The week of Monday 1 to Sunday 7 April 2013 was days ago, so once more I’ll just present the basic facts with a random photo.
- Trend Micro’s new paradigm: old (but good) advice in a new bottle, CSO Online, 1 April 2013.
- The Spamhaus attack’s real lessons, Technology Spectator, 2 April 2013.
- Bitcoin: More ideology than trustworthy currency, ZDNet Australia, 4 April 2013. The comments posted on this story are… remarkable.
- On Thursday I spoke about downloading TV programs, with specific reference to Game of Thrones, on ABC 105.7 Darwin.
- I was also a guest on this week’s Download This Show for ABC Radio National. There was mention of teledildonics. It was a great episode. You should listen.
None. But there’ll be plenty this week.
The Week Ahead
Well, Monday’s been done. I wrote a thing for Crikey previewing the Coalition’s broadband policy announcement. We’ll get the actual announcement tomorrow (Tuesday) or the day after (Wednesday, in case you need help working that out), so I’ll write more about it then.
Tomorrow (Tuesday) I’m also taking the train to Sydney for a 1500 meeting in the CBD and subsequent drinks, and then staying overnight for a lunchtime briefing on Wednesday.
The rest of the week will be a mix of writing and geekery, as I choose to take it.
However at some time on the weekend I should be returning to Sydney, to stay there for two weeks while Bunjaree Cottages turns into school holiday mode. In theory. Nothing has been confirmed. And I am actually quite relaxed with this knowledge.
[Photo: Heraldry Overload, an architectural detail on the Union Theatre, Lithgow.]