April 2nd, 2020

Look it’s almost midnight and all you people are cunts so I might go away now.

@qednet He does seem to be quite… flexible.

via TweetDeck in reply to qednet

@WarWraith @ScientificTroy Sure, but where to start? There were SO MANY of these books.

via TweetDeck in reply to WarWraith

@PeteLawler @ARationalFear Mate, @danilic and his crew, while I love their work, are mere children.

via TweetDeck in reply to PeteLawler

@ScientificTroy @WarWraith Hahaha yeah it’s all cool. Mr Livingstone and I are amused that this has all been lost t..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…9q

via TweetDeck in reply to ScientificTroy

fabrice_deprez ’s political elite has been badly hit by the coronavirus epidemic. Ukrainian outlet NV traces back the orig..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…mt

via Twitter Web App (retweeted on 11:34 PM, Apr 2nd, 2020 via TweetDeck)

@franksting @rwerkh Apparently so. And isn’t it fun* being part of a once in a century thing.

via TweetDeck in reply to franksting

This was all in the pre-digital era so we can’s just search for it. Like, it was the 1980s. And I was a swamp monst..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…TO

I am proud to have been a monster in one of the Fighting Fantasy gamebooks. But if someone can find the one where a..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…6g

bodyposipanda_ LIFE HACK: when someone says they’re struggling right now you do not have to point out that other people have it worse.

via Twitter for Android (retweeted on 11:26 PM, Apr 2nd, 2020 via TweetDeck)

hellohistoria It was formerly customary in Wales for the head of the household to tell the bees whenever a death took place in th..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…Bo

via Twitter for Android (retweeted on 11:25 PM, Apr 2nd, 2020 via TweetDeck)

REMINDER: We are so fucked.

@franksting Is Cupertino in Arizona? Maybe not.

via TweetDeck in reply to franksting

@spottytwit Sure, but I really don’t care. :)

via TweetDeck in reply to spottytwit

@yaycee Mate it’s after 11pm here. And I have no whisky. Talisker is a good choice though.

via TweetDeck in reply to yaycee

@spottytwit Not at all. I am basically lazy.

via TweetDeck in reply to spottytwit

@franksting @oberonsghost But I think we’re overthinking this. Fuck your work colleagues, as long as you’re one not..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…rQ

@franksting @oberonsghost I just tell people to work closer to the mic so any reflections or ambient sound are less..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…bu

@franksting @oberonsghost Not really. But you can turn the screen to an angle so any reflections of your voice go out sideways.

via TweetDeck in reply to franksting

@yaycee Hah! I will have one more gin and then collapse.

via TweetDeck in reply to yaycee

@manindotblack @duckbytheoboe I’ve never worked with PZM so I have no idea.

via TweetDeck in reply to manindotblack

@yaycee Correct. :) There’s a lot of inexpensive one- and two-channel audio interfaces, but I am now past 11am and..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…hd

via TweetDeck in reply to yaycee

@yaycee Basically the H6n has six analog inputs, and presents on the computer as a six-channel digital device.

@yaycee I have a Zoom H6n as the analog-digital converter (and other tasks). zoom.co.jp/products/field…

via TweetDeck in reply to yaycee

gths a solitary town crier walks down the middle of the street, ringing a bill and shouting MARKET FAILURE! MARKET FAILURE!

via Twitter Web App (retweeted on 10:53 PM, Apr 2nd, 2020 via TweetDeck)

stilgherrian Steps. twitter.com/IL0VEthe80s/st…

via TweetDeck (retweeted on 10:51 PM, Apr 2nd, 2020 via TweetDeck)

chaser Public unable to decide whether free childcares were lobbied for by Dutton to support his investments, or Barnaby J..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…xk

via Twitter Web App (retweeted on 10:50 PM, Apr 2nd, 2020 via TweetDeck)

Apropos of nothing, it’s worth noting that the late great Graham Chapman of Monty Python fame was at the time of fi..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…0r

@franksting @oberonsghost Mind you, the biggest sound reflection problem is off that big flat Mac screen in front of him.

via TweetDeck in reply to franksting

@Pollytics You’re doing the Lord’s work.

via TweetDeck in reply to Pollytics

Should I have another gin?

meenaharris In case you’ve lost track, today is THURSDAY.

via Twitter Web App (retweeted on 10:36 PM, Apr 2nd, 2020 via TweetDeck)

@oberonsghost I’ve broadcast and podcast from some very odd locations over the years.

mojowordz socks don’t care if they’re odd

via Twitter for Android (retweeted on 10:35 PM, Apr 2nd, 2020 via TweetDeck)

@oberonsghost Indeed. I can’t make out what mic he has there but that’s irrelevant. Find a quiet spot, minimise and..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…x6

via TweetDeck in reply to oberonsghost

Rainmaker1973 This is what a baby swordfish looks like on a top of a fingertip bit.ly/1VRIwkw pic.twitter.com/klJGp6hrc2

via Hootsuite Inc. (retweeted on 10:27 PM, Apr 2nd, 2020 via TweetDeck)

@nnwakelam Yep, that’s how it goes. I know you have the strength for this one, though. And that’s not a platitude…twitter.com/i/web/status/1…Bs

via TweetDeck in reply to nnwakelam

[Checks email.] Oh good, the British Heart Foundation has another £2 million for me. I’m rolling in it!

@JennaPrice @rynobi I disagree with all this “too soon” stuff. For many of us, dark humour is exactly how we deal with it.

via TweetDeck in reply to JennaPrice

@nnwakelam Good choice. But it’s fuckin’ tough eh.

via TweetDeck in reply to nnwakelam

@Pollytics @R_Chirgwin Yep. And a big shout-out to @SoundDevicesAus in Parramatta for asking what I wanted the mics..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…PW

via TweetDeck in reply to Pollytics

rynobi This could have all been avoided if the Spanish flu had done a thorough job of it.

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 10:17 PM, Apr 2nd, 2020 via TweetDeck)

@manindotblack Everyone hates their own recorded voice when they first hear it. Chill.

via TweetDeck in reply to manindotblack

@nnwakelam Fuck. Sorry to hear. Please take time to take care of yourself mentally.

via TweetDeck in reply to nnwakelam

@jodiem @garthk @Pollytics Plantronics and Logitech are just fine. I’ve never used any of these new “podcasting mic..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…qr

via TweetDeck in reply to jodiem

@manindotblack No, you’re exactly right. Something like a recent iPhone has 3 mics and fancy noise-cancelling softw..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…lY

via TweetDeck in reply to manindotblack

@Pollytics @R_Chirgwin Agreed with all of that. Again, I ran some OBs with SM58s. But for the podcast, the Sennheis..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…X5

via TweetDeck in reply to Pollytics

@duckbytheoboe Yep. My tutor was an ex-Nine audio director from the 1950s and 1960s. “First,” he said, “imagine you..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…Cr

via TweetDeck in reply to duckbytheoboe

I’ve ranted about this before, sorry, but it’s a mistake to think that quality comes from having expensive equipmen..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…vy

Yes! There’s a reason the EV 635A has been a standard TV news presenter location mic for decades. I’ve presented li..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…cF

Here’s the rig for one of my livestreamed podcast recordings. The bowl of nuts was the most critical component. pic.twitter.com/M6dCWKQk0T

If you can’t compose a decent photo with whatever mobile phone you have, then all a more expensive camera will do i..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…AX

Other brands have equivalent models. The Shure SM58 is the obvious one. But what the @Pollytics marsupial says is t..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…da

I have a bunch of Sennheiser Evolution e835 microphones. You can probably get them for AUD 100 or less. They’re ind..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…9T

And to add to that, no microphone on the planet will make your shit voice sound like a not-shit voice. If you want..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…3F

@iMusing @theMickMorris Indeed. As a person educated in an old-school way, I’m conscious that my education was a bit wrong. :(

via TweetDeck in reply to iMusing

@garthk @Pollytics For videoconferencing you don’t need to spend more than $120. Get a good headset mic from Plantronics or someone.

via TweetDeck in reply to garthk

Australia is rapidly rediscovering that it’s a federation of random colonies. twitter.com/AnnastaciaMP/s…

@GeorgeHemingto1 @acidic That’s a point. And that’s only piqued my curiosity even more.

via TweetDeck in reply to GeorgeHemingto1

@franksting @onlmaps “Ever” you say? Maybe when the asteroid arrives?

via TweetDeck in reply to franksting

onlmaps Only islands smaller than Australia. dlvr.it/RT1vdM pic.twitter.com/WTwLqpudrH

via dlvr.it (retweeted on 9:16 PM, Apr 2nd, 2020 via TweetDeck)

PulpLibrarian No. No there isn’t. Stop saying that… pic.twitter.com/1PSPA9wwRM

via Twitter for Android (retweeted on 9:15 PM, Apr 2nd, 2020 via TweetDeck)

pointlesslettrs Peak Daily Mail: “We need to get away from the notion we all deserve to be supported.” pic.twitter.com/vOm7HgjJiJ

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 9:15 PM, Apr 2nd, 2020 via TweetDeck)

@expectproblems Extroverts are suffering right now, and I have to consciously suppress my schadenfreude. Sorry.

via TweetDeck in reply to expectproblems

@GeorgeHemingto1 @acidic I am way across boiler explosions, because I am definitely not a train geek obviously. But..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…LQ

via TweetDeck in reply to GeorgeHemingto1

@acidic There’s a story behind this law, obviously. (I also follow @CrimeADay but was only now checking my fun feeds.)

via TweetDeck in reply to acidic

That thing where you draft an email to send in the morning, with “MORE HERE” where you intend to add some more spec..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…cm

CrimeADay 21 USC §§331, 333 & 21 CFR §155.170(b)(1)(iii)-(3) make it a federal crime to sell canned peas that are more than 1..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…p1

via Twitter Web App (retweeted on 8:43 PM, Apr 2nd, 2020 via Twitter Web App)

CrimeADay 16 USC §707 & 50 CFR §21.29(f)(14)(ii)(C) make it a federal crime for a foreign falconer to practice falconry in th..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…Tm

via Twitter Web App (retweeted on 8:43 PM, Apr 2nd, 2020 via Twitter Web App)

Histreepix The Statue of Liberty begins its ascent from Hell. Liberty Island, New York, 1885 pic.twitter.com/uCOAPr4mXl

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 8:41 PM, Apr 2nd, 2020 via TweetDeck)

ben_hr For example: “”For those who are unemployed, it’s a time to take stock and say ‘Actually, I could be doing some stu..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…1O

via Twitter Web App (retweeted on 8:22 PM, Apr 2nd, 2020 via TweetDeck)

ben_hr I’m worried that people professing to be experts in “resilience” have not the slightest idea about the lived experi..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…wp

via Twitter Web App (retweeted on 8:22 PM, Apr 2nd, 2020 via TweetDeck)

Nick_Stevens_Gr Modern meteorology was born 60 years ago today
TIROS-1, was the nation’s first weather satellite.
arstechnica.com/?post_type=pos…

via Twitter Web Client (retweeted on 8:21 PM, Apr 2nd, 2020 via TweetDeck)

@errolwi Yep, the well-oiled machine of global trade has hit an obstacle. I think it’ll be interesting if people start reassessing JIT.

via TweetDeck in reply to errolwi

@acidic Maybe. Either way, the railways were the lifeline of the economy. You don’t fuck with Progress.

via TweetDeck in reply to acidic

walkleys Entries close April 26 for $110,000 in grants to fund public interest journalism on Asia, the Pacific islands regio..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…HV

via Sprout Social (retweeted on 8:16 PM, Apr 2nd, 2020 via TweetDeck)

@acidic I’d be interested to know if that law goes back to just after the American Civil War, when Native Americans..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…lB

via TweetDeck in reply to acidic

acidic the wildest part of this story is that there’s an offence for ‘train wrecking’ twitter.com/HuffPostAU/sta…

via Twitter Web App (retweeted on 8:14 PM, Apr 2nd, 2020 via TweetDeck)

SWOPnsw SWOP urges all sex workers who fit the eligibility criterias for income support payments to at least register an in..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…T9

via Hootsuite Inc. (retweeted on 8:13 PM, Apr 2nd, 2020 via TweetDeck)

atrupar Trump bragging about economic numbers as they stood a month ago is like a high school football player still talking..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…nk

via Twitter Web Client (retweeted on 8:13 PM, Apr 2nd, 2020 via TweetDeck)

atrupar TRUMP: “Did you know I was number one on Facebook? I just found out I’m number one on Facebook.” (Trump has 29 mill..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…ba

via Twitter Web Client (retweeted on 8:12 PM, Apr 2nd, 2020 via TweetDeck)

@errolwi Thanks, Errol. All this supply chain stuff fascinates me.

via TweetDeck in reply to errolwi

lexilegs99 I think I’ve found my favourite tiktok @JuliaGillard pic.twitter.com/cbHtTjAtwo

via Twitter for Android (retweeted on 8:11 PM, Apr 2nd, 2020 via TweetDeck)

“Possible Transmission of Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome Coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2) in a Public Bath Center in H..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…cT

@developerjack I would never lie about a thing like this.

via TweetDeck in reply to developerjack

@mrowe @joneaves The guy who handled their social media presence has moved on, alas, but yes Goatfest Tasmania is i..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…a3

via TweetDeck in reply to mrowe

“AI-powered tool predicts serious disease three months before official announcement” algorithm.data61.csiro.au/ai-powered-too… Some C..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…fP

@joneaves @mrowe Yes, me too. And I did enjoy me time at Goatfest Tasmania in Launceston. I’d like to go again some time.

via TweetDeck in reply to joneaves

@joneaves @mrowe On this topic, some years back I happened to be visiting Adelaide Zoo during the holidays, so ther..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…OV

AnnaKnatchbull @CCriadoPerez Keepers at London Zoo are having to take turns at the petting area as the pigmy goats are missing their children visitors.

via Twitter Web App (retweeted on 7:52 PM, Apr 2nd, 2020 via TweetDeck)

God you people retweet some shit.

Beluga thinks, “How the fuck can I get to that tasty penguin?” twitter.com/Independent/st…

via Twitter Web App

If you didn’t know that, well, you can always listen to them.

Hey Kids, you know how I’ve been doing these irregular and quite terrible podcasts about The Times We Are In? I’m r..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…1x

It’d missed this, which is a shame because it’s magical. Ping @SnarkyPlatypus. twitter.com/GreenJ/status/…

7NewsSC This customer was spotted at Tewantin’s @woolworths. 7NEWS.com.au/coronavirus pic.twitter.com/O9Cs8PmK6r

via TweetDeck (retweeted on 7:39 PM, Apr 2nd, 2020 via TweetDeck)

@alexkidman @R_Chirgwin I’ve never been out in the sun that long before!

via TweetDeck in reply to alexkidman

NewtonMark “Good news, everybody! You can go through the biggest financial shock in a century, and then you can take two weeks..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…1j

via Tweetbot for iΟS (retweeted on 7:30 PM, Apr 2nd, 2020 via TweetDeck)

@R_Chirgwin Yes. Yes you are. Perhaps a little… too happy.

via TweetDeck in reply to R_Chirgwin

nickpmclaren Another day and another Illawarra beach with locals telling visitors to go back where they came from. pic.twitter.com/rqVjsnMPjo

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 7:25 PM, Apr 2nd, 2020 via TweetDeck)

DuchessFrida Good to see that Fox News opinionista Laura Ingraham received a response re her demand ….

Thanks to..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…u8

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 7:25 PM, Apr 2nd, 2020 via TweetDeck)

FXMC1957 PHOTO OF THE DAY: A young Bill Clinton meets President John F Kennedy (1963). pic.twitter.com/lc1DTQYoUm

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 7:24 PM, Apr 2nd, 2020 via TweetDeck)

Hey @R_Chirgwin, if I don’t forget, on the weekend I’ll be hunting for a log or stump to stick a bird food plate on..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…jj

@BruceSmithAUS @FXMC1957 It’s a magic thing called “self-governing British Overseas Territory”. en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Falkland_…

via TweetDeck in reply to BruceSmithAUS

@3wombats I have body aches anyway. I’m getting old. :)

via TweetDeck in reply to 3wombats

@HHackenbecker I’m good with it. We get to know the birds here at @bunjaree very well. There’s a clan of crimson r..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…CW

via TweetDeck in reply to HHackenbecker

FXMC1957 2 April 1982. Argentina invaded the British-controlled Falkland Islands. It led to war between the two nations. pic.twitter.com/xcIQzc4jA9

via Hootsuite Inc. (retweeted on 6:55 PM, Apr 2nd, 2020 via TweetDeck)

36.7C. Usually I’m about a degree lower as measured under my tongue, but I got the flu shot today so that’s that. A..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…EX

JiayangFan “Gomez allegedly stabbed the three because he thought ‘the family was Chinese, and infecting people with the corona..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…En

via Twitter Web Client (retweeted on 6:48 PM, Apr 2nd, 2020 via TweetDeck)

CPtraveller This seems a bit more effective than relying on the local gossips in Portsea. twitter.com/ghimlay/status…

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 6:46 PM, Apr 2nd, 2020 via TweetDeck)

@jonoabroad @19bk69 The ship is refuelling and victualling prior to leaving and going… somewhere… with its crew..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…WI

via TweetDeck in reply to jonoabroad

Histreepix The Village People at their funeral. 1975. pic.twitter.com/HVC4R8IJ2Q

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 6:26 PM, Apr 2nd, 2020 via Twitter Web App)

ratmobbs i hate this pandemic if i wanted to waste my early 20s i would have gotten married

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 6:26 PM, Apr 2nd, 2020 via TweetDeck)

Pinboard YCombinator (Paul Graham’s baby) funded a medical debt collection startup. There’s a picture of the founders where..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…Ub

via Twitter Web App (retweeted on 6:07 PM, Apr 2nd, 2020 via TweetDeck)

andishehnouraee A stunning admission of deadly ignorance from Georgia Gov. Brian Kemp, who says he only just learned that asymptoma..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…Xs

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 5:42 PM, Apr 2nd, 2020 via TweetDeck)

Ben_Domensino Wow. We haven’t seen a rainfall outlook like this for some time. Details here: bom.gov.au/climate/outloo… pic.twitter.com/AEVHVjgDj0

via TweetDeck (retweeted on 5:41 PM, Apr 2nd, 2020 via TweetDeck)

Ah yes, @SnarkyPlatypus. “Libération, popularly known as Libé, is a daily newspaper in France, founded in Paris by..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…J2

@ApostrophePong It must be very strange there right now.

via TweetDeck in reply to ApostrophePong

Remind me again when we get the gay luxury communist spaceships?

@dobes They tried this once before, and then realised they don’t have a toilet paper factory.

via TweetDeck in reply to dobes

kaflurbaleen oh no, the virus has spread to Null Island!

the big dot off the west coast
it’s not a real place
it’s a digital m..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…Im

via Twitter Web App (retweeted on 5:26 PM, Apr 2nd, 2020 via TweetDeck)

@johnthelutheran @LapTop006 To be fair, Dr Kaczynski did make some solid points.

via TweetDeck in reply to johnthelutheran

jburnmurdoch NEW: Wed 1 April update of coronavirus trajectories

First, daily new cases (rather than yesterday’s weekly version..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…hl

via Twitter Web App (retweeted on 5:16 PM, Apr 2nd, 2020 via TweetDeck)

gths Stupid that a deadly virus has catalysed more labour reform than smoothbrained centrists have done in decades

via Tweetbot for iΟS (retweeted on 5:15 PM, Apr 2nd, 2020 via TweetDeck)

“‘The Campaign Panicked’: Inside Trump’s Decision to Back Off of His Easter Coronavirus Miracle” vanityfair.com/news/2020/04/i…

tobiasziegler Auto-tweeting systems - not always the best approach pic.twitter.com/XO2PWVK6hC

via TweetDeck (retweeted on 5:09 PM, Apr 2nd, 2020 via TweetDeck)

“Bitdefender reveals Mandrake spyware targeting Aussie Android-users” by @ashabeeeee zdnet.com/article/bitdef…

I think @dobes and @NewtonMark and @jeamland would agree that this was quite an achievement.

Via a friend: “If you’re feeling down about our current situation, remember that mathematician Theodore Kaczynski c..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…eU

So you put the kids in the scale then, and a-weigh they go? twitter.com/samanthamaiden…

@GordyPls Probably not. Very few people in grade 3 have children.

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to GordyPls

@AliaK I think we’ll be fine with that, somewhere within this 12 hectare area. :) pic.twitter.com/82LdSdtOqE

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to AliaK

Speaking of jerkbirds, I have decided to spoil the little fuckers that pass by my window. I just need to figure out..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…Qy

Still to come: JobFondler, JobSucker, etc. twitter.com/AndrewBrownAU/…

Oh I’m sure this would never happen. Home Affairs is the best-run and best-Ministerised department in the Commonwea..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…Ti

@lmao_Yah @SenatorHume I think you’ve missed the point. The numbers are fine, but there’s no need to boast about “c..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…Yj

via TweetDeck in reply to lmao_Yah

@GordyPls @NewtonMark @SnarkyPlatypus See immediately preceding tweets and links. :)

via TweetDeck in reply to GordyPls

@SaysElizabeth @SnarkyPlatypus Indeed. Give it the spurt it so desperately needs.

via TweetDeck in reply to SaysElizabeth

@purserj @NuclearAnthro We are huge fans. We are constantly impressed by their jerkbird nature. But they are all jerks.

via TweetDeck in reply to purserj

TWUAus BREAKING: @Qantas is being investigated by @SafeWork_NSW over the standing down of an aircraft cleaner who raised..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…AT

via Twitter Web App (retweeted on 2:37 PM, Apr 2nd, 2020 via TweetDeck)

jonkudelka What if, despite all you scoffers, NRL Island happens and it turns out that weeing in your own mouth is the cure? Y..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…4a

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 2:36 PM, Apr 2nd, 2020 via TweetDeck)

A PLATYPUS AND A SULPHUR-CRESTED JERKBIRD. twitter.com/YarraPlentyLib…

By the way, has Freedom Boy’s head exploded yet?

@stephendziedzic Cited in that article, “Singapore’s ‘unbelievably low birthrates’ have inspired ‘National Night”,..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…yG

“Singapore’s vulnerability: A large
and growing pool of older people” by @stephendziedzic lowyinstitute.org/the-interprete…

NewtonMark We don’t, tbqh. twitter.com/crikey_news/st…

via Tweetbot for iΟS (retweeted on 2:18 PM, Apr 2nd, 2020 via TweetDeck)

Thu plan, remainder: Read my email and then the internet, mostly.

via Twitter Web App in reply to stilgherrian

jillastark This constant centring of families is only heightening the sense of isolation for people who are already feeling is..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…7G

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 1:53 PM, Apr 2nd, 2020 via TweetDeck)

jillastark “Just keep your family close and together.” Every time the PM speaks he presumes we’re all sitting here at home doi..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…EA

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 1:53 PM, Apr 2nd, 2020 via TweetDeck)

johnb78 Worst Boxing Match Ever twitter.com/MelissaLDavey/…

via TweetDeck (retweeted on 1:52 PM, Apr 2nd, 2020 via TweetDeck)

AboutTheHouse The Speaker of the House of Representatives, @TonySmithMP, has set the time for the next meeting of the House: 9am..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…bY

via TweetDeck (retweeted on 1:51 PM, Apr 2nd, 2020 via TweetDeck)

kestert If you want to stick it to the man and flout the social distancing rules, there’s a massive loophole by donating blood.

via Twitter for Android (retweeted on 1:50 PM, Apr 2nd, 2020 via TweetDeck)

bradheath Starting at midnight, people in Laredo, Texas will be required to “wear some form of covering over their nose and m..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…Dc

via Twitter Web App (retweeted on 1:50 PM, Apr 2nd, 2020 via TweetDeck)

Data point for the coronavirus economic impact: Taxi driver based out of Katoomba in the Blue Mountains did a 10-ho..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…eB

I see the shipping phishing is starting to get on the coronavirus bandwagon too. pic.twitter.com/tBNAUbaI9b

@darrenpauli That’s truly beautiful. Wrong, of course, but beautiful.

via TweetDeck in reply to darrenpauli

Yes I know I can probably get rice elsewhere, including the organic bulk food shop nearby, buy I’m happy to wait un..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…M4

SITREP Coles Katoomba: All vegetables in good quantities; meat starting to return, but still sparse; still very lim..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…l9

@DylanLacey The advice I have is to do it, so here I am. YMMV obviously. This pharmacy is running a pretty tight ship.

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to DylanLacey

@WarWraith So… good? I wonder what the vaccine will give you then. Lice, maybe.

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to WarWraith

HEY PEOPLE GO GET YOUR FLU VACCINE. HOSPITALS DON’T NEED FLU PATIENTS CLOGGING UP THE PLACE.

Vaccinerated. Waiting the requisite 15 minutes to see if it gives me autism.

Glad I booked the flu vaccine a couple days ago. The pharmacy’s stock is now all spoken for. New supplies are comin..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…i9

In the pharmacy. Scripts are not being signed. Pre-vaccination screening is being done as an oral Q&A. Again, no si..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…JO

Number of passengers boarding at Katoomba: 3. Number alighting, at what is usually the busiest destination: 9. With..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…x8

Number of passengers boarding at Leura: 2. Number alighting: 2.

. Number of passengers boarding at Wentworth Falls: 2. Number alighting: 0. pic.twitter.com/sFzw10T9pe

Social distancing instructions at Wentworth Falls station. The waiting room can usually seat around 20 people. The..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…87

@billus @dobes So, so close.But yes, it is definitely a knee. Fast Fourier transforms are heaps of fun!

via TweetDeck in reply to billus

Getting the show on the road. Literally, in fact, as I’ll be walking in to the village to get the 1107 train. twitter.com/stilgherrian/s…

via Twitter Web App in reply to stilgherrian

travis_view This is an actual quote from the audio recording.

“Dude, I know somebody personally whose girlfriend is a nurse an..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…ey

via Twitter for Android (retweeted on 10:28 AM, Apr 2nd, 2020 via TweetDeck)

travis_view QAnon followers baselessly think that a child rescue operation is happening in Central Park right now.

They belie..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…4j

via Twitter for Android (retweeted on 10:28 AM, Apr 2nd, 2020 via TweetDeck)

@billus @dobes Pretty. Is it… a snare drum?

via TweetDeck in reply to billus

Jeff_Sparrow Another sign of the new world we’ve entered: Salon is publishing detailed explanations of the labour theory of value salon.com/2020/03/31/a-g…

via TweetDeck (retweeted on 9:51 AM, Apr 2nd, 2020 via TweetDeck)

@kels_316 Yep, I’m looking forward to hearing where they’re up to. Getting to this stage so quickly is amazing.

via TweetDeck in reply to kels_316

I am not watching the briefing, so that’s literally all I know about it.

“CSIRO, Australia’s national science agency, has commenced the first stage of testing potential vaccines for COVID-..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…Bn

@rubyblue70 @SnarkyPlatypus That’s… quite funny. [Thud.] Thanks.

via TweetDeck in reply to rubyblue70

thepacketrat You know, I bet we could have prevented the wide spread of the novel coronavirus if we had widely adopted blockchain.

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 9:35 AM, Apr 2nd, 2020 via TweetDeck)

pant_leg the government should give us each $8,000 not because that’s how much a batman pinball machine costs it’s for a different reason

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 9:35 AM, Apr 2nd, 2020 via TweetDeck)

@dobes It still doesn’t work even if you run the sigma function from negative infinity out to infinity, but who has time for that anyway?

@dobes Yeah. Fourier transforms. Second-year university Applied Mathematics, plus some added bullshit…twitter.com/i/web/status/1…pm

via TweetDeck in reply to dobes

@dobes Wait. They’re upsampling the existing 16-bit recordings?

via TweetDeck in reply to dobes

AdamJKucharski Look at the Wuhan line on this new graph from @jburnmurdoch. The lockdown was introduced there on 23rd Jan – 69 daytwitter.com/i/web/status/1…nW8r

via Twitter Web App (retweeted on 9:17 AM, Apr 2nd, 2020 via TweetDeck)

@NewtonMark @Idealaw The “If” at the front of that tweet is doing a lot of heavy lifting, Mark.

via TweetDeck in reply to NewtonMark

PSyvret A national “jobs hub”? We used to have one of those. It was called the CES … until Howard killed it and outsour..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…Es

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 9:15 AM, Apr 2nd, 2020 via TweetDeck)

@wiremu88 Added to the compilation, thank you.

via TweetDeck in reply to wiremu88

Everyone who has an Opinion on coronavirus-related isolation rules should probably read this thread — and that seem.twitter.com/i/web/status/1…NrJ

Listening to today’s @abcnews Coronacast, “Under the radar! How much coronavirus is really out there?” pca.st/l0jcn540

GermsAndNumbers Modest COVID proposal: Every time a techie writes a Medium post modeling the epidemic, they must agree to let a ran..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…bU

via Twitter Web App (retweeted on 8:57 AM, Apr 2nd, 2020 via TweetDeck)

Listening to today’s @7ampodcast, “A Nobel prize winner explains coronavirus,” and it’s even in a relevant field. pca.st/j9f83axc

frippet @firstdogonmoon Libraries Tasmania should put this on a tote bag if there are ever tote bags or libraries again pic.twitter.com/ri3vgHOrkZ

via Twitter Web App (retweeted on 8:38 AM, Apr 2nd, 2020 via TweetDeck)

_cingraham *asteroid slams into Earth, obliterating 75% of all life*
Regular people: oh no
Brain Genius on Twitter: Yeah well..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…gN

via Twitter Web App (retweeted on 8:37 AM, Apr 2nd, 2020 via TweetDeck)

@terryfrost @jeamland Better than being dead, though, should a ventilator not be handy.

via TweetDeck in reply to terryfrost

jeamland ELON FIXED IT. HE FIXED THE CORONAVIRUS. CAPITALISM BE PRAISED, WE’RE GOING TO MARS! twitter.com/AllezLesBoulez…

via Tweetbot for Mac (retweeted on 8:31 AM, Apr 2nd, 2020 via TweetDeck)

axios Scoop: Israeli PM Benjamin Netanyahu shared with his cabinet a video he claimed was evidence of Iran concealing cor..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…eY

via TweetDeck (retweeted on 8:28 AM, Apr 2nd, 2020 via TweetDeck)

Thu plan: It is eight days since my last errands run to Katoomba, so it’s time for another one. 1130 flu vaccine, t..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…9X

srpeatling Lol. ABC boss David Anderson asked on ABC 24 just now what his favourite tv show is: “Right now, if I’m missing the..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…Xu

via Twitter Web App (retweeted on 8:19 AM, Apr 2nd, 2020 via TweetDeck)

I’m not sure which is “better”, Senator Hanson’s original proposal, or the replies in the thread. twitter.com/SkyNewsAust/st…

Today’s weather for the Blue Mountains, which is just typical. pic.twitter.com/CL7ohIztLZ

drajm Urgent Information re COVID19

A Community Service Announcement.

youtu.be/7wLdI-8Tstk

via TweetDeck (retweeted on 7:53 AM, Apr 2nd, 2020 via TweetDeck)

@CarolynLake [Nods] Carry on, Soldier. The battle continues…

via TweetDeck in reply to CarolynLake

daraghobrien @mdennedy Lesson 1: “cé hé an stail asail sin?”

Phonetically: “Kay Hay an Stall as-all shin?”

Translation: “Who’s that asshole?”

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 7:50 AM, Apr 2nd, 2020 via TweetDeck)

kylemaxwell I’ve been 100% remote for 8 years and this take is EXACTLY CORRECT.

We’re “Working During Pandemic”, which is NOT..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…SL

via Twitter for iPad (retweeted on 7:49 AM, Apr 2nd, 2020 via TweetDeck)

@kels_316 And, don’t forget, their own IBM Selectric typewriter. If they were a woman in the typing pool anyway. An..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…uk

via TweetDeck in reply to kels_316

Orbinfo “Abolition of the Royal Familia” is now available now on @Bandcamp! Grab a high fidelity FLAC copy and chill… 🎧..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…mA

via Twitter Web App (retweeted on 7:47 AM, Apr 2nd, 2020 via TweetDeck)

I do love how this was such a symbolic picture of The Future™. twitter.com/OnePerfectShot…

ProZD ranking up your friendship pic.twitter.com/9MLXjjTgfH

via Twitter Web Client (retweeted on 7:44 AM, Apr 2nd, 2020 via TweetDeck)

Reuters Photos from some of the world’s most popular sites at noon capture silence as countries implement social distancing..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…6g

via SocialFlow (retweeted on 7:40 AM, Apr 2nd, 2020 via TweetDeck)

@CarolynLake I should never be allowed to look at the news in the morning, but off and on it’s been part of my job.

via TweetDeck in reply to CarolynLake

fictillius Peak hour on @T8SydneyTrains pic.twitter.com/zLHxzVQPbh

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 7:37 AM, Apr 2nd, 2020 via TweetDeck)

phbarratt As for international students, so for cruise ships. We love them until the going gets rough, and then it’s bugger o..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…c9

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 7:35 AM, Apr 2nd, 2020 via TweetDeck)

@munin Thank you. Everything seems to be going terribly well.

via TweetDeck in reply to munin

Well here’s a happy thought to wake up to. twitter.com/KBAndersen/sta…

Thursday. Beware of the pink boa. The hole in the floor has eyes. Thursday.