My week of Monday 29 July to Sunday 4 August 2019 was week four of being on Health Patrol for my friend, and progress has been good. It also heralded a return to productivity — until that stopped dead.Continue reading “Weekly Wrap 479: Human health improves, computer health declines”
The week of Monday 24 to Sunday 30 June 2019 ended the financial year. I took the opportunity to have a proper weekend off. I was also moderately productive.Continue reading “Weekly Wrap 474: Cold War, warm winter, and pubs”
Sydney is falling apart thanks to a major threat to our national security. But it’s not just Sydney under threat, and not even just Australia.Continue reading “The 9pm Ladybird Baby Formula Alligator Doom Watch”
Many thanks to my Pozible supporters, as well as my generous hosts and guides in Tasmania. I think I’ve put on about 35kg thanks to you.
- “The 9pm Private House Forum 1: Hobart”, being The 9pm Edict episode 73, was recorded and streamed live from Hobart on Tuesday night. It’s also on SoundCloud and Speaker.
- DIY genetic engineering is about to explode, TechRepublic, 26 February 2018.
- Australian universities and NGOs targeted by Iranian and Chinese hackers, ZDNet Australia, 27 February 2018.
- On Tuesday afternoon, or Tuesday morning their time, I spoke about the futility of trying to “recall” an email on ABC South-West WA. I won’t be posting the recording.
- Also on Tuesday afternoon, I spoke about goats and read goat poetry on ABC Hobart. I won’t post that recording either.
- On Wednesday, I spoke about goats and crowdfunding on Tasmania Talks across northern Tasmania. You can listen at Psychic goat predicts hung parliament in state election.
The Week Ahead
This week is primarily a writing and editing week, apart from a scheduled day trip to Sydney on Wednesday. I won’t schedule it any more tightly than that. The weekend is unplanned.
I’m travelling to a few cities to present at a commercial event. Details TBA, but I’ll be in Melbourne on Tue 20 Mar, Brisbane on Wed 21, Adelaide on Thu 22 (and staying there through the weekend, I hope), and Sydney on Tue 27.
I’ve launched another Pozible campaign, The 9pm Hometown Forum, which aims to fund a Public House Forum episode of the Edict on Saturday 24 March.
Looking way further ahead:
- Australian Cyber Security Centre (ACSC) Conference, Canberra, 10–12 April.
- Australian Cyber Conference, formerly the Australian Information Security Association (AISA) National Conference, Melbourne, 9–11 October.
[Photo: Crossing the Derwent. Two seabirds skim the wetlands as I cross the Derwent River at Bridgewater, Tasmania, on 26 February 2018.]
We explore one of the world’s greatest coincidences. President Donald Trump finally does something sensible. And we bring you the latest in science.
There’s also talk of Bitcoin, bin chickens, nuclear weapons, and UFOs. And Nicholas Fryer takes a look through The Arch Window.Continue reading “The 9pm The Earth is Flat and So’s Your Mum”