May 11th, 2014

RT @semibogan: @stilgherrian how will the aliens get in touch!? [They have their ways. And I have their implants.]

via Janetter for Mac in reply to semibogan

@sirneggles Thanks for that. I don’t think I’ll screw around with it for an 8-day stay when I’ll have free data at the hotels and events.

via Janetter for Mac in reply to sirneggles

I tried a US data SIM in an LG Optimus G but it’d only connect via 2G. It can’t have all the frequencies I need. Sigh.

via Janetter for Mac

@Telstra The Netgear AirCard 760S supplied as BigPond 4G Wi-Fi hotspots, are they locked to Telstra or can I swap in another data SIM?

via Janetter for Mac

@NewtonMark But this is how it begins, Mark. The contagion will spread.

via Janetter for Mac in reply to NewtonMark

I’ve just found my wine bar tab from yesterday. I now understand why I slept so soundly and for so long.

via Janetter for Mac

@nancycato1 Now you ARE encouraging me to use strong language. Ah, what a world! And on that note, I’ll get to work.

via Janetter for Mac in reply to nancycato1

RT [REDACTED]: I believe this report explains everything akihabaranews.com/2014/05/10/art… [Yes, it does. Thank you.]

via Janetter for Mac

@nancycato1 Auto-correct is a blight upon humanity, and quite funny at times.

via Janetter for Mac in reply to nancycato1

@SnarkyPlatypus Well now I’ve decided on the cover photo for my book.

via Janetter for Mac in reply to SnarkyPlatypus

ItsKieranTime I’ve found it; the most confusing image on the internet. pic.twitter.com/mI1ieoLPRw

via Twitter Web Client (retweeted on 11:27 PM, May 11th, 2014 via Janetter for Mac)

Gotham3 Cross Section of Undersea Cable pic.twitter.com/Fl1L727UM2

@nancycato1 That’s brought a smile to my face. Thank you. Dspite your threats.

via Janetter for Mac in reply to nancycato1

@nancycato1 Is that a threat, Ms Cato? It sounds like a threat. Yes, I think that is a threat.

via Janetter for Mac in reply to nancycato1

The consensus is that I should not scroll back, so I shan’t. Despite the (probably evil) encouragement of @nancycato1.

via Janetter for Mac

RT @garystark: Coffee in hotel breakfast room tastes like coffee. [I thought you were stil in The America…]

via Janetter for Mac in reply to garystark

@SnarkyPlatypus “Délicieux, mais non durable”, ah, que décrit tant de choses!

via Janetter for Mac in reply to SnarkyPlatypus

I have come to the conclusion that the award-winning @marcfennell’s hair needs its own (potentially) award-winning Twitter account.

via Janetter for Mac

@SnarkyPlatypus Besides, we will have gone 90 minutes without a drink by then. Assuming we don’t drink on the bus. Which would neer happen.

via Janetter for Mac in reply to SnarkyPlatypus

@SnarkyPlatypus Look, don’t question the itinerary. We are journalists, and must do exactly as we are told.

via Janetter for Mac in reply to SnarkyPlatypus

@SnarkyPlatypus Bonjour. J’ai vaincu Maîtresse l’insomnie avec un long vol sans sommeil, savoureux pièces de porc salé, du pain et du vin.

via Janetter for Mac in reply to SnarkyPlatypus

Sun plan, comment thereupon: I see precisey nothing that could go wrong during the execution of that plan, especially the latter half.

via Janetter for Mac

Sun plan: Blogging catch-up; audio editing; 1145 meet press contingent for Sonoma Valley wine tour, 1700 pre-dinner drinks, 1900 dinner.

via Janetter for Mac

@jeamland That’s more that six hours of goatage. With three speakers. Are you going to it?

via Janetter for Mac in reply to jeamland

@elronxenu There is a “Location” field in Twitter profiles, and I use it.

via Janetter for Mac in reply to elronxenu

Wondering whether to break my sort-of rule about not scrolling back through the overnight Twitter feeds.

via Janetter for Mac

I’m going to start Sunday now, if that’s OK with you.

via Janetter for Mac

And yet it is closed. Americans are arsehats. instagram.com/p/n1nsmciFiJ/

via Instagram

Is there some gay thing happening?

via Plume for Android

Continuing to improve international relations.

via Plume for Android

Dear Australia, the fact that your entire government seems to be Andrew Bolt’s bitch is an excellent* look.

via Plume for Android

fanfiction_txt ITS BULLSHIT

LOVE, FUCK OFF

via Twitter Web Client (retweeted on 10:31 AM, May 11th, 2014 via Plume for Android)

Improving* international relations.

via Plume for Android

@scottcarson1957 Well, yeah, sorry, I forgot that North America is not a postage stamp.

via Plume for Android in reply to scottcarson1957

@scottcarson1957 Also, we’re in the same time zone for the next week.

via Plume for Android in reply to scottcarson1957

@scottcarson1957 I’m cool with that, ‘cos that would make her the classiest mugger I’ve ever met.

via Plume for Android in reply to scottcarson1957

VirtualTal Twitter is the weirdest BBS. Do they even have warez on here? Does anyone know how to page the sysop?

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 9:37 AM, May 11th, 2014 via Plume for Android)

For some reason the waiter, who is a very smart young woman, has left the rest of the bottle with me. instagram.com/p/n1cFNpiFu2/

via Instagram

@SnarkyPlatypus Actq, the short version is that I realised which collection of stuff in my suitcase would have looked like a bomb.

via Plume for Android in reply to SnarkyPlatypus

@jplonie Yeah I should go to Vegas next weekend.

via Plume for Android in reply to jplonie

Oh @abcnews you arsehats. (Note, this sentence is valid 95% of the time.)

via Plume for Android

@SnarkyPlatypus I’ll blog my theory in due course. Right now I am improving the universe with salted pig parts and petite sirah.

via Plume for Android in reply to SnarkyPlatypus

As an aside this was the first US trip in a while where the TSA didn’t search my luggage. Because I figured out why.

via Plume for Android

@jplonie Well that’s taken as read. But is the NSA “adult supervision”?

via Plume for Android in reply to jplonie

TumblrTXT I believe the only way to liberate yourself is to invent your own gender or at least abolish gender entirely.

via Buffer (retweeted on 9:13 AM, May 11th, 2014 via Plume for Android)

paulwallbank ooh squirrels!

via TweetDeck (retweeted on 9:13 AM, May 11th, 2014 via Plume for Android)

@_andrewtrinh Yes, well, given the topicality of the wobble board’s inventor… but no, can’t help you with the exercise device.

via Plume for Android in reply to _andrewtrinh

@_andrewtrinh Do you mean the exercise device or the musical instrument?

via Plume for Android in reply to _andrewtrinh

I should not be let loose in The America without adult supervision.

via Plume for Android

Conversations are dangerous. I’ve just become instant friends with a woman who own a Cuban restaurant in San Jose. This week will not end we

via Plume for Android

@monsieurpotts @SnarkyPlatypus @ChrissieM I assure you, I am in San Francisco. Do I have to post a selfie of me with today’s newspaper?

via Janetter for Mac in reply to monsieurpotts

@SnarkyPlatypus @ChrissieM This is an interesting fact but I am not sure what I can do with it.

via Janetter for Mac in reply to SnarkyPlatypus

@swearyanthony @sylmobile Stop picking on me. Leave me alone and let me endure my international 5-star misery.

via Janetter for Mac in reply to swearyanthony

@swearyanthony I’ve just poured myself off a trans-Pacific flight. I am barely human.

via Janetter for Mac in reply to swearyanthony

@skwashd It’ll happen some time this weekend. The gaps between wine and sleep will be to assemble to material that’s already recorded.

via Janetter for Mac in reply to skwashd

@garystark Thank you. It seems reasonably serviceable.

via Janetter for Mac in reply to garystark

I’m now checked into the hotel in downtown San Francisco. A long hot shower is called for, folowed by a lunch that might well include wine.

via Janetter for Mac