July 8th, 2018

ICYMI earlier this evening, I finally posted this podcast with @JohnBirmingham. twitter.com/stilgherrian/s…

New blog post: “Weekly Wrap 423: Beyond the winter fog” stilgherrian.com/weekly-wrap/42… Covers 2–8 Julypic.twitter.com/CBe6C7Iq9j9j

denhamsadler I will also deliver more but only for aioli. pic.twitter.com/VYKHZLHHwv

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 9:48 PM, Jul 8th, 2018 via TweetDeck)

pjmboothang Yall my friend was just tryna take a pic with her ice cream but something about it looked too familiar sdjkjjsj 💀💀 pic.twitter.com/RRoe8B2IZ9

via Twitter for Android (retweeted on 9:39 PM, Jul 8th, 2018 via TweetDeck)

@jonoabroad I hope you enjoy it. It’s another of those conversations that jumps all over the place.

via TweetDeck in reply to jonoabroad

@JohnBirmingham Hmmm. I might remix that podcast at some point. The automated tools didn’t quite manage to catch th..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…Hs

New podcast: “The 9pm Probe: John Birmingham (@JohnBirmingham), author and columnist” stilgherrian.com/edict/00077/ It’s..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…2m

Another excellent* bit of illustration for @ashabeeeee @dobes @rohan_p @davidgerard to love and cherish. pic.twitter.com/rFbPhGl3uc

@aggerchez There’s a severe lack of bronies there.

via TweetDeck in reply to aggerchez

@JohnBirmingham That’s the rough edit done. Still to come: Write and record the intro and outro; mix and package th..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…yX

paulwiggins New paper-thin selfie tech spotted in the wild. pic.twitter.com/cihtnCoEUp

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 5:22 PM, Jul 8th, 2018 via TweetDeck)

@PeteLawler @NewtonMark This is odd for a great many reasons, not the least of which is that I can’t drive.

via TweetDeck in reply to PeteLawler

@JohnBirmingham Right, let’s get this podcast editing done.

Unexpected nap was unexpected.

TheKouk Meanwhile Labor are ahead or equal with the Liberal Party in betting markets in the four seats Labor hold and the C..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…z0

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 12:18 PM, Jul 8th, 2018 via TweetDeck)

DavidPriess For anyone who dares complain about “how long the Mueller investigation is taking,” I again offer this chart.

[..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…6f

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 11:56 AM, Jul 8th, 2018 via TweetDeck)

Ryan_Treadwell I…. I hope I don’t get it? pic.twitter.com/LOj2N2iuUC

via Twitter for Android (retweeted on 11:53 AM, Jul 8th, 2018 via TweetDeck)

@JohnBirmingham So I should get the @JohnBirmingham podcast online tonight some time, and I’m hoping to get a “regu..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…28

Sun plan: Sausages; edit, mix, and post that podcast with @JohnBirmingham, finally; consider the possibilities for next week; Weekly Wrap.

Sunday. The boat will be small enough this time. Sunday.

More broadly, sex with dead criminals in general is probably wrong.

That said, I suppose that having a wank over someone who’s been dead for more than 100 years is a bit wrong, eh.

Just quietly, the correct term is that he was “hanged”. If he was “hung” then I’ll spend a bit longer looking at hi..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…VI

Oh great. It turns out that tonight is both windier and colder than last night. pic.twitter.com/BTIhYSACt6

@DavidFeng Also 1999 was nearly 20 years ago and doesn’t count any more.

@DavidFeng Oh stop talking rubbish. I know that’s not the real reason.

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to DavidFeng

@DavidFeng Oh suddenly you’re English, eh? You fraud.

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to DavidFeng

Well, Scotland has Trident, if you want to be accurate about it.

Sure, but England has Trident.

@NicholasFryer @CIA Next time I’m chatting with CIA folks I’ll see what I can organise.

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to NicholasFryer

When you stop to think about it, it’s a daft game.

JoeDeLullo @togawamercer @benjaminwittes @VirtualTal I’ve been making my own iPhones for years now. Sourcing the cobalt is the..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…9y

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 1:30 AM, Jul 8th, 2018 via Tweetbot for iΟS)

@wolfcat I have not watched these movies, so I assume I’m fucked.

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to wolfcat

@NewtonMark Thanks, Mark. I wonder if these AIs just detect whether you’re horny or not.

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to NewtonMark

alanblinder This was the arrest warrant for Rosa Parks. A courthouse intern found it — and other parts of what officials belie..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…BD

via Twitter Web Client (retweeted on 12:29 AM, Jul 8th, 2018 via Tweetbot for iΟS)

Unless, of course, if you’re DPRK, in which case it’s a quiet smirk and chuckle. @ArmsControlWonk

Just quietly, because @Herring1967 keeps talking about it, and because @markhumphries is going to present the Austr..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…dk