In Sydney NSW AU to 31 Aug

May 5th, 2022

Reminder: Do not watch The Bad Program.

@SuperCroup @johnb78 Thursday is Mexican night at the Great Southern Bar.

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to SuperCroup

It’s turned out to quite a nice evening in Sydney. pic.twitter.com/CWhv1ptQQa

ICYMI earlier, here’s a new podcast. twitter.com/stilgherrian/s…

@LapTop006 The onions were underneath. The layering was mash, thin part of gravy, thick onion part of the gravy, de..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…uj

via TweetDeck in reply to LapTop006

@JustJimWillDo There was. Very caramelised onions.

via TweetDeck in reply to JustJimWillDo

After all of that talk about sausages I ended up having bangers’n’mash for lunch. Adequate.

SandyHorne61 People often call tawny frogmouths ‘owls’. They aren’t owls. They aren’t nightjars either. They are frogmouths. The..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…ix

via Twitter Web App (retweeted on 3:05 PM, May 5th, 2022 via Tweetbot for iΟS)

nickeldoodle even as NFTs value plummets, I think it’s important we remember the artists who got involved with them and how stup..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…yY

via Twitter Web App (retweeted on 3:01 PM, May 5th, 2022 via Tweetbot for iΟS)

“Russian air force squadron flies in ‘Z’ formation over Moscow ahead of Victory Day,” because of course they did.
abc.net.au/news/2022-05-0…

@drunkenmadman It’s perfectly healthy. Unlike the pets.

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to drunkenmadman

@SuperCroup Good point. I want a good sausage on Monday because it’s the election.

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to SuperCroup

Passing the Hill of Dead Pets.

@paulkidd I’m prepared to go quite some way.

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to paulkidd

A bit further along a bunch of workers are stringing cables and fibre through trackside ducts, so yeah that’d explain things.

Oooh! A failed signal between Lapstone and Emu Plains. So the has passed the double-red at a crawl.

Not totally fucked. Just a bit fucked. I noticed the backlog of traffic as the train cruised past.

Great Western Highway eastbound at Warrimoo is a bit fucked. pic.twitter.com/1NFpiBBI0a

@Kimota Maybe it’ll come back for winter. But other looks like I’ll have to head to Springwood or Penrith. Still, a nice day out.

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to Kimota

How far would you go for a sausage?

I note that none of the three pubs in Katoomba have bangers’n’mash on their menus. Neither does the Katoomba RSL. L..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…n3

Pre-poll voting opens on Monday too, so I’ll be giving myself a sausage for my birthday.

Other reasons to contribute to the tip jar this week include me having to take the week off last week thanks to the..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…5K

NEW PODCAST: “The 9pm Election Unhinging: Week the Fourth” (59m37s) the9pmedict.com/edict/00168/

Look for “The 9pm Edic..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…WX

MarkHertling For Moscow’s Victory Day parade, I’m wondering if the tanks will have their turrets attached?

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 10:31 AM, May 5th, 2022 via TweetDeck)

annie_parker I don’t know why, but I feel I should share this with you @stilgherrian twitter.com/nytimes/status…

via Twitter Web App (retweeted on 9:51 AM, May 5th, 2022 via TweetDeck)

@annie_parker Oh this is something I definitely need to know about. Thank you!

via TweetDeck in reply to annie_parker

waferbaby You, a normal person: “I shall now have a normal thought about normal things.
Me: “If you’re an anthropomorphic car..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…k5

via Twitter Web App (retweeted on 9:14 AM, May 5th, 2022 via TweetDeck)

Not the most hygienic environment for a medical procedure. twitter.com/Reuters/status…

@AOCarr @NickEvershed I can’t speak for Nick of course, but the narrative has included the idea that the alleged ch..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…QZ

via TweetDeck in reply to AOCarr

NickEvershed Also, due to popular demand I have updated my “productivity in parliament” index with the addition of Morrison’s pr..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…X6

via Twitter Web App (retweeted on 8:49 AM, May 5th, 2022 via TweetDeck)

NickEvershed Morrison and Frydenberg said voting for independents could lead to the “chaos” of a hung parliament.

However analy..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…9Y

via Twitter Web App (retweeted on 8:49 AM, May 5th, 2022 via TweetDeck)

If you’re looking for a photo of Anthony Albanese’s campaign launch under a Creative Commons license, these are you..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…of

@reselsnark @markc That’s OK. It’s mostly rubbish, and there’ll be a new one around lunchtime today anyway.

via TweetDeck in reply to reselsnark

@NewtonMark So many of those begging in US streets are veterans too. I’ve had some amazing conversations.

via TweetDeck in reply to NewtonMark

@NewtonMark If it’s a small amount it’s laziness. If it’s a large amount it’s optimism.

via TweetDeck in reply to NewtonMark

MarcDavenant Woman living near Ironbridge Power Station eating by candlelight during power cuts in 1972 by David Bagnall. pic.twitter.com/TENiqEuZFH

via Twitter for iPad (retweeted on 8:08 AM, May 5th, 2022 via TweetDeck)

cathywilcox1 Bring out the secret weapon.
My @smh @theage cartoon. pic.twitter.com/4XvKERce1p

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 8:00 AM, May 5th, 2022 via TweetDeck)

lhjh70 All going well for Piers then pic.twitter.com/rEOyo2aolx

via Twitter for Android (retweeted on 7:58 AM, May 5th, 2022 via TweetDeck)

@reselsnark @markc I can’t remember my exact wording but whatever it was would have been 100% correct. Obviously.

via TweetDeck in reply to reselsnark

Thu plan: Finish recording podcast and post it; train to Sydney; administrivia en route; errands, maybe; TGIT; 1915..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…aJ

@Thefinnigans It’s going to be a gloomy day all round. Sad.

via TweetDeck in reply to Thefinnigans

It’s another potentially moist day in the Blue Mountains today. pic.twitter.com/764zJUXcPR

Thursday. You will have a lucky escape. Invest wisely. Check your tools. Thursday.