This episode it’s all about the year that was 2019, as it dissolves in unreality and disappears in a cloud of bushfire smoke.Continue reading “The 9pm Arch Window of the Self-Pleasuring Breakdown of Reality”
What a surprise! The result of Australia’s federal election was the opposite of what nearly all the pundits had been predicting. And in a sense, nothing actually changed.Continue reading “The 9pm Arch Window of the Curious Equilibrium”
- Who leaked the idea of ASD spying on Australians, and why?, ZDNet Australia, 30 April 2018. I wrote that piece when this story about the Australian Signals Directorate was only beginning to unfold. The Saturday Paper had a detailed front-page story yesterday, Cabinet split on Dutton’s ASD plan.
- “Announcing ‘The 9pm Brisbane Forum’”, being an audio promo for the Pozible campaign of the same name. You can also listen to it on Speaker or SoundCloud. Do please consider pledging your support if you want the podcasts listed below to happen.
Media Appearances, Corporate Largesse
The Week Ahead
The next few weeks continue to see me based in Ashfield, Sydney, working through the Crikey project, and writing for ZDNet much as usual. I hope to get some walking in, however, and I might post some stuff about the places I visit, including photos.
The next episode of The 9pm Edict, will be recorded and streamed live
this Thursday 10 at 2100 AEST.
Other things I’ve pencilled in:
- Cyber Leaders 2018, Sydney, 15 May.
- AusCERT Cyber Security Conference, Gold Coast, 30 May to 1 June.
- The 9pm Edict Public House Forum 7, Brisbane, Saturday 2 June. (TBC)
- Record an episode of The 9pm Probe with author and columnist John Birmingham, Brisbane, Monday 4 June. (TBC)
- Building Australia’s Strategy for Space, Canberra, 13–15 June.
- SINET 61, Melbourne, 31 July – 1 August. (TBC)
- D61+ LIVE, Brisbane, 18–19 September. (TBC)
- Australian Cyber Conference, formerly the Australian Information Security Association (AISA) National Conference, Melbourne, 9–11 October.
Update 8 May 2018: Edited to reflect change in podcast recording date.
[Photo: The Eye of Gathgwyn, the cat I’m currently cat-sitting in Ashfield, Sydney, photographed on 5 May 2018.]
The air is filled with a swirl of rose petals and gold dust. The nation’s rivers and streams run with champagne. Malcolm Turnbull is Prime Minister of Australia.
Broadcaster Alan Jones rejects the process of choosing the PM for one of his own devising. And we hear one of Jones’ talkback callers explaining the real reason we should be worried about Turnbull.
In this podcast, there’s also talk of agility, estimations, Greek food, Pink Floyd, quinoa, wigs, and intense happiness.Continue reading “The 9pm Malcolmgasm”
The Cabbage for Immigration and Border Protection makes an apology. And there’s some useful lifestyle tips from Western Sydney.
This is the first Public House Forum episode of The 9pm Edict. Others may follow.Continue reading “The 9pm Public House Forum 1”