July 13th, 2014

“Smells like teen spirit” indeed.

Still, more than a few young students lost their virginity in those music rooms, as the stains on those corduroy bean bags would attest.

The romantic ambience of Pink Floyd and quality Indonesian hashish was, I was told, ruined by the lingering stench of Quellada lotion.

… which were notable for their excellent speakers, corduroy bean bags, dim lighting, eternal stench of marijuana and pubic lice infestation.

At the University of Adelaide, some time between, oh, 1977 and 1982, the student union building had a couple of music listening rooms…

@expectproblems I’m sure I’m not THAT predictable. And, since there is no dissent, I assume I’m correct.

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to expectproblems

“So, grandkids, I can remember when we just had a normal Moon. Just a big sphere of rock, it was. But then it became Super.”

via Janetter for Mac

“Supermoon” is bullshit anyway, unless you think “super” means “a little bit bigger than average”. No? Exactly. It’s all bullshit.

via Janetter for Mac

Yeah you people should learn how to look up things on the internet. Do you know what the “internet” is? How about “things”?

via Janetter for Mac

@druey I still haven’t seen the second set of three. No rush. That sort of TV drama takes time to make.

via Janetter for Mac in reply to druey

@NewtonMark Look, one thing at a time, of these people’s heads will explode. Oh. As you were. Go for it.

via Janetter for Mac in reply to NewtonMark

So you fucktards going on about the “supermoon” do know it was 24 hours ago, right?

via Janetter for Mac

I’ve been enjoying the TV series “The Tunnel”, based on the Danish series “The Bridge”, which has an excellent tabloid troll character.

via Janetter for Mac

Hildebrand in man employed to be a troll being a troll outrage.

via Janetter for Mac

Yes, yes, off you go, people, and whinge about the Hildebrand. It will make a difference*. [Pats your head gently.]

via Janetter for Mac

@robcorr I can’t be arsed reverse engineering IPA’s web presence infrastructure right now, so I’ll assume it’s like most and is rubbish.

via Janetter for Mac in reply to robcorr

@robcorr Your interpretation is correct. I’ve never had anything where I’ve felt the need to turn that on.

via Janetter for Mac in reply to robcorr

@robcorr Oh that’s a point. I guess sometimes people turn that on instead of getting a halfway decent web server.

via Janetter for Mac in reply to robcorr

@robcorr Pissy little traffic spikes of a few thousand requests are nothing. They handle MUCH bigger than that.

via Janetter for Mac in reply to robcorr

@robcorr IPA paranoia isn’t an input into Cloudflare’s systems. I use them myself for a few bits and pieces.

via Janetter for Mac in reply to robcorr

The taxi thing has happened and, apart from some snark from the driver, I am safely back at @bunjaree. With a .

via Janetter for Mac

@robcorr Cloudflare to anti-DDoS protection. Generally if there’s a pause to confirm you’re legit there’s something going down.

via Janetter for Mac in reply to robcorr

I just caught the train from Katoomba to Wentworth Falls, but now I have to wait for a taxi to be sent down from Katoomba.

via Plume for Android

@robcorr So you know what Cloudflare is doing there?

via Plume for Android in reply to robcorr

That means that right now I am sitting in the dark in freezing temperatures to save $15.

via Plume for Android

So how village life taxis work is that you wait 15 minutes in zero degree temperatures for the taxi, or catch it from Katoomba and pay more.

via Plume for Android

No, really, stop sending me your peanut butter stories.

via Plume for Android

@iain_chalmers That place needs to be burned to the ground to save our species.

via Plume for Android in reply to iain_chalmers

@R_Chirgwin Yeah the gas water heater thing needs to be followed up. That was just bullshit.

via Plume for Android in reply to R_Chirgwin

Feelpinions + Television = Wisdom.

via Plume for Android

I DON’T CARE WHAT YOU DID WITH THE PEANUT BUTTER OR HOW ENJOYABLE IT WAS.

via Plume for Android

I am now receiving reviews of various Dick Smith condiments. I should have realised. I am an arsehat.

via Plume for Android

@SnarkyPlatypus Look, you thought that sleep could make the  go away. You poor deluded fool.

via Plume for Android in reply to SnarkyPlatypus

As far as I can tell, the person saying that has precisely zero direct knowledge or experience of Dick Smith’s operations. But, you know.

via Plume for Android

“They do have taste testers but they just don’t understand Australian standards.”

via Plume for Android

“The only selling point is that it’s Australian owned, not because it’s any good. It’s all shit.”

via Plume for Android

OH: “Are any of those foods Dick Smith sells any good?” “No, they’ve vile. The tomato sauce is bearable, but the biscuits are disgusting.”

via Plume for Android

glengyron Tonight we bubble for Joe Hildebrand.

via TweetDeck (retweeted on 8:19 PM, Jul 13th, 2014 via Plume for Android)

Fuck. I have tweeted feelpinions about the Thorpe thing. It’s OK, everyone, I’ll be throwing myself off a cliff soon enough.

via Janetter for Mac

Now, any editor that runs a story that’s nothing more than “Twitter’s response to @IanThorpe’s news” should just kill themselves now, right?

via Janetter for Mac

Sorry, my immediately previous tweet was also meant to include the words “smug solipsistic cunts” but, you know, 140 characters.

via Janetter for Mac

Dear Australian Faggots, the experience of “being gay” extends much further than 400 metres from Taylor Square. Do try to remember that.

via Janetter for Mac

OK, I’m detecting from my view of the Twitterverse that Mr @IanThorpe has done good tonight. Despite jokes from smug inner-urban poofs.

via Janetter for Mac

@MarkDiStef Also, I haven’t said “Congrats!” yet for the @BuzzFeed gig. Break a leg.

via Janetter for Mac in reply to MarkDiStef

@MarkDiStef Indeed. I’ve only met her in formal situations, but, yeah, one can tell. It’d be a great session.

via Janetter for Mac in reply to MarkDiStef

1950s FFS, that @MarkDiStef’s life expectancy is plummeting daily.

via Janetter for Mac

@MarkDiStef We are agreed. [Nods.] Out of those three I’ve only met Fraser. But I understand all three are lovely people.

via Janetter for Mac in reply to MarkDiStef

@MarkDiStef At least Our Thorpie didn’t get rat-arsed and steal a flag from the palace.

via Janetter for Mac in reply to MarkDiStef

@MarkDiStef Oi! I wasn’t around in the 1950s either, you disrespectful whippersnapper. :P But Ms Fraser also speaks about the pressure.

via Janetter for Mac in reply to MarkDiStef

I may have to kill @drearyclocks. [Law enforcement, please ignore this tweet.]

via Janetter for Mac

@MarkDiStef Are you sure you haven’t forgotten Dawn Fraser? In the context of the media in her time, wasn’t it the same thing?

via Janetter for Mac in reply to MarkDiStef

@mr_gadget Indeed. And concepts of personal privacy are very different. We should compare notes later.

via Janetter for Mac in reply to mr_gadget

@fieldproducer But I do know that the power of such a respected Australian could make a difference.

via Janetter for Mac in reply to fieldproducer

@fieldproduce Thanks for that. They’re huge issues in my world. I’m just at the pub right now and haven’t seen it yet.

via Janetter for Mac

@drearyclocks Wait. I already file for a Rupert masthead. Conflicted.

via Janetter for Mac in reply to drearyclocks

@mr_gadget See, that’s an interesting observation already. I don’t know HK first-hand. I await.

via Janetter for Mac in reply to mr_gadget

I’ve not met @fieldproducer, but that’s an interesting observation.

via Janetter for Mac

fieldproducer If used in education the Parkinson interview with Ian Thorpe could really help kids in discussions around mental health & sexuality.

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 7:13 PM, Jul 13th, 2014 via Janetter for Mac)

@mr_gadget I’m intrigued about social aspects. When is it appropriate to be turning your environment into a data source, how people respond?

via Janetter for Mac in reply to mr_gadget

mrgrumpystephen Here’s my real opinion piece though: everything is terrible and everyone is awful.

via Tweetbot for iΟS (retweeted on 7:07 PM, Jul 13th, 2014 via Janetter for Mac)

@mr_gadget I’m glad. Actually, I’m interested in your experience and, even moreso, those around you.

via Janetter for Mac in reply to mr_gadget

@drearyclocks So there’s basically no way I can respond to your tweet and win, is there. You bastard.

via Janetter for Mac in reply to drearyclocks

RT @mrbenjaminlaw: Fuck I just want to break into the TV and give the guy a hug. [Which is why we have OH&S rules.]

via Janetter for Mac in reply to mrbenjaminlaw

RT @mr_gadget: first tweet from Google glass [It’s not too late to kill yourself and save our species.]

via Janetter for Mac in reply to mr_gadget

Apparently @mrgrumpystephen thinks you’re a “loser” if you’ve missed one of the 45,000,000,000 things on the internet. The loser.

via Janetter for Mac

@johnthelutheran In a way that’s even more sad. My trip to Cronulla revealed one guy who’s “racism” was more about nostalgia.

via Janetter for Mac in reply to johnthelutheran

paulkidd Will have to give back all his medals now? After all he won them at the straight Olympics.

via Tweetbot for iΟS (retweeted on 6:51 PM, Jul 13th, 2014 via Janetter for Mac)

So I’m assuming @FrannyHilIson is a satirical account? Surely no actual human could be this ignorant? twitter.com/FrannyHilIson/…

via Janetter for Mac

God, now I feel like a deleted scene from an ABC Sunday night political thriller.

via Janetter for Mac

@ethicalmartini Well, everyone’s personal experience is different.

via Janetter for Mac in reply to ethicalmartini

RT @R_Chirgwin: Should not be so hard to buy a gas oven without getting ripped off. [That’s what Hitler said.]

via Janetter for Mac in reply to R_Chirgwin

@jonoabroad @R_Chirgwin Nah, they don’t bother will all that old-school stuff any more. They just hack all your stuff. Allegedly.

via Janetter for Mac in reply to jonoabroad

RT @juhasaarinen: My theory is that came out and caused @stilgherrian’s bins to be stolen. [Pretty much, yes.]

via Janetter for Mac in reply to juhasaarinen

RT @jonoabroad: I know your not a polar bear, but it is fun to think you are. [My phone number is on my website. Let’s talk later.]

via Janetter for Mac in reply to jonoabroad

RT [REDACTED]: “gen-y spooks are lazy cnuts” [Exactly. There was a time when they’d put a bit of effort into it.]

via Janetter for Mac

@jonoabroad @R_Chirgwin Yeah yeah, years ago, during the First Gulf War.

via Janetter for Mac in reply to jonoabroad

This whole “We’ll surveil all the things” thing is just lazy, impersonal and inelegant. Where’s your sense of style, guys? You lazy sods.

via Janetter for Mac

I miss the days when you’d be walking and a car would cruise up to you, the spooks would say hello by name, and just explain the damn issue.

via Janetter for Mac

@R_Chirgwin No, no. Ancient news. Bins stolen. And, I’m sure in a COMPLETELY UNRELATED incident, my laptop and phone.

via Janetter for Mac in reply to R_Chirgwin

@R_Chirgwin Yeah, well, it’s a thing that happens. “They” steal your bins and go through them. I’m kinda over that lame bullshit.

via Janetter for Mac in reply to R_Chirgwin

I assume that’s just because these days it’s easier to just pwn my laptop and phone that fuck about with my trash.

via Janetter for Mac

It’s been years since anyone has stolen my bins. The last time was during Gulf War I when I was writing for a energy industry news site.

Gavin_Conroy Spitfire pair on patrol pic.twitter.com/SOhq8EsTxN

via Twitter Web Client (retweeted on 6:08 PM, Jul 13th, 2014 via Janetter for Mac)

This internet thing is useless.

via Janetter for Mac

swearyanthony Kill the yuppies, take their bins.

via Twitter for Android (retweeted on 6:06 PM, Jul 13th, 2014 via Janetter for Mac)

@WP_DownUnder Damn. It’s offline. Otherwise I would troll with that like nobody’s tomorrow.

via Janetter for Mac in reply to WP_DownUnder

@mischbypls @BernardKeane No, it’s a statement, or hope, that a fellow human’s private life should not be yet another fucking media circus.

via Janetter for Mac in reply to mischbypls

As I said earlier, I am so glad the front bar at [REDACTED] has Mr Nick Cave’s “Murder Ballads” on high rotation.

via Janetter for Mac

@AttardMon @marcuskelson So what you’re saying, in essence, is that we should all just kill ourselves right now. Gotcha.

via Janetter for Mac in reply to AttardMon

So, Internet, how do I watch the live RIGHT NOW? Or is the internet “everything but live TV”? You have seven minutes.

via Janetter for Mac

Oh. Sooner that two hours? Where’s the live stream?

via Janetter for Mac

@StanDevia @flexnib Oh now THAT would be commercial genius!

via Janetter for Mac in reply to StanDevia

In just two hours, Australian television will face the Thorpocalypse.

via Janetter for Mac

@troyhunt As an aside, @haveibeenpwned has allowed me to Make A Point to a few clients who were pwned. So thank you.

via Janetter for Mac in reply to troyhunt

@troyhunt Oh there is that. Is this where I mention Perl? ;)

via Janetter for Mac in reply to troyhunt

@troyhunt Serialisation should be punishable by death, truly. We invent databases and then use that shit.

via Janetter for Mac in reply to troyhunt

@BlogsofWar It just occurred to me that I have no idea where on the planet you are.

via Janetter for Mac in reply to BlogsofWar

@BlogsofWar I shall, thank you. After a bite to eat I’ll have a whiskey in your name.

via Janetter for Mac in reply to BlogsofWar

RT @flexnib: Imagine if he doesn’t actually come out! [That would be the most magnificent troll ever!]

via Janetter for Mac in reply to flexnib

RT @sylmobile: sugar glazed, Nutella filled scroll [Worst. Orgy. Ever.]

via Janetter for Mac in reply to sylmobile

@BlogsofWar Everything is under control, yes. It’s another lovely winter evening in the Blue Mountains.

via Janetter for Mac in reply to BlogsofWar

dailydot Aaron Swartz doc ‘The Internet’s Own Boy’ knocked off YouTube by bogus claim: bit.ly/1s4Camd

via Buffer (retweeted on 5:17 PM, Jul 13th, 2014 via Janetter for Mac)

Damn. I’ve misjudged my drinking rate of dark ale in relation to the closing of my bar tab and the train timetable. More ale then, I guess.

via Janetter for Mac

@deconverter Oh dear. Now I am confusing the two stories and this will not end well.

via Janetter for Mac in reply to deconverter

I particularly like GLBTILOLWTFBBQ “activists” who’ve been saying “It’s a personal issue” before launching into their “He should…” bleats.

via Janetter for Mac

It’s particularly special* that so many people have written and published their feelpinions without having seen the interview. Ethics FTW!

via Janetter for Mac

Scary thing is, the TV interview with the famous sportsplasher hasn’t even been aired yet. Imagine what it’ll be like once it has.

via Janetter for Mac

SwiftOnSecurity I don’t use Facebook.
“Why not?” is the wrong question.
The right question is, “What does Taylor Swift know that I don’t?”

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 4:58 PM, Jul 13th, 2014 via Janetter for Mac)

RT @jonathonio: “Denton, who wields sway with younger audiences” run that past me again [Oh Earthlings, you are all so cute!]

via Janetter for Mac in reply to jonathonio

@virag064 This is quite true. But for now. it’s tonight’s Media Fascination. Poor bastard.

via Janetter for Mac in reply to virag064

@virag064 I’m not having a go at you. I’m just frustrated about the unfolding public spectacle, and everyone having a feelpinion.

via Janetter for Mac in reply to virag064

How about you get off your own arses, and do something for Australia yourself, instead of being patriotism vampires on children?

via Janetter for Mac

It’s your selfishness, demanding that strangers perform for you like dancing bears, that created this fucking problem to begin with.

via Janetter for Mac

Jesus wept, people. You aren’t content with someone winning eleventy gold medals for sportsplashing, now you want him to solve human rights?

via Janetter for Mac

@virag064 No he doesn’t. Leave him alone. It’s none of any of our business.

via Janetter for Mac in reply to virag064

@juhasaarinen Stop it. You’re a grown man. Get a fucking grip.

via Janetter for Mac in reply to juhasaarinen

@scott_thewspot I did trial a Lumia 1020, and was very impressed, but no I do need something with a better lens again.

via Janetter for Mac in reply to scott_thewspot

@RealNickHodge The audio production in that is just spot on.

via Janetter for Mac in reply to RealNickHodge

I really need to get a proper camera.

One hour until sunset, Katoomba instagram.com/p/qYW57CiFtq/

via Instagram

Just to be clear, I’m not really a polar bear.

via Janetter for Mac

@stufromoz Yeah but starting your own Wikipedia page is tacky and against their policies. Rightly so, too.

via Janetter for Mac in reply to stufromoz

Oh that’s right. I’m meant to be thinking up story pitches and sending them off so I have some paying work this week. Nah. Another ale.

via Janetter for Mac

@CosmicRami Yeah, but I treat the personal parts as an early attempt to do psychological typing. MBTI is little better statistically.

via Janetter for Mac in reply to CosmicRami

NerdcoreBlog 3D-Printed Open Source Medieval Armor for Barbie crackajack.de/2014/07/12/3d-… pic.twitter.com/ftRKJx7I9D

via Nerdcoreblog (retweeted on 3:53 PM, Jul 13th, 2014 via Janetter for Mac)

@RealNickHodge I remember with great fondness the time we brought ABC Adelaide to a standstill when he launched a mock homophobic attack.

via Janetter for Mac in reply to RealNickHodge

@RealNickHodge Yeah, he is nice guy. Spent a couple long nights drinking with him when DAAS was just about to become famous.

via Janetter for Mac in reply to RealNickHodge

@CosmicRami I’d better not tell you that I’m trained as an astrologer then. Thought it might be a contrast to all the hard science I did.

via Janetter for Mac in reply to CosmicRami

God that brings back memories. Is Paul McDermott still a thing?

via Janetter for Mac

In public. On a Sunday morning at around 1100 . On Montefiore Hill in Adelaide.

via Janetter for Mac

This is true, though, @RealNickHodge. I am the only person to have been in bed with all three members of DAAS simultaneously.

via Janetter for Mac

@CosmicRami No, we’re clear. NASA use it and have a definition, but the term was coined by an astrologer. en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Supermoon

via Janetter for Mac in reply to CosmicRami

So, hypothetically speaking, how would you get a gig “educating” Channel Seven presenters about gayness? And do you get to choose?

via Janetter for Mac

The sad thing is, @CosmicRami, I think it was someone at NASA.

via Janetter for Mac in reply to CosmicRami

CosmicRami I’ve decided the person who coined the term “super moon” shall have their own private suite on the … So tacky.

via Echofon (retweeted on 3:41 PM, Jul 13th, 2014 via Janetter for Mac)

@prestontowers @fivewalls Russian Ark was glorious, but a complete wank. [Shrugs.] It was video art rather than drama. YMMV.

via Janetter for Mac in reply to prestontowers

RT @mattdasilva: You do actually have two heads ..? [Yes.]

via Janetter for Mac in reply to mattdasilva

Excellent. I just found the first incorrect fact about me on Wikipedia. But I’m not going to correct it because it works in my favour.

via Janetter for Mac

So he has his own Wikipedia page and I don’t. Humph.

via Janetter for Mac

@prestontowers @fivewalls Yes, but his TV work goes back some years before that, including SBS’ “The Movie Show”, and bunches of radio.

via Janetter for Mac in reply to prestontowers

@fivewalls @prestontowers Ah. You’re referring to someone I work with sometimes. Tastes differ. But I think your timelines are wrong.

via Janetter for Mac in reply to fivewalls

SERIOUSLY PEOPLE IF YOU ARE STILL TWEETING FEELPINIONS ABOUT THORPE THEN FFS CATCH UP WE’RE ONTO DENTON NOW.

via Janetter for Mac

Oddly, I thought that in a democracy anyone was welcome to express their political opinion. Obviously Denton and I didn’t get the memo.

via Janetter for Mac

@fivewalls @prestontowers I have no idea who you’re talking about.

via Janetter for Mac in reply to fivewalls

@fivewalls @prestontowers I don’t quite see why speaking confidently is a bad thing. It’s actually Media Presentation 101.

via Janetter for Mac in reply to fivewalls

RT @benpobjie: @prestontowers @stilgherrian he’s wrong about the ALP though: standing for nothing isn’t a bar to being elected. [True.]

via Janetter for Mac in reply to benpobjie

sirajdatoo Oh, ICYMI, this is how many people were discussing the data retention bill allowing govt to retain all your metadata pic.twitter.com/q7jUlESWK4

via TweetDeck (retweeted on 3:04 PM, Jul 13th, 2014 via Janetter for Mac)

RT @Andrew_Zammit: He expressed an opinion on something. [How dare he. HOW DARE HE! WHO DOES HE THINK HE IS, WITH AN “OPINION”?]

via Janetter for Mac in reply to Andrew_Zammit

RT @prestontowers: He said the ALP is unelectable because they seem to stand for nothing. Plus, Greens are ineffective. [Well, um, duh!]

via Janetter for Mac in reply to prestontowers

RT @benpobjie: because he said some things about the government and we’re all jealous that he’s more famous than we are [Oh is that all.]

via Janetter for Mac in reply to benpobjie

Should I ask? OK, I’ll ask. Why are some people launching into a whingefest about Andrew Denton? Will I now regret asking?

via Janetter for Mac

RT @BobGrrl: Did your other shopping include boots? pic.twitter.com/WFEUsqyxz5 [No. But clearly it should have. For so many reasons.]

via Janetter for Mac in reply to BobGrrl

RT @mattdasilva: Is that with gin in it? [That’s a gimlet, you arsehat. Though maybe a piglet could be a gimlet with bacon, for breakfast.]

via Janetter for Mac in reply to mattdasilva

I want a piglet now.

via Janetter for Mac

Because I follow @JohnBirmingham, I have discovered that @tinderfessions is a thing. A very interesting and amusing thing.

via Janetter for Mac

NewtonMark “A selection of the things described in the Guardian as ‘iconic’ in a heady fortnight in 2010.” arseh.at/4kj2

via Tweetbot for iΟS (retweeted on 2:51 PM, Jul 13th, 2014 via Janetter for Mac)

@jeamland Yes. Yes I do. It probably is a piglet, by the way.

via Janetter for Mac in reply to jeamland

Pleased that the front bar at [REDACTED] still has Mr Nick Cave’s “Murder Ballads” in their regular rotation. It always cheers me up.

via Janetter for Mac

This is a brief tweet to acknowledge that I say @RealNickHodge’s “Countdown” link earlier but am now politely ignoring it.

via Janetter for Mac

@profsarahj A Skype link for video both ways would be cheap and easy to set up and help the interaction no end.

via Janetter for Mac in reply to profsarahj

@profsarahj True, my point was kinda off-topic. Agree you’re at a disadvantage when you’re in a remote location. They should use video.

via Janetter for Mac in reply to profsarahj

What shopping I am going to do has been done. I’ll get the shifter when I’m next in Sydney. Which is Tuesday. Winter ale time.

via Janetter for Mac

@franksting No, just that one man. My lack of surprise was based on his personal contributions to the relaxed Sunday atmosphere.

via Plume for Android in reply to franksting

Ah. That’s a “Target Town & Country”, which has no hardware section. But, The Veronicas. Conflicted.

via Plume for Android

Well I’m in Target now and they’re playing The Veronicas so obviously everything is perfect.

via Plume for Android

@myxer99 Yes. Big W had no sets and wanted $19.95 for a single cheap-arse 250mm shifter. Fuck that. That’s not why China was invented.

via Plume for Android in reply to myxer99

I’ve left them to it. I’m heading off to revel in the glorious excitement of buying a new shifting spanner.

via Plume for Android

Double negatives are tricky and potentially incriminating.

@mrgrumpystephen Also, enough of my so-called friends are arsehats, I don’t need any more.

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to mrgrumpystephen

@mrgrumpystephen What, like pigs and cows are really nice on the inside? Are you suggesting I cook and eat the backpackers?

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to mrgrumpystephen

@Joshua_Glenn That was “reasonable expectation of privacy”, but iOS was “helping” as always.

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to Joshua_Glenn

The guy with the thick Irish accent: “So many of my problems have been caused by alcohol. So many.” I am shocked by this revelation,

NewtonMark Worst saddle rash ever. RT @inhabitat: What do you get when you cross a bike with a chainsaw? arseh.at/4kj0

via Tweetbot for iΟS (retweeted on 1:32 PM, Jul 13th, 2014 via Tweetbot for iΟS)

@SnarkyPlatypus I was thinking that. There’s at least one female Estuary accent in the group.

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to SnarkyPlatypus

@Joshua_Glenn One could argue that the front bar has no “reasonable speciation of privacy”, but sound quality matters.

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to Joshua_Glenn

@Joshua_Glenn My iPad is bigger and has poorer microphones than my Zoom H2. Also, NSW Surveillance Devices Act 2007, and ethics.

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to Joshua_Glenn

Oh dear God, the ringtone on her phone is Yazz, “The Only Way Is Up”.

No in the group, so my decision is “No”.

Hmmm… I have my audio recorder with me. Can I be arsed interviewing them?

RT @SnarkyPlatypus: Imagen having a ‘Pan-European’ restaurant. [I’m all for paella with sauerkraut and feta, obviously.]

“In Spain one night we had three jugs of sangria in the first 20 minutes and we were falling over everywhere. I love Spain, it’s so cheap.”

I’ve gotten another glass of wine. I’ll stay a listen a while longer. This is excellent.

Male, accent sounds like Sheffield area, boasting how he could eat “a whole one of those roasts”.

“”I’ll show you the real Asian,” says a young Cockney woman. “I’ll take you to Dixon Street.”

A young man explains in a thick Irish accent how Korean food isn’t quite like yum cha.

It appears that their understanding of “Australia” extends to 250 metres from Railway Square, and their train to Katoomba this morning.

Ah. Backpackers. “There’s so many different kinds of Asian food in Sydney, it’s confusing.” I see.

RT @GuardianAus: Channel 7 commentator will be ‘educated and counselled’ after gay slur trib.al/EjEW1FB []

One of the older women lunching here today sounds just like royals correspondent Gaye March from @madashelltv.

PlaneTalking says factory hourly rates lower in US than China. This-has-implications! blogs.crikey.com.au/planetalking/2…

via Twitter for Websites (retweeted on 12:53 PM, Jul 13th, 2014 via Tweetbot for iΟS)

@SnarkyPlatypus @carlyfindlay A lot of “traditional” food assumes low labour costs, with family or servant labour.

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to SnarkyPlatypus

@profsarahj Yep, I got the import of Article 2 immediately. A shame that “Stop the boats” and “orderly migration” we’re assumed goals today.

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to profsarahj

@carlyfindlay @SnarkyPlatypus Perhaps, but when labour costs count, nothing beats chucking a few spuds into the oven.

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to carlyfindlay

@SnarkyPlatypus Yorkshire pudding is a bit labour intensive for a $15 Sunday roast, I suspect.

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to SnarkyPlatypus

@profsarahj Thanks.thats the first time I’ve looked at any of that law. It looks… tricky.

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to profsarahj

@scottcarson1957 @BBCNews @rodstewart @SusanBoyleHQ Yeah, I don’t think the bookies will be giving very good odds on that one.

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to scottcarson1957

Remember “Her Majesty’s Disco Stick”? stilgherrian.com/humour/her-maj…

via Plume for Android

I wonder whether this Commonwealth Games will finally have a Torch that doesn’t look like a robotic slug.

via Plume for Android

MT @BBCNews .@rodstewart & @SusanBoyleHQ set to perform at Commonwealth Games opening ceremony. [Wrestling. Tell me it’s in the wrestling.]

via Plume for Android

People of Earth, your planet is not as advertised in the brochures.

Happy Sunday, near Wentworth Falls instagram.com/p/qX5X62iFgj/

via Instagram

Yes, just to be clear, @dannolan, I discovered “Drawn Together” a long time ago. Today’s discovery was so many episodes on the Tube.

via Plume for Android

Mobile: Walk dirt track then Railway Pde to Wentworth Falls; 1210 train to Katoomba; Sunday roast; shopping; remainder TBA.

“Suspicion breeds confidence.”

via Janetter for Mac

@cathywilcox1 “One small feline is all that lay between death and survival…”

via Janetter for Mac in reply to cathywilcox1

Someone on my timeline just mentioned “Drawn Together” and so I am pleased to discover this on YourTube. youtube.com/watch?v=JrZ2ci…

via Janetter for Mac

@melissamadsen Oh thanks. I wasn’t sure how it was working with just me and @marcfennell and no second guest. Glad it worked.

via Janetter for Mac in reply to melissamadsen

saladinahmed 1899 account of a “lady cyclist” who “used her fists in scientific fashion” on her harasser. pbs.twimg.com/media/BsQi252C… pic.twitter.com/ZsBriVgHxj

via Twitter for iPad (retweeted on 10:51 AM, Jul 13th, 2014 via Janetter for Mac)

ICYMI, me “helping” @marcfennell do @DownloadABC this week all by myself. abc.net.au/radionational/… And on YouTube. youtube.com/watch?v=fQWygz…

via Janetter for Mac

ICYMI, me at @zdnetaustralia Friday: “Big data is just a big, distracting bubble, soon to burst” zdnet.com/big-data-is-ju…

via Janetter for Mac

@Jin_Shei @safzoro @strange_signs @pingudownunder Yes, I understand that geese can make excellent guardcritters.

via Janetter for Mac in reply to Jin_Shei

Sun plan: Plan week ahead; Sunday lunch, Katoomba; shopping; continue planning the week ahead, with extreme prejudice; reading and research.

via Janetter for Mac

RT @mikedayawake: “Please… kill me…” pic.twitter.com/h7WpvSKuUn [Also, burn the Sydney Opera House down to the waterline. Jesus wept.]

via Janetter for Mac in reply to mikedayawake

RT @cathywilcox1: Tony “People skills” Abbott charms the PUPs. pic.twitter.com/s12T7jrsR4 [Well done. Did you kill the other cartoonist?]

via Janetter for Mac in reply to cathywilcox1

Well the goose thing seems to have struck a chord.

via Janetter for Mac

@SnarkyPlatypus Probably not, but I’ve sent you the link anyway.

via Janetter for Mac in reply to SnarkyPlatypus

@scottcarson1957 @SnarkyPlatypus @RNBreakfast Aha! “A paradigmatic violation of the right to be recognized as a person before the law.”

via Janetter for Mac in reply to scottcarson1957

Fuckin’ hilarious. You hypocritical turds.

via Janetter for Mac

People’s Fitzsimmons Feels are strong today. How dare he reflect on a social issue from a different viewpoint than your own. How DARE he.

via Janetter for Mac

Oh. Of course Australia isn’t signatory to the International Convention for the Protection of All Persons from Enforced Disappearance.

via Janetter for Mac

Wait, as I read that, Australia isn’t a signatory? treaties.un.org/Pages/ViewDeta…

via Janetter for Mac

International Convention for the Protection of All Persons from Enforced Disappearance. treaties.un.org/Pages/ViewDeta…

via Janetter for Mac

@scottcarson1957 @SnarkyPlatypus Oddly, someone on @RNBreakfast just suggested reading Article 2 of ICCPED on “enforced disappearance”.

via Janetter for Mac in reply to scottcarson1957

@scottcarson1957 @SnarkyPlatypus Yeah, Little Ally’s current government, the adults in charge now, seems to have Everything Under Control™.

via Janetter for Mac in reply to scottcarson1957

@scottcarson1957 @SnarkyPlatypus Yeah we’ve got that sorted. Except for some glitch with the so-called “High Court” and “international law”.

via Janetter for Mac in reply to scottcarson1957

@scottcarson1957 @SnarkyPlatypus Well same here in Little Ally. Except for Sri Lankan children. If any of them reach shore we’re screwed.

via Janetter for Mac in reply to scottcarson1957

RT @strange_signs: Not a sign you see everyday. pic.twitter.com/X7h7oRU7zG [We need more of these geese. HT @pingudownunder]

via Janetter for Mac in reply to strange_signs

@SnarkyPlatypus @kcarruthers I’ll teach you how to say it in Thai with proper tone. That’s more advantageous for you commercially.

via Janetter for Mac in reply to SnarkyPlatypus

Everybody dance now.

via Janetter for Mac

RT @Chilp: Why not just dump it into the water, mate? [Choke points in water systems. Easier to clean. I’ve thought… wait, no, I haven’t.]

via Janetter for Mac in reply to Chilp

RT @SwiftOnSecurity: @stilgherrian You should stick with retweeting me. That always makes you the good guy. [Quite true, my love.]

via Janetter for Mac in reply to SwiftOnSecurity

Sure, @SnarkyPlatypus, but remember who our Big Ally is, how much they pwn Australia, who gutless our “leaders” are, and who Big Ally fears.

via Janetter for Mac

RT @SnarkyPlatypus: If Tones really does side with Japan over China in their territorial disputes… *facepalm*

via Janetter for Mac in reply to SnarkyPlatypus

@kcarruthers No, we can’t be sure of that at all.

via Janetter for Mac in reply to kcarruthers

@SnarkyPlatypus Yes, Mr Rabbit’s vision* for the future has been particularly impressive* this qweek.

via Janetter for Mac in reply to SnarkyPlatypus

The Palmer United Party (PUP) policy development process explained. pic.twitter.com/xemUQSZxHN HT @theretronaut buff.ly/1nikpYR

via Janetter for Mac

So was this photo taken before or after Prime Minister Abe decided to take Mr Rabbit out for a few drinks? pic.twitter.com/TmB3GtC9vO

via Janetter for Mac

@SnarkyPlatypus Such ideas have been very much on the thoughtful person’s agenda here in Australia this week. Also pic.twitter.com/TmB3GtC9vO

via Janetter for Mac in reply to SnarkyPlatypus

It’s good to see that my comments re Japan have been retweeted into the arms control wonkosphere. That should help my diplomatic career.

via Janetter for Mac

“The Brookings Center Doha”? Lulwut?

via Janetter for Mac

This is called the Cooperative Arrangements Regarding Nuclear Waste Disposal. We dispose of the waste and then you cooperate.

via Janetter for Mac

And the quickest way to get rid of all that unwanted nuclear waste is out the rear ramp door of a C-130 over particularly annoying nations.

via Janetter for Mac

I can’t wait until Japan decides “fuck this” regarding its dodgy nuclear reactors, pulls their cores, and smears them all over East Asia.

RT @mongrel43: What’s a thought leader? [Exactly.]

via Janetter for Mac in reply to mongrel43

@SnarkyPlatypus Don’t your laundry staff fold your clothes? Time to fix that, I’d say.

via Janetter for Mac in reply to SnarkyPlatypus

@Secbuff Now I’m curious about how the language has changed over time. A TV show I saw yesterday used “drone”, not “bot” or “zombie”.

via Janetter for Mac in reply to Secbuff

@Secbuff Gotcha. I think I’ve heard “pivot” used in that context, yes, but I’m more familiar with “beachhead” or “staging point”.

via Janetter for Mac in reply to Secbuff

@Secbuff It’s too early in my day to make the right connection there.

via Janetter for Mac in reply to Secbuff

Only “thought leaders” use the word “pivot”.

via Janetter for Mac

RT @markparton: -5 degrees always looks divine at sunrise. This was in Tuggeranong. pic.twitter.com/n8spyU5WQh [Lovely.]

via Janetter for Mac in reply to markparton

Sun plan, draft: Plod through the backlog of certain tasks; Sunday lunch, Katoomba; shopping; plan the week ahead, with extreme prejudice.

via Janetter for Mac

Oops, sorry @RNSundayExtra, I forgot to tweet that tweet with the hashtag so there it is.

via Janetter for Mac

So, @RNSundayExtra, “esculators”? I see. [Walks away slowly, shaking head, phoning for an “ambliance”.]

via Janetter for Mac

@SnarkyPlatypus So do I. Two weeks ago at 0930 Sunday the apparent temperature in the upper Blue Mountains was -12C.

via Janetter for Mac in reply to SnarkyPlatypus

RT @jendudley: Even I am pretty sure this wouldn’t work. Pretty sure. instagram.com/p/qXcUX3qmQz/ [Try it. Try it. Try it.]

via Janetter for Mac in reply to jendudley

@SnarkyPlatypus Bonjour. Je suis ennuyé avec l’univers entier. Il doit être empêchée. Et vous?

via Janetter for Mac in reply to SnarkyPlatypus

There. Now to wait for the other one to do the same.

via Janetter for Mac

Well, I know what avatar I need to celebrate* this fact.

via Janetter for Mac

Sunday. The chill pervades your entire body. Your blood congeals. Your life force is ebbing. And God is laughing at you. Sunday.