It’s the second day of the RuddNet, and everyone’s still getting their heads around it. Here’s a few quick reads to orient you to this… yes… this, the largest infrastructure project in Australia’s history. If it happens.
- NBN: Pricey, but itâ€™s building for the long term, my main Crikey piece covering my thoughts today. Well, some of them.
- Crikey Clarifier: National Broadband Network, Part 2, discussing the key differences between fixed and wireless broadband, and the structure of “the Internet industry”. (Part 1 was yesterday.)
- Secret team kept even ministers in the dark, in which Fairfax’s Chief Political Correspondent Phillip Coorey provides some background.
- Super-fast trip to a world full of surprises, Mark Pesce’s op-ed about the possibilities.
- Kevin Ruddâ€™s partner, comparing RuddNet with the politics of Australia’s first wireless telegraphy link to London. The more things change etc.
There’s bound to be more. Much more. This is a huge story. I’ll try to provide the choice links.