Stilgherrian is a freelance journalist and commentator who covers the politics of the internet and the way it’s changing power relationships at every level of society. He’s particularly interested in internet policy, cybersecurity, privacy, cybercrime and hoovering up bulldust. But that’s far from all he’s interested in.
He also makes terrible podcasts about politics, international affairs, and other topics. You can hire him to help you make yours. Or to help you write and stuff.
IS TWITTER ABOUT TO IMPLODE? If you follow me on Twitter and you’d like to stay in touch if I move somewhere else, please leave me your email address at stilgherrian.com/twitterrecovery.
You can find my Mastodon presence at the URL eigenmagic.net/@stilgherrian or by searching there for @email@example.com. As the weeks go by, I’m finding that I’m using it more and more. Update 17 August 2023: I’ve just changed my Bluesky handle to use my own domain, bsky.app/profile/stilgherrian.com.
Latest Blog Posts
- Digital developments from Canberra 54
- Weekly Wrap 694: Abandoned walk, abandoned house, and a heatwave which is not abandoning us
- Digital developments from Canberra 53
- Weekly Wrap 693: More magpies and memories of a distant cat
- Digital developments from Canberra 52
- Weekly Wrap 692: Three locations and too much fatigue, but I learned things and plan to go for a walk
Latest Podcasts and other Conversations
- The 9pm Edict podcast: This is whaddyawant, apparently
- The 9pm Bad Nasi Goreng Makes the Merlion Sad with Snarky Platypus
- Rhymes with Sasquatch | Pilot
- The 9pm Death of Political Journalism
- The 9pm Extra: Vertical Hold episode 428, “Is Google’s Pixel 7a a winner, How is the budget fighting cybercrime?”
- The 9pm Public House Forum 7 LIVE
I’ve finally created an easy way to get onto my mailing list in case you’re not already a supporter. I’ll email you about upcoming podcasts, live recordings, crowdfunding campaigns, and other bits and pieces. There’s usually only one or two emails per month. Maybe three.