Monday 17 to Sunday 23 October 2022 was an astounding week in British politics, so I made a podcast. I also had quite a few drinks, but we won’t talk about that. I will mention that there was a lot of rain, however. Thanks, La NiÃ±a.Continue reading “Weekly Wrap 647: So much good food while the UK disintegrated before our eyes”
My week of Monday 11 to Sunday 17 November was spent in Sydney, apart from just one night. Friends persuaded me to avoid the Blue Mountains on Tuesday’s “catastrophic” fire danger day — though things turned out fine up there — and I stayed down for the rest of the week for a few Health Patrol duties.Continue reading “Weekly Wrap 494: Avoiding fires, finding faults, reading court decisions”
My week of Monday 15 to Sunday 21 July 2019 was another one largely devoted to supporting my friend with an acute health problem, although I did get a little interesting work done along the way this time.Continue reading “Weekly Wrap 477: Another week on Health Patrol, with cybers and nuclear weapons”
For nearly two weeks now, Australians have been more afraid of the fear of the risk of terror that ever before. We’re going to war, and the defence minister is an idiot. But don’t worry about why an event on the other side of the world is suddenly a threat here. We’re going to go butt chugging.
What does any of this mean? Who knows.
But we do hear how terrorism alert rankings serve no purpose beyond encouraging a burst of panic and how we won the war on Thai chilli sauce, as well as the evacuation of the Westfield Burwood shopping centre and how that did not relate to any contemporary issue.Continue reading “The 9pm Get Some Goddam Perspective”
Well, one comment. We do seem to be getting back into the writing thing for 2013.
- China not the only ones taking part in cyber spookery, Crikey, 4 February 2013.
- Chinese attacks show up useless infosec, again, CSO Online, 4 February 2013.
- Why Telstra plans to slow you down to fight online piracy, Crikey, 6 February 2013.
- Berners-Lee, Silicon Valley, and Australia’s cultural cringe, ZDNet Australia, 7 February 2013.
None. But wait.
- On Thursday I spoke about Twitter and TV on ABC Radio National’s Media Report.
- Also on Thursday, I spoke about various internet things with Dom Knight on ABC 702 Sydney. I may or may not post the audio. Although I recorded it, there’s a chunk missing because mobile internet.
- On Friday, I spoke about The Global Mail on Radio 2SER’s Fourth Estate.
Still none. Was it something I said?
The Week Ahead
It’s half gone, and I’m making it up as I go along. But Sunday morning I fly to Maroochydore for Kickstart Forum 2013, so I’ll probably be in Sydney on the weekend.
[Photo: Welcome to the People's Democratic Republic of Burwood, being a picture of a building in Sydney’s suburbs that disturbs me, photographed from a moving train.]