June 1st, 2020

@clarkee Best dialog I’ve heard so far: “His bowel movements have become miserly and unspontaneous.” OK maybe I am wrong.

Random pork stir-fry. Reminder: I’m single. pic.twitter.com/nMBJi7dRUJ

ronnychieng “…so then he said, “Sure you’re Michael Jordan but there’s no way you could end racism.” And I said, “Ok. That’s..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…9K

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 9:01 PM, Jun 1st, 2020 via Tweetbot for iΟS)

@clarkee I watched two eps last night and I’m just into ep 3, but I think they’ve struck the right balance between..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…cu

via TweetDeck in reply to clarkee

John Malkovich as Space Force’s chief scientist is brilliant casting.

Can I just say that Steve Carell’s “Space Force” on Netflix is rather better than I’d feared.

@parthenope I mean they’re right, but if you pour them gin too they may stop whinging.

via TweetDeck in reply to parthenope

I suppose I should think about dinner at some point.

NewtonMark Minister for Women Marice Payne: “We actually want this inquiry to start the conversation,” implying that the conve..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…UK

via Tweetbot for iΟS (retweeted on 8:29 PM, Jun 1st, 2020 via TweetDeck)

@RankinSue I now believe that the internet will deliver gin despite my mistake.

via TweetDeck in reply to RankinSue

@i386 I guess it makes things easier when there’s a production license in the family. :)

via TweetDeck in reply to i386

@GreenJ Oh I know this! Is the question “Who is the Prime Minister of the UK?”?

via TweetDeck in reply to GreenJ

ghostinevans THEY DESTROYED TRUMPS STAR pic.twitter.com/0g3Db9ejeF

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 8:26 PM, Jun 1st, 2020 via TweetDeck)

@smartbrain @apnic @apnicdg Lol if we’re ever allowed to have any more conferences. :)

via TweetDeck in reply to smartbrain

@joshrowe I know, I know…. (Is it bad that I just saw RFC1149 and didn’t need to click through?)

via TweetDeck in reply to joshrowe

@elisethoma5 Yeah I don’t believe that’s true. I get more afraid of it every day.

via TweetDeck in reply to elisethoma5

@BakedBoons @dawnstarau I have that audio here somewhere. I’ve always thought that he wasn’t entirely wrong.

via TweetDeck in reply to BakedBoons

@i386 Hahahah closer connection than I’d guessed. :)

via TweetDeck in reply to i386

@i386 Ah yes, it was the Gartner Risk & Security Summit, which each year sees (saw?) vendors trying to outdo each o..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…ng

@i386 Also, I see the Dad & Dave’s connection. Back when we could have conferences they were serving at one event and yeah some nice brews.

@i386 Thanks mate. :) I thought I should give it a try because people have been telling me you’ve been doing OK. :)

via TweetDeck in reply to i386

@JustJimWillDo I’ve noticed this bug too. I just reload the page because I can’t be arsed whinging about cosmetic problems.

via TweetDeck in reply to JustJimWillDo

@Thefinnigans Or steam cleaning like Gwyneth Paltrow.

via TweetDeck in reply to Thefinnigans

I WAS JUST TRYING TO GET MORE GIN.

@i386 Let me know if you need the order number.

How does the internet even work?

@i386 Hello. Guess who has two thumbs and just typed his email address in his order with .con instead of .com?

via Twitter Web App in reply to i386

I have decided to give this a go. twitter.com/wildspiritgin/…

@stufromoz Hence my plan to stay inside, and burn more dinosaur farts than usual.

via TweetDeck in reply to stufromoz

@stufromoz Apparent temp is down to -5.2C now. I will be SO annoyed if is starts snowing.

via TweetDeck in reply to stufromoz

paulwallbank Well, we could spend the money investing in the skills and tools for a 21st Century economy, or we could just add a..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…YK

via TweetDeck (retweeted on 7:45 PM, Jun 1st, 2020 via TweetDeck)

GrogsGamut 6 years since Tony Abbott commemorated the D Day landings by declaring Australia open for business pic.twitter.com/6WceNALxP1

via TweetDeck (retweeted on 7:45 PM, Jun 1st, 2020 via TweetDeck)

markhumphries This is a wonderful opportunity for a new comedy voice to join @TheFeedSBS and produce sketches. Please forward it..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…Zt

via Twitter Web App (retweeted on 7:33 PM, Jun 1st, 2020 via TweetDeck)

One hell of a @LowyInstitute panel on Friday: “The end of Hong Kong as we know it?” myaccount.lowyinstitute.org/events/hong-ko… Free vi..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…KT

@beammeu83370120 I deleted my retweets. The video is not recent and the sourcing is dodgy.

via TweetDeck in reply to beammeu83370120

marinamaral2 “Hollywood is a place where they’ll pay you a thousand dollars for a kiss and fifty cents for your soul.”

Marilyn..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…mx

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 7:24 PM, Jun 1st, 2020 via TweetDeck)

@coldsnacks Yeah all deleted by me almost immediately ‘cos the sourcing looked dodgy.

via TweetDeck in reply to coldsnacks

@SMinney I will be cowering under a quilt soon enough.

via TweetDeck in reply to SMinney

@dobes The last few days have been very good, yes.

via TweetDeck in reply to dobes

Back at @bunjaree and mostly not freezing, but I am not impressed with this impending sub-zero bullshit. And it had better not snow.

Perfect conditions in which to be waiting for a taxi lol.

The Prime Minister of Australia Scott Morrison issues a sternly worded message about riots in the United States. pic.twitter.com/7L4W1jIYxX

Great @onthemedia segment: “Who is ‘Karen’ and Why Does She Keep Calling the Police on Black Men?” wnycstudios.org/podcasts/otm/s…

Passing the Hill of Dead Pets, again.

@kcollasarundell @kels_316 @glengyron I wonder whether “dispense” was an automangle or misheard “disperse” at some point.

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to kcollasarundell

@kels_316 @glengyron What a fuckwit. Or a provocateur. Fascinating watching this shit roll out in real time. Except..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…gu

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to kels_316

ThisGuyGetsLit Hey guys. President and CEO of Antifa here. I tried to change our name to avoid the presidents classification as a..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…gt

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 3:32 PM, Jun 1st, 2020 via Tweetbot for iΟS)

@JohnBirmingham @Audible_AU I have this in my queue. I suppose I should listen before events overtake your better reality.

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to JohnBirmingham

@dobes @rohan_p @cameronwilson Yeah the frog guy is OK.

Disclosure: Meanjin, of which he is editor, has been a client.

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to dobes

welcomet0nature A dauntless white fox trying to steal fish from a Russian fisherman pic.twitter.com/4br08IqhlH

via TweetDeck (retweeted on 3:21 PM, Jun 1st, 2020 via Tweetbot for iΟS)

dobes I’m glad the Australian government has decided to make this tweet, thereby ensuring that Pete Evans and Byron shut..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…x9

via TweetDeck (retweeted on 3:18 PM, Jun 1st, 2020 via Tweetbot for iΟS)

cwarzel very brave of the WH to employ the technique that i use when our house has run out of halloween candy too early in..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…eH

via Twitter Web App (retweeted on 3:01 PM, Jun 1st, 2020 via Tweetbot for iΟS)

JohnBirmingham If this was my novel about a fascist takeover of America I’d probably delete most of this weeks plot points as unbelievable.

via Twitter Web App (retweeted on 2:58 PM, Jun 1st, 2020 via Tweetbot for iΟS)

kabbalahnchill When you see NYPD with unlimited vans, bullets, and tear gas don’t forgot we needed a gofundme to get masks for our hospital

via Twitter Web App (retweeted on 2:52 PM, Jun 1st, 2020 via Tweetbot for iΟS)

Partially antlered.

Approaching The Place Where There Are Antlers.

Passing the Hill of Dead Pets.

There’s someone in the quiet carriage coughing like a dying horse and who is now on the phone loudly trying to loca..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…jk

@melbomartin Not much different from two weeks ago, but I haven’t been travelling enough to seeing any patterns.

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to melbomartin

RadioFreeTom SNORKEL! ALBUQUERQUE! twitter.com/realDonaldTrum…

via TweetDeck (retweeted on 10:26 AM, Jun 1st, 2020 via Tweetbot for iΟS)

ApostrophePong Got a phone alert: DC Mayor has just announced a curfew from 11 pm to 6 am.

via Twitter Web App (retweeted on 10:10 AM, Jun 1st, 2020 via Tweetbot for iΟS)

Katzerax a lot of police are using zipties instead of handcuffs because they dont have enough handcuffs for riots, ive attac..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…sd

via Twitter Web App (retweeted on 9:41 AM, Jun 1st, 2020 via Tweetbot for iΟS)

JohnBirmingham “Terribly racist to millionaire cook” was Latho’s dream career path when he did his sausage=roll-n-pavlova recipe c..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…qx

via Twitter Web App (retweeted on 9:38 AM, Jun 1st, 2020 via Tweetbot for iΟS)

“Animal rights groups have been pushing a synthetic alternative to horseshoe crab blood in drug safety testing” theguardian.com/environment/20…

“Nationals MP George Christensen set up a website backing his push for a China inquiry which is linked to a busines..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…UZ

HudMo Dono where to start w counting the levels of tone deaf and wrong here pic.twitter.com/kzbctNwcjv

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 8:46 AM, Jun 1st, 2020 via TweetDeck)

@marklawrence @SatPaper I find it pretty tough most weeks. Pop culture like music and movies is the killer for me.

via TweetDeck in reply to marklawrence

Oh dear. “One person who can make sense of the complexity is former Cleo editor and diplomatic affairs expert Sharr..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…aD

Finally did the @SatPaper quiz. Got 6/10 this week, with momentary brainfade preventing a 7/10. thesaturdaypaper.com.au/quiz/2020/05/30

@NickyWill100 @kcarruthers I have been advised that the story is several years old. From 1996, in fact. science.sciencemag.org/content/272/52…

via TweetDeck in reply to NickyWill100

Indeed. There’s basically no penalty for incompetence or corruption except the ballot box. twitter.com/kels_316/statu…

@coldsnacks @kels_316 Robert is another Pentecostal ally for Morrison. He’ll stay. en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stuart_Ro… Ex-AUSTINT too.

via TweetDeck in reply to coldsnacks

della79 Five years since we lost Joan. pic.twitter.com/t8qXCPTuTm

via Twitter for Android (retweeted on 7:53 AM, Jun 1st, 2020 via TweetDeck)

JamesCoyne Simpler times pic.twitter.com/XWsOlX9pPo

via Twitter for Android (retweeted on 7:50 AM, Jun 1st, 2020 via TweetDeck)

If plans were even a thing any more, I would have written in the Weekly Wrap. I did put a photo of Sydney Harbour B..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…yg

Mon plan: Pie; 0924 train to Sydney; administrivia en route; 1130 GP; errands; 1400 lunch with an accomplice; shopp..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…ih

bambul Alignment released for Sydney Metro Greater West. 6 stations: St Marys, Orchard Hills, Luddenham, Business Park, Ai..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…C4

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 7:32 AM, Jun 1st, 2020 via TweetDeck)

Space_Station The @SpaceX makes five spaceships parked at the station. go.nasa.gov/2M4zJPy pic.twitter.com/la06vhjgOW

via Twitter Web App (retweeted on 7:31 AM, Jun 1st, 2020 via TweetDeck)

jeffreyhoward33 Norman Rockwell’s “The Problem.” pic.twitter.com/KLPQPTPMaM

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 7:08 AM, Jun 1st, 2020 via TweetDeck)

The Blue Mountains weather will begin acceptably but will turn bad later in the day. pic.twitter.com/jOb7mMRGT7

Monday. You may think that They are asleep, but They are watching you through the corners of Their eyes. Monday.