June 5th, 2014

@Steve_Lockstep You are most kind, but I know too many real experts out there to be comfortable with the title.

via Janetter for Mac in reply to Steve_Lockstep

And that radio spot is done. Must defuse this “cyber security expert” thing. though.

via Janetter for Mac

On hold with @2ue to talk about “swatting”, continuing yesterday’s chat. stilgherrian.com/conversations/… Listen at 2ue.com.au, or not.

via Janetter for Mac

cambuntu Vortex swirls from this 777 today as it exited the clouds. #777 instagram.com/p/o2p1ddStwO/

via Twitter for iPad (retweeted on 5:32 PM, Jun 5th, 2014 via Janetter for Mac)

It’s bound to work for Gerry Harvey at The Entertainment Quarter, @vealmince, because every Westfield mall just vaporised. Oh wait.

via Janetter for Mac in reply to vealmince

I am informed that I will be on the wireless after the 1730 news headlines.

via Janetter for Mac

Great “plan”, Gerry. Shops and restaurants next to sportgrounds, so you’ll create an experience with sport, food and retail. GOOD IDEA.

via Janetter for Mac

“We’ve got to work out how to make it buzz,” says Gerry Harvey. EXACTLY. Gerry, that is the very effing point.

via Janetter for Mac

Gerry Harvey’s “plan” is to “create an experience with food and retail so people will want to come back”, to “make it buzz”. Well, yes.

via Janetter for Mac

I’ve heard Gerry Harvey talk about The Entertainment Quarter three times now, and his “plans” are nothing but waffle.

via Janetter for Mac

xntrik But, who’s DevOpsing the Internet of Things ??

via Tweetbot for Mac (retweeted on 5:07 PM, Jun 5th, 2014 via Janetter for Mac)

So General Hurley is to be the next governor of NSW. Another post-military appointment. Curious.

via Janetter for Mac

I’m having trouble finding reliable evidence for a formal swatting point-scoring system. Just colloquial “bonus points for a helicopter”.

via Janetter for Mac

There won’t be a @5at5daily today, I’m afraid. There’s some things I need to finish tonight.

via Janetter for Mac

mrtonymartin ‘Bear Grylls Went Too Far With Enema’ is not a headline I want to click on.

via Twitter Web Client (retweeted on 4:54 PM, Jun 5th, 2014 via Janetter for Mac)

Joe Tripodi has been found corrupt by ICAC, I see, as well as Eddie Obeid. smh.com.au/nsw/joe-tripod…

via Janetter for Mac

@SnarkyPlatypus Aussi, je suis très polyvalent. (Je regarde cette traduction avec suspicion.)

via Janetter for Mac in reply to SnarkyPlatypus

@SnarkyPlatypus J’ai parlé de la 2UE avant, et je parle de la FIVEaa régulièrement. J’ai aussi été productive aujourd’hui.

via Janetter for Mac in reply to SnarkyPlatypus

glengyron PM Turnbull screaming at Tone in caucus: “WHERE’S THE FUCKEN PLANE, TONY?”

via TweetDeck (retweeted on 4:28 PM, Jun 5th, 2014 via Janetter for Mac)

@SnarkyPlatypus Bonjour. Il est au-delà de la description. Et vous?

via Janetter for Mac in reply to SnarkyPlatypus

@oberonsghost Thank you. I think an ill-advised late afternoon coffee will also help.

via Janetter for Mac in reply to oberonsghost

GreenJ um … RT @Barnaby_Joyce: Leaving Tamworth for Canberra, Rainbow staying. pic.twitter.com/s8mRYSxiRs

via TweetDeck (retweeted on 4:20 PM, Jun 5th, 2014 via Janetter for Mac)

@RSAConference Ah yes, that works much better, thank you.

via Janetter for Mac in reply to RSAConference

I’m talking “swatting” on @2ue at 1715 AEST, continuing yesterday’s chat. stilgherrian.com/conversations/… Listen at 2ue.com.au, or not.

My brain still hurts.

via Janetter for Mac

Me in a mood yesterday: “Guilty of being a teenager in a public place” stilgherrian.com/politics/guilt…

via Janetter for Mac

@nancycato1 I figured I had to say something, and that best expressed my state of mind. Today is being an ankle of a day.

via Janetter for Mac in reply to nancycato1

RT @PeteLawler: RT @stilgherrian: My brain hurts. [HELLO MISTER GUMBY!] [HELLO!]

via Janetter for Mac in reply to PeteLawler

leslienassar “People can report sightings of fake monks to NSW Fair Trading on 13 32 20.”

via Twitter for iPad (retweeted on 8:52 AM, Jun 5th, 2014 via Janetter for Mac)

@PeteLawler @juhasaarinen We must not permit red food colouring to pollute the purity of our precious bodily fluids.

via Janetter for Mac in reply to PeteLawler

appendixjournal Hugo Gernsback demonstrating his “television glasses” in 1963, from our upcoming article by @gwijthoff. pic.twitter.com/vEwPoa8npS

via Twitter Web Client (retweeted on 8:14 AM, Jun 5th, 2014 via Janetter for Mac)

My blog post “Guilty of being a teenager in a public place” has been updated with the law. stilgherrian.com/politics/guilt… pic.twitter.com/txexGtvJrz

via Janetter for Mac

@ShaneBenting @ZDNet Thanks, yeah I saw it earlier and I’ve already pointed it out to @RSAConference. No correction from them yet.

via Janetter for Mac in reply to ShaneBenting

@semibogan There there… Do you want a cuddle?

via Janetter for Mac in reply to semibogan

Thu plan, draft: Make it through to sunset without slaughtering each and every one of you as painfully as possible; cocktails.

via Janetter for Mac

I think I agree with @LindaMottram, no-one should bother getting out of bed today.

via Janetter for Mac

The Great Western Highway is closed at Mt Boyce. Avoid. m.livetraffic.rta.nsw.gov.au/Incident.aspx?…

via Janetter for Mac

Thank you for brining us Gerry Harvey this morning, @702sydney, it’s the funniest thing I’ve heard all week.

via Janetter for Mac

mrtiedt This may be the cleverest thing I’ve read today RT @JennaPrice: That was quite hilarious @ClaireRPorter pic.twitter.com/e52FB3qWlW

via Tweetbot for iΟS (retweeted on 7:24 AM, Jun 5th, 2014 via Janetter for Mac)

@semibogan “JUST SHUT UP AND POINT TO THE DOLL!”

via Janetter for Mac in reply to semibogan

@semibogan “Please show me on the doll…”

via Janetter for Mac in reply to semibogan

@Conor_Joyce @CasparBowden @JFK_Europa @ClaudeMoraesMEP Sorry, just saw I was replying to a tweet from that time in 2013. I’ll shoosh now.

via Janetter for Mac in reply to Conor_Joyce

@Conor_Joyce @CasparBowden @JFK_Europa @ClaudeMoraesMEP Not news. MSFT timeline is to have it all server-server encrypted by end 2014.

via Janetter for Mac in reply to Conor_Joyce

@lsaiz Indeed. @RSAConference is not alone. Being misquoted seems to be the theme of my week this week. It happens that way sometimes.

via Janetter for Mac in reply to lsaiz

@semibogan So it’s just kittens for you now?

via Janetter for Mac in reply to semibogan

@GreenJ Isn’t it just. So much magic.

via Janetter for Mac in reply to GreenJ

@lsaiz Please see my immediately preceding tweet, or indeed what my column actually says.

via Janetter for Mac in reply to lsaiz

RT @GreenJ: still dark. [Oh, I thought you seemed quite cheerful.]

via Janetter for Mac in reply to GreenJ

@RSAConference @ZDNet Erm, it’s the opening up of the APIs in iOS 8 that introduces risks. I actually say Swift may help mitigate them.

via Janetter for Mac in reply to RSAConference

Cut and Paste is a “stain on the otherwise unblemished reputation of the national broadsheet”, says an apparently drug-free @GreenJ.

via Janetter for Mac

@Bruff Ta. I’m pondering strategies for tackling Mistress Insomnia. One way or another, knowing what’s going on will help.

via Janetter for Mac in reply to Bruff

@Bruff Thanks. I saw the IFTTT pathway, curious about the sensor(s). Cheers.

via Janetter for Mac in reply to Bruff

I think than @RNBreakfast needs more Americans shouting numbers.

via Janetter for Mac

@Bruff I’m sure this is posted somewhere, but what are you using for your sleep monitoring?

via Janetter for Mac in reply to Bruff

@juhasaarinen Yeah I think I need to huff some more butane to get the full mind meld going on.

via Janetter for Mac in reply to juhasaarinen

@GreenJ @BreakfastNews I also like the OMFG THIS IS TERRIBLE AND SHOCKING QUICK QUICK WATCH IT WATCH IT WATCH IT.

via Janetter for Mac in reply to GreenJ

@GreenJ @BreakfastNews I hope you’re going to shock the world with the news that 14yo boys sometimes say stupid things.

via Janetter for Mac in reply to GreenJ

@GreenJ @BreakfastNews Do it. Might as well get it in before the rush.

via Janetter for Mac in reply to GreenJ

Suddenly remembering that the 80s actually happened, and I was THERE.

via Janetter for Mac

@juhasaarinen @SnarkyPlatypus You’d better write some damn good cybers today then, Saarinen, because you’re on the good stuff now.

via Janetter for Mac in reply to juhasaarinen

feraldata flirtation rules. now imagine doing this w tech objects MT @theretronaut: 1800s rules buff.ly/1uhH3ah) pic.twitter.com/FdxnPrqWvz

via TweetDeck (retweeted on 5:29 AM, Jun 5th, 2014 via Janetter for Mac)

businessinsider Here’s the latest example of sexist behavior at a tech conference: businessinsider.com/atlassian-atla… pic.twitter.com/ntdIyelGkS

via TweetDeck (retweeted on 5:29 AM, Jun 5th, 2014 via Janetter for Mac)

It would appear that the creator has made an explanatory* trailer, @juhasaarinen @SnarkyPlatypus youtube.com/watch?v=Q1eRFH…

via Janetter for Mac

@SnarkyPlatypus @juhasaarinen I think this is some coded message to activate the sleeper agents.

via Janetter for Mac in reply to SnarkyPlatypus

@juhasaarinen Yeah I can hear that it’s Australian. Christ, Juha, set up burning oil on your beaches before it spreads to you.

via Janetter for Mac in reply to juhasaarinen

@juhasaarinen What are you writing? A suicide note? Address labels for letter bombs?

via Janetter for Mac in reply to juhasaarinen

“We accept Bitcoin” is the 21st Century equivalent of “Do you want fries with that?”

via Janetter for Mac

Imagine being trapped in a well and having “Invisible Touch” played at you over and over and over and over..youtube.com/watch?v=epOBen…MU

via Janetter for Mac

RT @gattaca: I just received an email that gets a buzz word bingo triple word score. [I NEED TO KNOW WHAT THESE WORDS ARE.]

via Janetter for Mac in reply to gattaca

@marcuskelson True. I’m just having trouble dealig with the trauma of watching the intro to the video for “Invisible Touch”

via Janetter for Mac in reply to marcuskelson

Geekosystem There are LITERAL grammar nazis — nazis who care about grammar — on Twitter. geekosystem.com/literal-gramma… pic.twitter.com/ybZwBWuLYY

via TweetDeck (retweeted on 5:12 AM, Jun 5th, 2014 via Janetter for Mac)

Trying to figure out which is worse, Phil Collins or dysentry.

via Janetter for Mac

@SnarkyPlatypus Surtout, je vais pleurer et se plaindre de tout.

via Janetter for Mac in reply to SnarkyPlatypus

I considered linking to Genesis’ “Invisible Touch” in my Mr Smith tweet earlier, but I listened to the song again. No-one deserves that.

via Janetter for Mac

@SnarkyPlatypus Bonjour. Je suis froid et fatigué et grincheux et agacé. Donnez-moi un chaton! Et vous?

via Janetter for Mac in reply to SnarkyPlatypus

This has to be my favourite* picture of cyber. This is how real cyber people cyber. Obviously. pic.twitter.com/aM0Y4aKfZM

via Janetter for Mac

Graphic cyber groupthink! This is what cyber looks like, apparently. google.com.au/search?q=cyber… Kill me now.

via Janetter for Mac

Actually that’s the only thing I’ll pimp individually. Everything else is on my website, as usual. stilgherrian.com

via Janetter for Mac

Blog post: “Guilty of being a teenager in a public place” stilgherrian.com/politics/guilt… pic.twitter.com/txexGtvJrz

via Janetter for Mac

Since I’m up this effing early I might as well pimp a few things.

via Janetter for Mac

Thursday. Show me on the dolly where Mr Smith’s “invisible hand” touched you. Thursday.