I also started a new gig on a SEKRIT project. It looks like it’ll be quite fun, but I won’t be able to tell you about it for ages.
- Patch Monday episode 147, “Mid-2012 malware: new flavours, same ice cream”. Has 2012 turned out to be “the year of cyberwar” accompanied by an explosion of Android malware? Hear from Alex Kirk, senior research analyst with the Sourcefire Vulnerability Research Team (VRT); David Hall, Symantec’s consumer spokesperson for Asia Pacific; and Bob Hansmann, senior product marketing manager at Websense.
If ever there was a week that illustrated my transition to grumpy-old-man writing, this is it.
- BYOD: a corporate con job?, Technology Spectator, 26 July 2012.
- Man up, AAPT, you lost customers’ personal data, CSO Online, 26 July 2012.
- Anonymous’ AAPT plunder, Technology Spectator, 27 July 2012.
- On Tuesday night’s regular Balls Radio spot I spoke about malware and dental floss.
The Week Ahead
It looks like it’ll be a relatively easy week, but with most of it spent at Wentworth Falls — both because that’s the schedule and because it’s that end-of-the-month week where I really don’t have any money left.
[Photo: Diary of the Lost Crane being the view from level 12 of the Metro Sydney Central Hotel on a foggy Wednesday morning.]