December 13th, 2013

I’ve run out of wine. GetUp! Is useless.

via Tweetbot for iOS

That’s enough Friday for me.

via Janetter for Mac

expectproblems Oh wait. There’s the Microsoft we know and love. pic.twitter.com/ZuepabxBJ1

via Tweetbot for iOS (retweeted on 10:33 PM, Dec 13th, 2013 via Janetter for Mac)

@marcfennell @lukehopewell So you’d be after TV for that, not radio. Do you know anyone with a TV program?

via Janetter for Mac in reply to marcfennell

RT @expectproblems: Turn on Xbox 360 for the first time in a month and it apparently has 17.6tb of updates. [Lulwut?]

via Janetter for Mac

@lukehopewell @marcfennell It was great fun! Using mics from the period gave it the right sound, played music of 78s, no tapes.

via Janetter for Mac in reply to lukehopewell

@marcfennell @lukehopewell We recreated what was once a thing: fashion parades on radio. With the original models, then in their 70s-80s.

via Janetter for Mac in reply to marcfennell

@marcfennell @lukehopewell I once worked on a whole day of radio done in the style of and with the technology of the 1930-40s. Heaps of fun.

via Janetter for Mac in reply to marcfennell

RT @marcuskelson: @stilgherrian is the oddest person in Australian public life but so weird and entertaining …. [Like a deformed dog!]

via Janetter for Mac

@marcuskelson Thanks, Marcus, the first half of that is going into my CV.

via Twitter Web Client in reply to marcuskelson

@marcfennell @DownloadABC Hey I know it’s your thing and, as I said earlier, you’re damn fine editor. Is that enough suckage and pluggage?

via Janetter for Mac in reply to marcfennell

Well, @karalee, it seems @marcfennell left in most of our dangerous comments. That was fun. Great to catch up again.

via Janetter for Mac

Here’s an idea, @chrisjrn @elronxenu: BobEllisCoin (BEC), worth its weight in gold.

via Janetter for Mac

Gawd, @marcfennell, you going for “Most Overproduced Intro for 2013” on this week’s @DownloadABC? abc.net.au/radionational/…

via Tweetbot for iOS

s_bridges I don’t know where these data are from but ..pic.twitter.com/Jh0TWjz1VcVc

via Tweetbot for iOS (retweeted on 9:16 PM, Dec 13th, 2013 via Janetter for Mac)

troyhunt Y’know, if we started installing these signs on developers’ PCs I’m *confident* it would be a better world pic.twitter.com/87ZoiuC3yy

via iOS (retweeted on 8:53 PM, Dec 13th, 2013 via Plume for Android)

paulwiggins RT @DAXFROST: Wow, 3D printers are really coming along. pic.twitter.com/wzU0BQzANC

via Twitter for Android (retweeted on 8:53 PM, Dec 13th, 2013 via Plume for Android)

@leslienassar Well thanks, but I’ve made the final decision. I WILL be having salad for dinner.

via Tweetbot for iOS in reply to leslienassar

Considering options.

via Plume for Android

Well it’s more attractive than the human trash on this train.

via Plume for Android

NeinQuarterly I used to think social media was society plus media. Now I know it’s society minus the social contract.

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 7:20 PM, Dec 13th, 2013 via Plume for Android)

@WarWraith @mpesce That show has clearly gone to the dogs.

via Plume for Android in reply to WarWraith

BlogsofWar A lot of people miss the cold war but nobody misses it more than Putin. 2022 is going to look a lot like 1962.

via Twitter Web Client (retweeted on 5:57 PM, Dec 13th, 2013 via Plume for Android)

Or possibly Monday. I suppose I should have checked with @theprojecttv before making bold claims.

via Plume for Android

There is a rumour to the effect that I might be sighted on @theprojecttv tonight.

via Plume for Android

@deconverter This sounds a good plan. You know where to find me.

via Plume for Android in reply to deconverter

jdub Bulletproof is looking for a Rails engineer to join our globally distributed R&D team. We give good cloud. jobs.github.com/positions/cba0…

via TweetDeck (retweeted on 5:47 PM, Dec 13th, 2013 via Plume for Android)

firstdogonmoon so peppa pig is now a feminist icon because of piers akerman whereas previously she wasn’t SELF FULFILLING PROPHECY MUCH PIERS?!

via Tweetbot for Mac (retweeted on 5:47 PM, Dec 13th, 2013 via Plume for Android)

lizbt Old guy talking loudly to his friend about how tram-cops are wannabe prison officers who failed the interview, in a tram full of tram-cops.

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 5:41 PM, Dec 13th, 2013 via Plume for Android)

jturner_ibrs I spoke to a company today that was hit for a few thousand dollars, by their SaaS vendor, to change the company name o_O

via Twitter Web Client (retweeted on 5:38 PM, Dec 13th, 2013 via Plume for Android)

@deconverter Yep, my life is pretty much not worth living now.

via Plume for Android in reply to deconverter

RT @deconverter: @stilgherrian I just Detoled my iPhone because one of your tweets was on it. [Wise move, assuming you mean Dettol®.]

via Janetter for Mac

Watching someone deploy Domestos on all the places I’ve been sitting recently.

via Plume for Android

RT @troyhunt: Point is the NSA stuff makes the Mandiant report on China look like a picnic. [Yeah, this is the thing to ponder.]

via Janetter for Mac

RT @MikeCarlton01: @stilgherrian You’d have to caption it carefully. Piers Akerman (at left) [Yeah look, Carlton said that, not me.]

via Janetter for Mac

Did anyone do a Photoshop job of Ackerman in flagrante delecto with Peppa Pig?

via Janetter for Mac

darrenpauli Does anyone know anything about an Aussie using the handle ‘mod’ or ‘modem’? He was part of the Underground Intelligence Agency.

via Hootsuite (retweeted on 4:16 PM, Dec 13th, 2013 via Janetter for Mac)

RT @Rob_Stott: Downloading new Beyoncé [Mental illness continues to be a problem in Australia.]

RT @firstdogonmoon: who wants four old bicycles? [An old octopus?]

via Janetter for Mac

Elmo_Keep These farm animals just slut it up all year.

via Twitter Web Client (retweeted on 3:42 PM, Dec 13th, 2013 via Janetter for Mac)

Elmo_Keep The sheer number of baby animals I see from the train all year round makes me disbelieve this “they are born in Spring” adage.

jeamland So who’s making the Peppa Pig Che t-shirts?

via Tweetbot for Mac (retweeted on 3:35 PM, Dec 13th, 2013 via Janetter for Mac)

The Magic of Television, part whatever instagram.com/p/h2SSurCFqx/

via Instagram

Colvinius Credit to Twitter: swift reversal of block policy after protest: blog.twitter.com/2013/reverting…

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 2:52 PM, Dec 13th, 2013 via Janetter for Mac)

Being an “incorrigible rogue” is no longer against UK law. mobile.nytimes.com/2013/12/13/wor…

_wirepair it is friday: i.imgur.com/u2zRtOB.gif

via Twitter Web Client (retweeted on 2:42 PM, Dec 13th, 2013 via Janetter for Mac)

RSnake Some helpful security status modes: pic.twitter.com/HyAACAp7v1

via Janetter for Mac (retweeted on 2:21 PM, Dec 13th, 2013 via Janetter for Mac)

cjjosh Think of all the bloody nut jobs! And my relatives - and where that Venn Diagram intersects

via TweetDeck (retweeted on 2:09 PM, Dec 13th, 2013 via Janetter for Mac)

paulwallbank No Apple Maps, I’m not in Oakland, California. Thanks for your help

via Echofon (retweeted on 2:08 PM, Dec 13th, 2013 via Janetter for Mac)

NickEvershed imagine the movie marathons you’ll be able to do when all 6 directors cuts of jackson’s tolkien films are out. people will probably die.

via Twitter Web Client (retweeted on 2:07 PM, Dec 13th, 2013 via Janetter for Mac)

bitcoin_txt Bitcoin is the Ham Radio of currencies…it’s easy to use, extremely useful, and is on the cusp of mainstream acceptance.

via TweetDeck (retweeted on 2:03 PM, Dec 13th, 2013 via Janetter for Mac)

I have called in brain-dead.

via Janetter for Mac

Introducing Stephen Hung, the world’s most punchable entrepreneur. online.wsj.com/news/articles/…

via Janetter for Mac

firstdogonmoon NOW I AM GOING TO DRINK BEER AND PLAY CANDY CRUSH SAGA FOR THE REST OF MY LIFE

via Tweetbot for Mac (retweeted on 1:18 PM, Dec 13th, 2013 via Janetter for Mac)

BrigadierSlog Oh dear, develop pieces b4 bringing Queen out @Falconhawkman: Showgirls playing chess backstage, New York,1958 pic.twitter.com/Uy9gT9Et6C

via Twitter for Android (retweeted on 1:18 PM, Dec 13th, 2013 via Janetter for Mac)

“… until fashion changes brought about by the French Revolution.”

via Janetter for Mac

Merrill Lynch reckon Bitcoin’s “fair value” is $1300, according to this piece by @david_glance theconversation.com/bitcoins-rehab…

via Janetter for Mac

OH: “Who’s doing the press conference?” “Morrison.” “Oh yes, it’s his weekly sulk.”

via Janetter for Mac

KingCnut As if anyone would listen to David Cameron!! - PM’s Nigella Lawson comments: Ignore them, says judge bbc.in/1f9v7PR

via Twitter for Websites (retweeted on 12:50 PM, Dec 13th, 2013 via Janetter for Mac)

It’s OK about Twitter’s block-feature arehattery, someone’s started a petition.

via Janetter for Mac

When I write my great satirical techno-thriller I’ll name one of the villains “‘Nasty’ Goreng”.

via Plume for Android

Twitter needs a “find subtweets about you” button.

via Plume for Android

@rhysam A holiday in Crete would be lovely, yes.

via Plume for Android in reply to rhysam

methadonna @stilgherrian Did someone say Pepper Pig pic.twitter.com/U307Y9tQDt

via Twidere for Android #2 (retweeted on 11:32 AM, Dec 13th, 2013 via Plume for Android)

Someone is telling fibs again.

via Plume for Android

Maybe I can bypass the filters by talking about Peppa Pork.

via Plume for Android

Choire Understanding blocking as “making others invisible” instead of “making yourself private” is the most bro product conception ever.

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 11:20 AM, Dec 13th, 2013 via Plume for Android)

So @karalee and I have finished recording this week’s @DownloadABC, leaving @marcfennell to edit out my inappropriate “jokes”.

via Plume for Android

There’s a chap in the Devonshire St subway busking with a piano. Currently playing Rachmaninov.

via Plume for Android

Going in the back door way at the ABC.

via Plume for Android

@Andrew_Zammit Sounds like the signal to noise ratio is too low to be useful.

via Plume for Android in reply to Andrew_Zammit

@marcuskelson Ah, there’s a lot of it about. A break would be nice, but I do pace myself, trading potential income for flexibility.

via Plume for Android in reply to marcuskelson

Fri plan: 1000 record @DownloadABC; finish a bunch of writing; train to Wentworth Falls; quiet night, in all likelihood.

via Plume for Android

@marcuskelson Mistress Insomnia and the Black Dog, they come and go. The Mistress has been too keen recently. I survive.

via Janetter for Mac in reply to marcuskelson

Jeff_Sparrow Today we are all Peppa Pig.

via TweetDeck (retweeted on 8:40 AM, Dec 13th, 2013 via Janetter for Mac)

Jeff_Sparrow ‘Peppa’s favourite things include games, dressing up, days out and jumping in muddy puddles.’ If that’s not socialism, I don’t know what is.

via TweetDeck (retweeted on 8:38 AM, Dec 13th, 2013 via Janetter for Mac)

Have I mentioned that I feel dreadful today?

via Janetter for Mac

davpope If you’ve read Moby Dick you know how this story ends <my cartoon in today’s @canberratimes canberratimes.com.au/photogallery/f…> pic.twitter.com/aAOQ7TYfSB

via Twitter for Android (retweeted on 8:32 AM, Dec 13th, 2013 via Janetter for Mac)

RT @SBSNews Organ donation ‘difficult subject’ for migrant communities bit.ly/1h49S3m [Generalising about migrants is called…?]

via Janetter for Mac

By the way, Dear Mistress Insomnia, you can fuck right off for a week or two.

via Janetter for Mac

Shut up. Grammar, what even is it?

via Janetter for Mac

I now live in fear that in my twilight years I’m end up writing blogue posts denouncing the inherent fascism of stone fruit.

via Janetter for Mac

Gawd, I’d thought the Ackerman-Peppa stoush was some daft Twitter “satire”. Apparently it’s an actual thing. Is this our fate?

via Janetter for Mac

mscott Piers Akerman has attacked Peppa Pig. I’m calling for calm before toddlers trash the News Corp headquarters.

via Twitter Web Client (retweeted on 8:15 AM, Dec 13th, 2013 via Janetter for Mac)

Journalism should stop fetishising length, says this article, and I agree. theatlantic.com/business/archi…

via Janetter for Mac

@troyhunt @jonoabroad And the footage needs to be in grainy B&W and slow motion. All the evils.

via Janetter for Mac in reply to troyhunt

So @JustinianNews has done an entertaining analysis of same-sex marriage and Brandis’ preference for the back door. smh.com.au/comment/freedo…

via Janetter for Mac

RT @BlogsofWarTech: The quantified baby: app backed by Skype co-founder wants to track breastfeeding and diapers goo.gl/j3gqF3 [!]

via Janetter for Mac

RT @troyhunt: @stilgherrian only email addresses, no passwords (and that includes the subscription service). [Oh well you’re NO fun! ;)]

via Janetter for Mac

“Gay Sex Bans: One of the British Empire’s Most Enduring Legacies” theatlantic.com/international/… HT @BlogsofWar

paulkidd STOP THE SLEDS pic.twitter.com/5ax7wJ5bua

via Tweetbot for iOS (retweeted on 7:55 AM, Dec 13th, 2013 via Janetter for Mac)

Of course this means @troyhunt is building up a gloriously huge database of pwned credentials and info on who’s alert… ;)

via Janetter for Mac

troyhunt I’ll have the @haveibeenpwned notification service for future breaches ready in the next few days, email me if you can help test.

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 7:54 AM, Dec 13th, 2013 via Janetter for Mac)

CameronAtfield Imagine, for a moment, being Piers Akerman.

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 7:45 AM, Dec 13th, 2013 via Janetter for Mac)

leighsales Can somebody PLEASE commission Piers Akerman to write a full piece on the feminist propaganda in Peppa Pig? It’ll be awesome.

via Twitter for iPad (retweeted on 7:41 AM, Dec 13th, 2013 via Janetter for Mac)

Vice_Is_Hip Why Michael Fassbender’s next film is just a blurry photograph of his penis

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 7:40 AM, Dec 13th, 2013 via Janetter for Mac)

So Holden says it DID bid for the VIPs fleet, despite what the government said. Goodness. smh.com.au/federal-politi…

via Janetter for Mac

@kjmci Awwwww. Thanks. I’m not a fan of emoji, but look tastes differ. It could be worse.

via Janetter for Mac in reply to kjmci

“So what did you do today, honey?” “I put emoji into SwiftKey, you?” “Oh, just the usual, saved eight children from cancer.”

via Janetter for Mac

RT @kjmci: Hooray, emoji support in SwiftKey Beta! 😁🎉🎊🎇 [OH: “Just think, someone actually spent time making that possible.]

RT @ozdj: Do seagulls ever wonder what we’re thinking about? [No.]

via Janetter for Mac

Here’s a 2002 piece about Memri, the source site. theguardian.com/world/2002/aug… @dannolan @Colvinius @mpesce HT @RuncibleCat

via Janetter for Mac

That “sodomy for Jihad” thing that @dannolan and I tweetified last night appears to be a Zionist disinformation effort. @Colvinius @mpesce

via Janetter for Mac

@maelduin_ross @Colvinius @dannolan Ah well there you go. Thanks, it did seem a bit odd. And no, I am not a front for Zionist propaganda.

via Janetter for Mac in reply to maelduin_ross

Fri plan, draft, unordered: 1000 record @DownloadABC; finish a bunch of writing; train to Wentworth Falls; quiet night.

via Plume for Android

Oh, and it’s already an hour later than I want it to be. Abbott has completely failed stop the clocks.

via Plume for Android

Errrrrrrrrr Friday. And already I feel dreadful.