Stilgherrian’s links for 21 June 2009 through 11 July 2009, posted as an act of desperation:
- Shorpy Photo Archive | Best Pix on the Net: A vintage photography blog featuring thousands of high-definition images from the 1850s to the 1950s. I could lose days here.
- Top 10 services you can use so you don’t have to stick to your monitor like “a mouse on cheese” (Jesus, is he gone yet?) | PR Week: Some useful tips on monitoring where you blip up in the social media universe. YMMV.
- Untitled | Pain on the posterior: Are we really living in George Orwell’s Nineteen Eighty-Four? Or is it really Aldous Huxley’s Brave New World?
- A New Publication on Media Legislation in Africa | UNESCO-CI: “Media Legislation in Africa: A Comparative Legal Survey” is an overview of existing media legislation in Ethiopia, Ghana, Kenya, Mali, Mozambique, Nigeria, Senegal, South Africa, Tanzania and Zambia, and a comparative analysis, putting the laws in perspective with regional and international standards and best-practices.
- Rules of Engagement for Journalists on Twitter | MediaShift: It is what it says, and not a bad place to launch your own news organisation’s discussions.