A weekly summary of what I’ve been doing elsewhere on the internets. Part of me wants to make a profound comment there but, you know, Christmas.
- Patch Monday episode 119, “2011: IT’s year of consolidation”. A panel discussion with broadcaster, columnist and author Paul Wallbank and open source developer and strategist Jeff Waugh. This was the final episode for 2011. The next one will appear on Monday 9 January 2012.
- Hactivism goes mobile with Android.Arspam, CSO, 20 December 2011.
- Still mid-game in the digital year that was, Crikey, 21 December 2011.
- Permission-greedy apps not always rogue or lazy, CSO, 22 December 2011.
- Facebook for banking? No thanks!, Technology Spectator, 23 December 2011.
- On Tuesday I was interviewed on ABC 774 Melbourne about Prince Al-Waleed bin Talal’s $300 million investment in Twitter.
- On Monday night I enjoyed food and drinks at the Hilton Hotel Sydney’s Executive Lounge thanks to Dave Hall, who has membership.
- On Tuesday night I had a little pizza and a rather large number of gin and tonics thanks to infosec firm Black Swan Consulting.
Most of my day-to-day observations are on my high-volume Twitter stream, and random photos and other observations turn up on my Posterous stream. The photos also appear on Flickr, where I eventually add geolocation data and tags.
[Photo: The Western Distributor, Darling Harbour, photographed from the Parkroyal Darling Harbour.]