- How Australia’s government-by-parrot is flying backward on drones, ZDNet Australia, 19 January 2018.
- Meltdown and Spectre response hampered by ‘exclusive club’ secrecy, ZDNet Australia, 25 January 2018. This is the first in a series of articles to come out of my coverage of the Linux.conf.au open-source software conference that took place in Sydney this week.
None. Announcements soon.
- There was plenty of food and drink at Linux.conf.au, but I can’t remember who all the sponsors were. IBM was one, though, sponsoring a professional networking event on Thursday night. And Wargaming.net paid for the conference’s coffee.
- On Tue 9 Jan, I spoke about planned obsolescence on ABC Gold Coast. I didn’t record it.
- On Tue 23 Jan, I was interviewed for the story Electoral Commission on defensive after damning report on ABC Radio’s AM
- My 2015 story Telstra CISO blasts cyber ‘attribution distraction’ was cited in the paper Digital Forensic Analysis of Amazon Linux EC2 Instances (PDF) by Kenneth G Hartman.
The Week Ahead
I won’t plan ahead in too much detail. This is the week when Australia returns from its long summer slumber. I know I’ll have errands in Katoomba on Monday. But I’ll also be doing a bunch of writing during the first part of the week, and perhaps right through to the end.
I’ll also sketch out the first few months of the year, especially the podcasts and such. Expect announcements via Twitter.