second version of editorial wisdom.

via Janetter for Mac

“Promises no crashes” is just asking for trouble.

via Janetter for Mac

skwashd Here we go again “@ClaireRPorter Oh dear. Click Frenzy is back, planned for April 23. Promises no crashes this time: news.com.au/technology/biz…

via Twitter for Android (retweeted on 3:17 PM, Apr 4th, 2013 via Janetter for Mac)

I think I can hear a helicopter.

via Janetter for Mac

Awaiting editorial wisdom and the helicopter tanker full of absinthe.

via Janetter for Mac

text_publishing ‘Writers need editors like tapeworms need moist intestines to live inside.’ What writing programs ought to teach you theawl.com/2013/03/what-w…

via Twitter Web Client (retweeted on 3:07 PM, Apr 4th, 2013 via Janetter for Mac)

I have decided that The Editor can sort out this mess.

via Janetter for Mac

Beschizza “Michael Arrington” is an anagram of “A Romancing Hitler”

via Tweetbot for iOS (retweeted on 2:32 PM, Apr 4th, 2013 via Janetter for Mac)

@franksting @bengrubb Oh! Oh! Oh! I know the answer to this one, Sir! Is it that both stories are full of whining arsehats?

via Janetter for Mac in reply to franksting

Meanwhile my @zdnetaustralia column is turning into a rant against the entire concept of the internet. Must. Rein. It. In.

via Janetter for Mac

RT @riskybusiness: Ffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuu pic.twitter.com/2YKwbWOhvc [That’d be divide-by-zero factor authentication.]

via Janetter for Mac

RT @chris23: Ever been caught in a giant, howling swarm of steel bees? That’s the sound of BART in a tunnel. [QFT.]

via Janetter for Mac

@GreenJ I am refreshing myself on such things as we speak. I am writing a thing, a critical thing.

via Janetter for Mac in reply to GreenJ

willrad FOLDING FITTED SHEETS:
1) pair up adjacent corner seams
2) wad the entire thing up in a big ball
3) who cares this is impossible
4) bourbon

via Twitter Web Client (retweeted on 11:57 AM, Apr 4th, 2013 via Janetter for Mac)

@barrysaunders @jeanburgess @zephoria That’s from Macquarie Dictionary of Australian English. Its origins would make some editors jittery.

via Janetter for Mac

@barrysaunders @jeanburgess @zephoria “Coined by R. Heinlein, 1907–88, US science fiction writer, in Stranger in a Strange Land (1961)”

via Janetter for Mac

Apparently I can Experience the Luxury of Being Myself by going to Beijing.

via Janetter for Mac

“Experience the Luxury of Being Yourself™”, emails a hotel chain. Where do I even start with that sort of bullshit?

via Janetter for Mac

You lot should lay off the hallucinogens mid-week.

via Janetter for Mac

And the radio is done! “If you illegally downloaded it, consider yourself spanked by @stilgherrian.” Ah, love you, @1057darwin!

via Janetter for Mac

On hold with ABC @1057darwin to talk Game of Thrones and torrenting and stuff. Streamed at abc.net.au/darwin/

via Janetter for Mac

Caller Martin: “You can legislate for everything under the sun, but you’re not going to stop the nongs doing stupid things.”

via Janetter for Mac

Shorter whinger: “We’re SPESHUL, don’t you go make rules.”

via Janetter for Mac

Listening to a man whinge on the radio. This is new.

frankieboyle Come on North Korea, put us out of our fucking misery you cunts

via Mobile Web (M5) (retweeted on 10:55 AM, Apr 4th, 2013 via Janetter for Mac)

jeamland OH: “I think the lesson we should take from this is that Iain Banks should start cooking meth.”

via Tweetbot for Mac (retweeted on 10:45 AM, Apr 4th, 2013 via Janetter for Mac)

I’m talking GoT and torrents and stuff on ABC @1057darwin in ~30 mins (1105 AEDT / 0935 ACST), streamed at abc.net.au/darwin/

RT @paulkidd: Killer Croc on The Loose? [All crocs are killer crocs.]

via Janetter for Mac

Listening to urgent crocodile news on ABC @1057darwin.

via Janetter for Mac

Rubbachook @PaulBongiorno Unlike on RN earlier this morning, make sure you pronounce “banal” so it doesn’t rhyme with what I am being right now.

via Twitter for Android (retweeted on 10:03 AM, Apr 4th, 2013 via Janetter for Mac)

Oh this stuff writes itself.

via Janetter for Mac

RT @PolAnimalAus: @stilgherrian @purserj A sick stupid fucking joke in the worst of taste. Probably fuelled by inferiority complex re USA.

via Janetter for Mac

@PolAnimalAus @purserj Actually, double congratulations, oh pseudonymous political tweeter! I am now literally laughing out loud.

via Janetter for Mac in reply to PolAnimalAus

@PolAnimalAus @purserj Yeah, I was wondering who’d be stupid enough to take that comment seriously. Now I know. Congratulations.

via Janetter for Mac in reply to PolAnimalAus

RT @purserj: So, North Korea is actively threatening to launch a nuclear strike against the US? [Well here’s hoping!]

via Janetter for Mac

RT @oliyoung: cryptographically secure moon beams [This is the correct answer, yes.]

via Janetter for Mac

“So what exactly is Bitcoin backed by…”, someone just asked me. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

via Janetter for Mac

Thu plan: Comms catch-up; brunch, tidy Tea Tree Cottage @bunjaree; 1105 AEDT / 0935 CST ABC @1057darwin; write for @zdnetaustralia; TGIT.

via Janetter for Mac

RT @Idealaw: Small business ‘ignoring social media’ news.theage.com.au/breaking-news-… [“Breaking national news”? Not-using is “failing” to use? Spin!]

via Janetter for Mac

Trying to decide what to be angry about today. Angry for money.

via Janetter for Mac

NewtonMark @jodiem @stilgherrian Cumulus clouds are created from a lot of hot air. Sounds legit.

via Tweetbot for Mac (retweeted on 8:26 AM, Apr 4th, 2013 via Janetter for Mac)

jodiem @NewtonMark @stilgherrian Cumulus as a service. Because people know that cumulus clouds are betteror

via twicca (retweeted on 8:25 AM, Apr 4th, 2013 via Janetter for Mac)

wolfcat @stilgherrian I thought it was like liquid into this piece of chalk … ah well.

via Plume for Android (retweeted on 8:24 AM, Apr 4th, 2013 via Janetter for Mac)

NewtonMark @stilgherrian A lot of people have been putting their data into the fog.

via Tweetbot for Mac (retweeted on 8:23 AM, Apr 4th, 2013 via Janetter for Mac)

All articles must now have a headline of the form: “<N> Ways to <Buzzword_X> for <Buzzword_Y> Success”. Because we’re adults.

via Janetter for Mac

mikko When you have highly valuable, completely virtual and almost entirely untraceable currency, there will naturally be a lot of theft.

via Twitterrific (retweeted on 8:13 AM, Apr 4th, 2013 via Janetter for Mac)

Gawd, another press release today about getting your cloud “under control”. Phear of out-of-control clouds is real Ponds Institute stuff.

via Janetter for Mac

@SnarkyPlatypus La est le moment idéal pour vous d’apprendre à propos des armes automatiques.

via Janetter for Mac in reply to SnarkyPlatypus

@SnarkyPlatypus Bonjour. Je suis entouré par la pluie et la misère. Je n’ai pas l’énergie pour tuer tout le monde. Et vous?

via Janetter for Mac in reply to SnarkyPlatypus

Well it’s good to see that @891adelaide has got the pecking order sorted out. @DavidBevan891 @mattcdef2000

mattcdef2000 The view from my desk pic.twitter.com/nsZWJo0VkI

via Camera on iOS (retweeted on 7:46 AM, Apr 4th, 2013 via Janetter for Mac)

DavidBevanSA The view from the 891 Breakfast studio this morning. Dawn on the River Murray, Mannum. pic.twitter.com/iJXzoKrTnq

via Camera on iOS (retweeted on 7:46 AM, Apr 4th, 2013 via Janetter for Mac)

Thu plan, draft: Comms catch-up; brunch, Tea Tree Cottage @bunjaree; 1100 radio spot; write for @zdnetaustralia; sulk; remainder TBA.

via Janetter for Mac

Thursday. Rain. Disgruntlement. And more besides.