March 31st, 2018

stilgherrian HEY YOU PEOPLE ESPECIALLY ADELAIDE PEOPLE LAST NIGHT I REMIXED THE PODCAST WELL I GOT A COMPUTER TO REMIX IT AND NO..twitter.com/i/web/status/9…eq

via TweetDeck (retweeted on 6:56 PM, Mar 31st, 2018 via Tweetbot for iΟS)

USFWS Sparky, the bison that survived a lightning strike in 2013, died this week.

He’ll be missed. In memory of Sparky,..twitter.com/i/web/status/9…VQ

via Twitter Web Client (retweeted on 5:36 PM, Mar 31st, 2018 via TweetDeck)

@RealNickHodge Actually no, you’ve found the full version. Cool.

@RealNickHodge I think I’ve seen this one, but ta! As you may know, I’ve personally patted the Nike-Hercules. pic.twitter.com/T3fFKeoH4C

via TweetDeck in reply to RealNickHodge

@JanDavisTas I’ve heard similar stories from various nooks and crannies of the sciences. Yum yum yum.

via TweetDeck in reply to JanDavisTas

@NewtonMark You’ll be pleased to know that the cloud base has now risen up here, probably good for a 500ft buzz of..twitter.com/i/web/status/9…rK

via TweetDeck in reply to NewtonMark

@NewtonMark Nah, sod livetweeting this. I’m getting some work done.

@NewtonMark Meanwhile, I’m assuming that VH-EQB is for the parachuting. pic.twitter.com/cchHoAk1zw

firstdogonmoon Do you know the difference between a “military grade spork” and a “tactical spork”? No you do not. This information..twitter.com/i/web/status/9…Ga

via Tweetbot for Mac (retweeted on 12:25 PM, Mar 31st, 2018 via TweetDeck)

I will now be an arsehat and livetweet @NewtonMark’s flight from YGLB to wherever he decides to go next. twitter.com/NewtonMark/sta…

@NewtonMark @CARROT_app I can read moist of it. CLD ON GND and BKN CU/SC is pretty obvious, as are the times. What..twitter.com/i/web/status/9…vx

@NewtonMark @CARROT_app Wow, peer group pressure to make me re-teach myself how to read those things. :)

via TweetDeck in reply to NewtonMark

@NewtonMark It’s stopped burning off up here too, back to how it was an hour ago. I blame @CARROT_app for this unpredictable cloud cover.

via TweetDeck in reply to NewtonMark

@NewtonMark So you did drop into YMIG? Looked for a bit you were descending into YGLB.

via TweetDeck in reply to NewtonMark

@JustJimWillDo @techoglot @NewtonMark @bunjaree It’s slowly burning off. Give it another hour and Mark could’ve don..twitter.com/i/web/status/9…NV

via TweetDeck in reply to JustJimWillDo

@NewtonMark @techoglot @bunjaree You can see from the angle of Mark’s wing where we are in that photo. pic.twitter.com/W8NRkNJiM4

@NewtonMark @techoglot @bunjaree Good thinking. It’s a long weekend but there’s no sightseeing helicopters at all.

via TweetDeck in reply to NewtonMark

@NewtonMark @techoglot @bunjaree Yeah, I have no way to measure the cloud base. It’s only just started to burn off,..twitter.com/i/web/status/9…Ln

via TweetDeck in reply to NewtonMark

@techoglot @NewtonMark @bunjaree So, @bunjaree is kinda inside a cloud right now. Stratus clouds at the top, cumulo..twitter.com/i/web/status/9…Js

via TweetDeck in reply to techoglot

@NewtonMark Sadly, it’s still clouded over here at @bunjaree, so we won’t see @NewtonMark fly overhead. I’ll pop ou..twitter.com/i/web/status/9…km

@NewtonMark It strikes me that the current climb rate through 5500ft of more than 800fpm is quite adequate.

abccanberra Pinot noir loving kangaroos tear through vineyard, costing $80,000 ab.co/2GpShW2 pic.twitter.com/5OXlI80mNl

via TweetDeck (retweeted on 10:34 AM, Mar 31st, 2018 via TweetDeck)

@NewtonMark But I can see that you’re about to take off, so I’ll go look at the radar now.

@NewtonMark Thanks, Mark. You’ve reminded me that I’ve forgotten how to read a flight plan, or at least most of it…twitter.com/i/web/status/9…Oi

via TweetDeck in reply to NewtonMark

@ArmsControlWonk I have the distinct feeling that this @ArmsControlWonk podcast was recorded before the Kim-Xi defi..twitter.com/i/web/status/9…Br

@t_mu @CARROT_app That’s certainly very Brit.

via TweetDeck in reply to t_mu

Pinboard This sounds like a prog rock album, and I would love to see the cover art for it: twitter.com/tqbf/status/97…

via Twitter Web Client (retweeted on 10:06 AM, Mar 31st, 2018 via TweetDeck)

Listening to the latest @ArmsControlWonk podcast “KCN-eh? March’s Other North Korean Developments”..twitter.com/i/web/status/9…lr

Sat plan, supplemental: Some will doubtless say that I’m not long weekending right, but finishing a few lingering t..twitter.com/i/web/status/9…pd

Sat plan, draft: Slow start with big breakfast (in progress); continue to catch up on podcast listening; a few geek..twitter.com/i/web/status/9…hj

@NewtonMark @CARROT_app I’ll keep an eye out for you on @flightradar24, though I don’t see a flight plan yet. ;)

via TweetDeck in reply to NewtonMark

As usual, @CARROT_app has pinpointed a key truth in my life. Also, it looks like it’s an indoor lazy Saturday for m..twitter.com/i/web/status/9…M2

via Twitter for iPhone

SatPaper Dutton’s Home Office faces allegations of cancelling visas “as a punitive and social control response against certa..twitter.com/i/web/status/9…qF

via Hootsuite (retweeted on 8:57 AM, Mar 31st, 2018 via Tweetbot for iΟS)

@semibogan @jamesrbuk Yep. I encountered Chomsky’s work in both computing science (transformational grammars are st..twitter.com/i/web/status/9…5j

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to semibogan

@semibogan @jamesrbuk I’m explaining this very badly because it’s early on a lazy Saturday and I lack both coffee and underpants right now.

@semibogan @jamesrbuk Good call. I’m wondering if there’s a cycle here. Figures who become prominent with their ini..twitter.com/i/web/status/9…Ah

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to semibogan

I think I used to live in this share house. twitter.com/realscientists…

adam_tooze We are not alone! Striking Nazi poster pointing out that its eugenic legislation followed in footsteps of much of t..twitter.com/i/web/status/9…oZ

via TweetDeck (retweeted on 8:39 AM, Mar 31st, 2018 via Tweetbot for iΟS)

pwnallthethings Major lack of appreciation in the privacy/tech community that they *lost* the crypto wars against the FBI in 2016 a..twitter.com/i/web/status/9…vM

via Twitter for Android (retweeted on 8:37 AM, Mar 31st, 2018 via Tweetbot for iΟS)

pwnallthethings I get it. It’s a business decision. But you can’t take the moral high ground at the same time.

pwnallthethings CEO of company that removed VPNs and various end-to-end encrypted messaging apps to help Chinese authorities bulk-s..twitter.com/i/web/status/9…nx

@corduroy @peterwells @kcarruthers I didn’t think we got that many Mexicans up here.

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to corduroy

dj2mn Has anyone got an MC202? I found something you might be interested in. pic.twitter.com/hq5JYpzgwt

via Tweetbot for iΟS (retweeted on 8:33 AM, Mar 31st, 2018 via Tweetbot for iΟS)

@peterwells @corduroy @kcarruthers The thing about threaded tweets is that you can read the replies before adding y..twitter.com/i/web/status/9…Qu

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to peterwells

@peterwells @corduroy @kcarruthers I am disappointed that no one seems to be reading the very next tweets in the th..twitter.com/i/web/status/9…tv

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to peterwells

Saturday. The tubes are connected to form a vast coil, filled with a slippery fluid. Saturday.