October 9th, 2018

@PointlessAU @SnarkyPlatypus In episode 53, I would like to raise an issue regarding the category “Pointless Ed She..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…nD

I’ve only just realised that @EtihadAirways’ sleep masks are double-sided and have instructions on them pic.twitter.com/N34P1Nk75f

@developerjack I do quite like it, and I’ve taken similar pictures before.

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to developerjack

ellinghausen Ducks at the High Court of Australia pic.twitter.com/Caa1SsjvFS

via Twitter Web Client (retweeted on 10:48 PM, Oct 9th, 2018 via Tweetbot for iΟS)

Catching up on last week’s episodes of @PointlessAU and judging the contestants.

@JustJimWillDo @PeteLawler Not at prices I can afford, or my clothing is worth.

via TweetDeck in reply to JustJimWillDo

@whatisdelicious Why the… what the… I mean.. wha… [head explodes]

via TweetDeck in reply to whatisdelicious

davidgerard Blockchain: Why Magic (Probably) Doesn’t Happen — How to sell a hash tree as a tech revolution — Royal Holloway, Thtwitter.com/i/web/status/1…hC0E

via Twitter Web Client (retweeted on 9:46 PM, Oct 9th, 2018 via Tweetbot for iΟS)

RustyBertrand Meanwhile, in Iceland. pic.twitter.com/oiDpYUOGy7

via Twitter Web Client (retweeted on 9:45 PM, Oct 9th, 2018 via Tweetbot for iΟS)

This is some 9-dimensional chess right here. twitter.com/RT_com/status/…

MarkDiStef Nearly 4,000 comments. pic.twitter.com/g0su9OyQlN

via TweetDeck (retweeted on 9:42 PM, Oct 9th, 2018 via Tweetbot for iΟS)

JoshButler People are now chanting “worst Vivid ever” which is the best one I’ve heard all night

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 9:35 PM, Oct 9th, 2018 via Tweetbot for iΟS)

nils_gilman Marc Benioff is a living lesson in how a captain of industry can practice civic responsibility. He also shows that..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…13

@phroghollow There is of course A Person With A Book but her initial story is interesting. freerangekids.com/faq/

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to phroghollow

@phroghollow We’re on the same page there! Have you heard of the “Free Range Kids” push?

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to phroghollow

techniktagebuch “This illustration from an early word processing manual sought to reassure anxious authors that their prose was sti..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…ld

via TweetDeck (retweeted on 9:20 PM, Oct 9th, 2018 via Tweetbot for iΟS)

@oberonsghost That’s just a trick of perspective and framing.

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to oberonsghost

RichardTuffin Hey @Chris_Jory.

It looks like you deleted your tweet but it’s OK.

I got a screenshot for you!

I’ll ask all my..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…NO

via Twitter Web Client (retweeted on 9:18 PM, Oct 9th, 2018 via Tweetbot for iΟS)

@phroghollow That’s OK. We both have knees, I guess, and that use case, to be overly formal about it, is indeed a g..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…gV

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to phroghollow

@phroghollow True enough. I was talking with someone about that earlier. I committed the crime of reacting to a hea..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…aY

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to phroghollow

@gnoll110 I’ve never seen it in colour before!

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to gnoll110

@gnoll110 Actually that’s closer, isn’t it.

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to gnoll110

@whatisdelicious This doesn’t surprise me. Everything about it has the air of a diesel truck built out of war surpl..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…bC

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to whatisdelicious

@jxeeno I will experiment later in the week. :) Right now I need a beer.

via TweetDeck in reply to jxeeno

@twiddlekins Well it most certainly does do that. I should do a proper video some time. Or someone should.

via TweetDeck in reply to twiddlekins

@JustJimWillDo I saw that. It could well have been that. Those folks get priority, as is right and proper.

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to JustJimWillDo

@munin I’m in Melbourne this week, so won’t be “home” for another week yet.

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to munin

@Rubenerd I’m guessing so. It’s very poor visibility out there.

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to Rubenerd

@JustJimWillDo Thanks. This going in loops thing has happened twice now.

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to JustJimWillDo

Tue plan, remainder, probably: Check into hotel; find some food and drink; organise the rest of the week, especiall..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…9S

@jeamland This is awesome and I think I have seen this before.

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to jeamland

@mrowe Mate, I just took a perfectly ordinary photo out of the plane window and this is what it is.

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to mrowe

I am officially back in The Australia.

About to start a descent into MEL. Losing internets shortly. See you in a bit.

@dobes @Techmeme @riskybusiness Cows have trouble holding the needles. Panelbeating is more their style.

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to dobes

kmac Ok here is the best headline about the 1.5C climate report: pic.twitter.com/ZK2lg3cbNf

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 6:05 PM, Oct 9th, 2018 via Tweetbot for iΟS)

@dobes @Techmeme @riskybusiness Mate, next you’ll be wanting cows to do embroidery.

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to dobes

Sarah_Hayward I love this. Trying to build a bridge on 1.5m tonnes of dumped munitions that aren’t mapped in any way somehow seem..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…B1

via Twitter for Android (retweeted on 5:58 PM, Oct 9th, 2018 via Tweetbot for iΟS)

@jeamland “Is that an onion in your pocket or…”

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to jeamland

SquigglyRick all these city kids never even interviewed a horse

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 5:41 PM, Oct 9th, 2018 via Tweetbot for iΟS)

@SnarkyPlatypus This is not true. We also make people live in concentration camps.

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to SnarkyPlatypus

The windows are now clear. So of course it’s 10/10 cloud cover down there.

@JustJimWillDo I’ve never been out in this part of the country so I try to see it when I’m flying this way.

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to JustJimWillDo

@_midofo_ I got a glimpse out of the unshaded window in a door while waiting for the bathroom. It looked magnificent.

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to _midofo_

Somewhat disappointed that I can’t see this wonderful view of Australia’s deserts because the window darkening is a..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…cU

@halfdrainedcup So many grey zone and edge cases, I know, but at least that’s actually about improving safety for t..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…LC

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to halfdrainedcup

@Ausdroid For true peace of mind, track your kids on the blockchain.

This kind of thing truly disgusts me. (No gripe with @Ausdroid for reporting its existence, except to say that impl..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…JW

No more skiving off from their 14-hour shifts in the coal mine or their daily instruction in fulfilling the balleri..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…b5

CliveFPalmer If we can use it we will. pic.twitter.com/4yQeQ9dQ5i

via Twitter Web Client (retweeted on 3:58 PM, Oct 9th, 2018 via Tweetbot for iΟS)

AdamBienkov Fantastic forensic demolition of Boris Johnson’s bridge to Northern Ireland from one former offshore engineer. pic.twitter.com/UhFJHx1l3n

via TweetDeck (retweeted on 3:57 PM, Oct 9th, 2018 via Tweetbot for iΟS)

Picketer “The Minister, who used to work in the mining sector, suggested the 91 scientists behind the IPCC report had got it..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…Ut

via Twitter for iPad (retweeted on 3:56 PM, Oct 9th, 2018 via Tweetbot for iΟS)

Oh good, we’ve caught a good tail wind. Current ground speed is 550 knots (1020 km/h) and we’re now only 28 minutes..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…9L

JohnJohnsonson BREAKING - ALAN JONES CALLS FOR HORSE RACING TO BE ADVERTISED ON LONDON TOILET BLOCKS

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 3:46 PM, Oct 9th, 2018 via Tweetbot for iΟS)

BOM_au now looks more likely than not this year (70% chance) while in the Indian Ocean a positive Indian Ocean Dip..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…To

via Twitter Web Client (retweeted on 3:26 PM, Oct 9th, 2018 via Tweetbot for iΟS)

OregonJOBS2 If she can return the cart so can you pic.twitter.com/pfg4eyFHIS

via Twitter for Android (retweeted on 3:23 PM, Oct 9th, 2018 via Tweetbot for iΟS)

@NickyWill100 Nope. I think it’s just an Airbus thing. The IFE seems the same between American Airlines and Etihad 787s.

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to NickyWill100

@SnarkyPlatypus Thank you. I can confirm that the politically aware Americans in DC wonder what the fuck we’re doing down here.

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to SnarkyPlatypus

Servicing the off-shore oil and gas platforms: How it is done. pic.twitter.com/AsQdlZTuyp

Approaching the Australian coast. Amused by the number of Fokker 100 jets and Agusta Westland long-range helicopter..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…Ud

@andrewfacini @NuclearAnthro Pffft! Like Trump is going to read even 3 pages! So we’re 100% safe.

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to andrewfacini

NewtonMark My favorite ad today on The Age’s website. pic.twitter.com/OGGjfQzcg2

via Tweetbot for Mac (retweeted on 2:57 PM, Oct 9th, 2018 via Tweetbot for iΟS)

intelwire First we take Google+

Then we take Twitter

via Twitter for Android (retweeted on 2:57 PM, Oct 9th, 2018 via Tweetbot for iΟS)

@deanhewson @GreenJ It certainly has its own flavours, and seems to have come out of live or fast-turnaround comedy and satire.

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to deanhewson

@deanhewson @GreenJ And, for that matter, between different sizes of teams, when jobs are split down to their sub-specialities.

@deanhewson @GreenJ There’s a lot of subtle differences between different kinds of folks, different kinds of TV, an..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…9D

@deanhewson This is already how it’s done, and has been for 50 years. :)

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to deanhewson

@deanhewson @GreenJ My views are influenced by having “producer” on my business cards for too many years in a row o..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…QP

@deanhewson Dead opposite in my broadcast experience. The producer is the person who makes the show, assembling tea..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…an

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to deanhewson

@deanhewson But “show runner” to me seems like a recent TV word (in AU, and also see “recency illusion”) for “produ..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…yj

@deanhewson I’m not sure what you’re referring to specifically here.

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to deanhewson

@deanhewson Terms vary between mediums, but EP is money, P is the maker of the thing (people, logistics, nuts and b..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…oZ

@deanhewson It’s been “producer” for years and years.

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to deanhewson

I just undid a retweet of tsunami video footage alleging to be from Indonesia, because it wasn’t. twitter.com/bigbadave/stat…

@juhasaarinen I seem to recall people have already noted some “unusual skills” on my LinkedIn.

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to juhasaarinen

@SnarkyPlatypus Sorry, yes, that’s what I meant by leadership.

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to SnarkyPlatypus

glengyron @dobes Q: Are you racist?
a: What do you mean by racist?

Get in the Hilux.

via Twitter for iPad (retweeted on 1:54 PM, Oct 9th, 2018 via Tweetbot for iΟS)

glengyron Surely it would be a lot easier to get the white racist Australians to move to regional areas?

via TweetDeck (retweeted on 1:54 PM, Oct 9th, 2018 via Tweetbot for iΟS)

@mattjhatton @glengyron I’ve been avoiding making an MH370 reference but here we are.

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to mattjhatton

@garystark Altitudes are in feet. Slots are 1000ft apart in the same direction.

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to garystark

@jonoabroad We and another aircraft just ahead and below were laying some awesome chemtrails over Iraq earlier.

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to jonoabroad

SydOperaHouse With our 45th birthday weekend around the corner, our CEO Louise Herron reflects on how we continue to strive to be..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…0e

via Media Studio (retweeted on 1:37 PM, Oct 9th, 2018 via Tweetbot for iΟS)

Hmmm. 37,650ft is a strange altitude, and we’re well south of others’ tracks. Dodging turbulence? Or finding a swee..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…0V

cashbonez In Queensland they have a kind of house called a “Queenslander” that sits up on stilts so that they can all live sl..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…7D

via Twitter Web Client (retweeted on 1:32 PM, Oct 9th, 2018 via Tweetbot for iΟS)

rorybaust so this guys is into threesomes and is using the whole movement to come out twitter.com/BritniDWrites/…

via Twitter Web Client (retweeted on 1:31 PM, Oct 9th, 2018 via Tweetbot for iΟS)

@SnarkyPlatypus A bit too interesting, perhaps. It certainly shows that to get a clear consensus a lot more hearts..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…L8

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to SnarkyPlatypus

Hey you know @roweafr’s cartoon of Alan Jones? Could that be turned into a range of jelly-putty toys?

This week’s Essential polling is out. essentialvision.com.au/wp-content/upl… (PDF)

Heck of a thing here re Trump’s cyber advisor from Bob Woodward’s book. pic.twitter.com/8fUHYGrXEU

@giddeygirl I have one on my phone. I’ll go digging during our next convenient break.

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to giddeygirl

SaysSmithy Now there’s an AFR angle! pic.twitter.com/1l3hDBCSAC

via Twitter for Android (retweeted on 1:03 PM, Oct 9th, 2018 via Tweetbot for iΟS)

GrogsGamut So the whole Opera House thing is really just a bullshit advert - it is not even the actual live drawing of the bar..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…e9

via TweetDeck (retweeted on 12:59 PM, Oct 9th, 2018 via Tweetbot for iΟS)

rgmerk Only if Middle Australia is defined as “everyone less wealthy than Malcolm Turnbull” twitter.com/dailytelegraph…

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 12:58 PM, Oct 9th, 2018 via Tweetbot for iΟS)

Tue plan: Continue shitposting from EY460 AUH-MEL, now arriving late at around 1900 AEDT; head to my hotel; collapse.

@jonoabroad They’re kinda busy just now because the sky is lumpy.

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to jonoabroad

beneltham Fact check: Australia is a part of the world. The IPCC report mentions Australia more than 30 times twitter.com/SkyNewsAust/st…

via TweetDeck (retweeted on 12:44 PM, Oct 9th, 2018 via Tweetbot for iΟS)

This is extremely quality sulphur-crested jerk bird content, even at 37,000 feet. twitter.com/dobes/status/1…

Greetings from somewhere north of the Cocos Keeling Islands, where I’ve dropped my glasses somewhere on the floor o..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…hH

Tuesday. They know already. Tuesday.

Transmitters off. Seriously you once we’re at cruising altitude.

It won’t change. This aircraft is all economy rows apart from a tiny handful of business berths. I so should have bid for one.

FFS PEOPLE THE SEATS IN EVERY PASSENGER AIRCRAFT ON THE ENTIRE PLANET ARE ROW NUMBERS FROM FRONT TO BACK AND SEAT L..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…kP

The view from 43A, though this may change. instagram.com/p/BorlHccBW1N/…

via Instagram

CBS6 Florida gas station owner’s microwave sign: ‘Do not warm urine’ bit.ly/2ODBPsK pic.twitter.com/VZBB6e6ARm

via trueAnthem (retweeted on 4:25 AM, Oct 9th, 2018 via Tweetbot for iΟS)

Pinboard I do applaud Google for their defense in depth. Having Google+ be a massive failure protected billions of people fr..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…rx

via Twitter Web Client (retweeted on 4:08 AM, Oct 9th, 2018 via TweetDeck)

I must admit, I don’t have a Wikipedia page… ;pic.twitter.com/ldp9VKgRGEGE

I must admit, I don’t have a WikiPedia page… ;pic.twitter.com/2c1mSa7gGbGb

via OS X

@wgcullen @johnb78 @simonhackett Only if he doesn’t care whether he arrives or not.

via TweetDeck in reply to wgcullen

@bolambert65 And I appreciate you and especially John sharing your stories. He had a big day. Meanwhile, I was way dusty the next morning.

@JonoH @EtihadPremium @EtihadAirways I saw some of that as we came down the gulf, around about off Kuwait. Only jus..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…V7

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to JonoH

@bolambert65 It’s 8pm where I am now, and I’ll pour myself into a hotel on arrival in Melbourne because it’s anothe..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…GN

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to bolambert65

@JonoH @EtihadPremium @EtihadAirways I’m just having Bombay Sapphire for the moment but since it’s a late night fli..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…JR

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to JonoH

@bolambert65 Hah! Hi, Bo, I just got your email. Having a few drinks before contining on to Melbourne.

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to bolambert65

davidfolkenflik Fox Corp names Hope Hicks EVP for Communications - Lachlan builds more ties to Trumpworld. Dem named top lobbyist.

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 2:46 AM, Oct 9th, 2018 via Tweetbot for iΟS)

@JonoH @EtihadPremium @EtihadAirways My AUH-MEL leg is from gate 38. On the way here I should have done a bid for a..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…L6

@JonoH @EtihadPremium @EtihadAirways There one in T3 near gates 57 to 61 (nut not in the US zone).

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to JonoH

@JonoH @EtihadPremium Lol I was just in @EtihadAirways but I’m now in the lounge because I have a couple of hours.

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to JonoH

@_midofo_ Through Iran, or even further north?

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to _midofo_

Trucking down Iraq in the left-hand lane. pic.twitter.com/JBWfnDFUNU