July 3rd, 2020

@colourmeamused_ @jonoabroad Ta. It’s in there, but thanks I’ll check why it doesn’t turn up on a name search. I th..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…uL

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to colourmeamused_

@JohnBirmingham Who will you be suing? The shark or the eagle?

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to JohnBirmingham

NewtonMark “We need laws to protect that one thing I do and nothing else,” rather than, “we need comprehensive human rights pr..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…vV

via Tweetbot for iΟS (retweeted on 7:21 PM, Jul 3rd, 2020 via Tweetbot for iΟS)

stilgherrian NEW PODCAST: “The 9pm Eurostar Mystery in Brief” (4m07s) stilgherrian.com/edict/00110/

It’s an update to yesterday’s ful..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…U6

via TweetDeck (retweeted on 7:16 PM, Jul 3rd, 2020 via Tweetbot for iΟS)

ZedAyySeeKay During July buy a copy of ‘Growing Up Aboriginal in Australia’, edited by @AnitaHeiss, featuring my story ‘Abo Nose..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…QR

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 7:14 PM, Jul 3rd, 2020 via Tweetbot for iΟS)

bobservant Ten years ago I was the 8th busiest cheeseburger van in Dundee. After a decade of hard work, listening to the punte..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…hU

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 6:54 PM, Jul 3rd, 2020 via Tweetbot for iΟS)

@amisamileandme @MsLods @FionaPattenMLC @KathAlbury If it’s incomplete then I’m pretty sure Trove has a full snapshot.

Listening to the latest @onthemedia extra, “United States of Conspiracy” pca.st/eniawzu3 It’s very good.

@amisamileandme If we can find that old site, the woman who ran that wrote in SO much detail about the interaction..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…8c

via TweetDeck in reply to amisamileandme

I say, @dobes, it’s a lovely Garden of Eden-Monaro here from @roweafr. twitter.com/roweafr/status…

@NickyWill100 I am less idealistic. I think I’ve meet too many arseholes in my life. :)

via TweetDeck in reply to NickyWill100

@NickyWill100 I wonder whether the whole Valley culture will eventually be ripped apart, or whether they’ll be able..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…op

via TweetDeck in reply to NickyWill100

@cameronwilson @SnarkyPlatypus @abcnews Oh look! A complaint about racism at Facebook? It must be a day with a Y in..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…1L

@cameronwilson @SnarkyPlatypus @abcnews Hey, I like your work because you dig into the sociological aspects of this..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…aG

via TweetDeck in reply to cameronwilson

@NickyWill100 Lol it’ll get another round of VC funding. ;)

via TweetDeck in reply to NickyWill100

@cameronwilson Nothing new for other people of colour of course, however, and thanks you Cameron for calling out th..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…Ll

The attached tweet relates to this fine yarn: “Indigenous Australians face sexual racism on dating apps: ‘The secon..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…pl

@nichartley @tfswebb They were ALL documentaries, Nic, if only you can decode the message.

via TweetDeck in reply to nichartley

Lol. “The whole entire DNA of Silicon Valley has been optimism from day one.” pic.twitter.com/R8KYttoyPt

Quote: Srinivasan, formerly a general partner at Andreessen Horowitz, claimed that “the entire tech press was compl..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…E9

“Silicon Valley Elite Discuss Journalists Having Too Much Power in Private App” vice.com/en_us/article/…

The headli..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…n7

@justanotheramy If you’re referring to “teledildonics” and the link — I forget who coined that word — this is an extwitter.com/i/web/status/1…HrYQ

via TweetDeck in reply to justanotheramy

“Mathias Cormann set to quit politics: Report” thenewdaily.com.au/news/politics/… So say “senior government sources” anyway.

“China’s pipeline dream in Pakistan: The plan to transport oil across the Himalayas is a logistical nightmare. Post..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…xb

@paul_clarke @johnthelutheran This appears to be a different one. At least for this one in Australia the BARF is an..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…a9

via TweetDeck in reply to paul_clarke

@evcricket Now I have this terrible mental image…

via TweetDeck in reply to evcricket

I have no idea* why I am on this mailing list.

* I think I know exactly why I am on this mailing list.

So, there’s this new tech for cam girls allows customers to buy “fireworks” which, when they explode, operate the g..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…eu

CanberraInsider Bob Hawke with a beer pic.twitter.com/5Z4ilkKcn5

via TweetDeck (retweeted on 4:54 PM, Jul 3rd, 2020 via TweetDeck)

The other day I learned that someone named their dog food brand Barf. pic.twitter.com/hgmMnMruho

Thank you @JohnBirmingham for reminding me about this image in today’s Alien Sideboob. aliensideboob.substack.com/p/the-orange-g… pic.twitter.com/pkZOtlEsKl

@NewtonMark @dobes @riskybusiness Oh right, I’m on the same page now. Well, if it’s any help I understand that it’s..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…vC

via TweetDeck in reply to NewtonMark

Travon Now THIS is a message. pic.twitter.com/atL7YtDZQs

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 4:37 PM, Jul 3rd, 2020 via TweetDeck)

@NewtonMark @dobes @riskybusiness Not that I can see in that photo. Why do you ask?

via TweetDeck in reply to NewtonMark

Scamwatch_gov SCAM ALERT🚨: Scammers are impersonating @ServicesGovAU with fake myGov messages asking Australians to verify their..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…oF

via Twitter Web App (retweeted on 4:28 PM, Jul 3rd, 2020 via TweetDeck)

MatthewBevan They’re going to just say “Sydney is better than Melbourne” over a megaphone at the border and see if people burst..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…Qa

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 4:24 PM, Jul 3rd, 2020 via TweetDeck)

BuckyIsotope I wrapped my cat in aluminum foil so government spy satellites cannot monitor when I kiss him on the lips pic.twitter.com/Fl6l6Zegu6

via Tweetbot for iΟS (retweeted on 4:20 PM, Jul 3rd, 2020 via TweetDeck)

botandy we’re talking in my apartment when I reach up above & behind myself, grasping a large ball in each hand. Without br..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…QJ

via Twitter for Android (retweeted on 4:19 PM, Jul 3rd, 2020 via TweetDeck)

Twitter You can have an edit button when everyone wears a mask

via Twitter Web App (retweeted on 4:10 PM, Jul 3rd, 2020 via TweetDeck)

glengyron 💧💧💧💧Not many people know that the Greens failed to pass the CPRS in 2006 because of the Ruby Princess. 💧💧💧💧

via Twitter for iPad (retweeted on 4:09 PM, Jul 3rd, 2020 via TweetDeck)

SuperCroup It’s the year 7942 and as the last space ark leaves Earth bound for a habitable planet orbiting Alpha Centauri IV,..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…oY

via Twitter for Android (retweeted on 4:03 PM, Jul 3rd, 2020 via TweetDeck)

@DanielOCnr @NewtonMark @dobes @riskybusiness Nah I’m good at this stage. My curiosity is already down too many rab..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…WX

via TweetDeck in reply to DanielOCnr

@DanielOCnr @NewtonMark @dobes @riskybusiness I’ve seen one set that had a second layer of fakery. Pretending to be..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…Ch

via TweetDeck in reply to DanielOCnr

Listening finally to today’s @7ampodcast, “The Eden-Monaro Missile Crisis” pca.st/i7skcq9q

@oberonsghost What sad news, and I’m sorry to hear it, so I hope you’re doing OK. *hugs*

via TweetDeck in reply to oberonsghost

@skwashd @NewtonMark @dobes @riskybusiness There’s a lot of gear being bagged up there too.

@skwashd @NewtonMark @dobes @riskybusiness Yep, the slow and somewhat tedious task of bagging the evidence and docu..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…pw

via TweetDeck in reply to skwashd

@2three2 Yeah it’s a strange world, eh. And they’re SO certain it’s ALL true, even the bits that are totally incons..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…kS

via TweetDeck in reply to 2three2

@NewtonMark @dobes @riskybusiness Interesting quote:

“The AFP investigation identified the use of a number of tele..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…Fb

@NewtonMark @dobes @riskybusiness “I understand” is journalistic jargon for “I have a solid source but I can’t reveal etc etc.

@NewtonMark @dobes @riskybusiness I understand that this guy has been doing these things for quite some time. I’ve..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…Dx

@NewtonMark @dobes @riskybusiness The cops don’t release names in the routine statements, so it’s up to a journo to..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…wP

via TweetDeck in reply to NewtonMark

Hey @dobes @riskybusiness @NewtonMark it’ll be interesting to see how much forensic detail is made public in court,..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…LN

“AFP charges man over scam emails targeting Labor’s Eden-Monaro candidate Kristy McBain” abc.net.au/news/2020-07-0…

Me in French again this week: “L’influence de la Chine via WeChat passerait-elle (quasi) inaperçue ?” zdnet.fr/actualites/l-i…

New from @AICriminology: “The relationship between drug price and purity and population level harm” aic.gov.au/publications/t…

@mattcdef2000 @dobes Wow, this is truly excellent jerkbirding and @stacejarman should feel honoured. :)

via TweetDeck in reply to mattcdef2000

As always, if you enjoy this podcast, or even if you don’t, you can contribute to its upkeep at..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…8h

It’s an update to yesterday’s ful..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…U6

smh Comment | Given my recent retirement from judicial office, I can finally say it: our drug-driving detection laws ar..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…y7

via Echobox (retweeted on 12:54 PM, Jul 3rd, 2020 via TweetDeck)

@cafuego It is, but not a bit derivative?

via TweetDeck in reply to cafuego

jeremy_gans “HH: It was ‘shit,’ Mr Skinner. I am sitting right next to this witness box and the word was ‘shit.’ It was heard b..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…gK

via Twitter Web App (retweeted on 11:05 AM, Jul 3rd, 2020 via TweetDeck)

Fri plan: Post a podcast update, then futz around for the rest of the day. This will include sketching out next wee..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…Ch

SuperCroup 企 by itself can mean standing on tip-toe, or standing upright, so if you must, 企鵝 could be “literally” translated a..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…GN

via TweetDeck (retweeted on 10:50 AM, Jul 3rd, 2020 via Twitter Web App)

SuperCroup Nope! The translation is “penguin”. The first character in penguin 企鵝 is the same as the first character in busines..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…7l

via TweetDeck (retweeted on 10:50 AM, Jul 3rd, 2020 via Twitter Web App)

HannahD15 Peter Dutton has AGAIN been threatened with a contempt action by the Federal Court. Flick J describes him as “a per..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…BP

via Twitter Web App (retweeted on 10:36 AM, Jul 3rd, 2020 via TweetDeck)

@RealNickHodge @SnarkyPlatypus Well @joshgnosis was speculating that, but what news since? @cameronwilson will know if there is, I’m sure.

via TweetDeck in reply to RealNickHodge

@SnarkyPlatypus This is weird. The entire account has been deleted!

via TweetDeck in reply to SnarkyPlatypus

@swearyanthony @dobes @elronxenu @NewtonMark Thanks for this. Will read today. Hardly surprising that Fallows went..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…Kc

via TweetDeck in reply to swearyanthony

It’s not as cold as it seems in the Blue Mountains today, but looking ahead it’s another week or more with no signi..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…gG

joshgnosis Peter Dutton given Friday noon deadline to avoid contempt of court charge theguardian.com/australia-news…

via Twitter Web App (retweeted on 10:11 AM, Jul 3rd, 2020 via Tweetbot for iΟS)

Friday. Many things will happen. Friday.