The Summer Series continues with a long, long conversation with Scottish author, social researcher, and podcaster David F Porteous in which we were both horribly wrong. But at length.Continue reading “The 9pm Rambling Embarrassment with David F Porteous”
The 9pm Moon Magic Communism on Venus with Dr Space Junk
Space archaeologist Dr Space Junk aka Dr Alice Gorman joins me for the second episode in the Spring Series 2020.Continue reading “The 9pm Moon Magic Communism on Venus with Dr Space Junk”
The 9pm Quiet Australians for the Hollow Moon Political Truth
Hear the truth about the Moon. Answer some hypothetical questions. Learn about one of the newest and greatest threats to society.Continue reading “The 9pm Quiet Australians for the Hollow Moon Political Truth”
Weekly Wrap 315: Mooning at the future, or something
My week Monday 6 to Sunday 12 June 2016 ended a week ago, for reasons that will become clear in the next Weekly Wrap.
- “The 9pm Edict Public House Forum 3”, being The 9pm Edict episode 59, 8 June 2016. The podcast is also available on SoundCloud and Spreaker.
None. Stand by.
- On Monday, ZDNet posted the video Avoiding ransomware is not that hard, which is part of the series Security TV.
- On Wednesday afternoon, I recorded a spot for ABC 720 Perth about hacking smart cars, which was broadcast on the digital channels on Saturday afternoon.
- On Wednesday night, I spoke about hacking smart cars on ABC 774 Melbourne.
- On Friday, ZDNet posted the second video in the Security TV series Which CMS should be used for your next website?
[Photo: Office with Moon, being the Moon as seen between office buildings in Haymarket, Sydney, on 8 June 2016.]
Links for 02 July 2008
Stilgherrian’s web links I’ve found for 02 July 2008, created automatically from internets.
- China As An Island | Strange Maps: China has land borders with 14 other countries. And yet you should not think of China as particularly well-integrated with its neighbours. In fact, as shown in this dramatic map, you should rather consider China to be an island.
- NASA's Moon Truck Goes for a Test Drive | Telstar Logistics: A prototype of a NASA lunar rover undergoing testing at the Moses Lake Sand Dunes in eastern Washington state.
- Hyperpolitics (American Style) | viddler.com: The video of Mark Pesce's presentation at the Personal Democracy Forum 2008.
- Asthma Weed | Sydney Weeds Committees: This is the nasty weed which keeps emerging in our garden and resists all efforts at eradication. Chemical warfare appears to be the only resort.
Today’s partial solar eclipse
Sydney (as well as other places) will have a partial solar eclipse today. The peak moment is 1534 Sydney time, though the moon will only take a small bite out of the sun.