My week of Monday 8 to Sunday 14 July 2019 was almost entirely devoted to supporting a friend with an acute health problem in Ashfield. I didn’t publish anything, but at least I can tell you about what’s coming up.Continue reading “Weekly Wrap 476: Down the rabbit-hole of healthcare, but not mine”
The week of Monday 1 to Sunday 7 July 2019 was both productive and entertaining. Three stories written, an audiobook listened to, and a jerkbird spoken about.Continue reading “Weekly Wrap 475: A revolutionary cockatoo, plus cybers”
Monday 6 to Sunday 12 May 2019 was quite a productive week, despite cancelling Friday to avoid coming down with a cold. It’s also been fun watching the chaos of Australia’s federal election campaign. Enough said.Continue reading “Weekly Wrap 467: Birds, eggs, and cybers”
Monday 22 to Sunday 28 April 2019 was another short working week thanks to Easter Monday and Anzac Day, but it served as a launchpad for things to come — including some stupid podcast ideas.Continue reading “Weekly Wrap 465: Short week with cybers and jerkbirds”
My work involved, in order, finishing the second instalment of DirectorTech, writing for ZDNet, producing two podcasts, and winding down for the holiday season. Plus laziness about these posts.
- “The 9pm Public House Forum 5”, or The 9pm Edict episode 70, was streamed live and recorded on Sunday 17 December. You can also listen at SoundCloud and Spreaker. You can support this podcast with a one-off contribution via PayPal or major credit cards. Please consider.
- “The 9pm Glorious Cloaca”, or The 9pm Edict episode 71, was streamed live and recorded on Friday 22 December. You can also listen at SoundCloud and Spreaker. Ditto re support.
- Only US tops Australia in Asia-Pacific cyber maturity: ASPI, ZDNet Australia, 12 December 2017.
- Individualism may make you better at catching a phish: Research, ZDNet Australia, 13 December 2017.
- Australian government’s recklessness with medical data is symptom of deeper problems, ZDNet Australia, 19 December 2017.
I also did quite a bit of work on the second instalment of DirectorTech, though just editing and production this time, no original writing from me.
- On Friday 15 December I went to Watterson PR’s Christmas Party at The Deck, Luna Park. To say that there was plenty of food and drink would be an understatement.
- In a follow-up to my story about the hack of an Australian defence contractor, BuzzFeed reported that Defence’s Joint Strike Fighter Team Caught Unaware By “Alf” Hacker Speech.
The Week Ahead
Monday is Christmas Day, which I’ll be celebrating in the company of a kitten in Ashfield. I’ve got a few errands to do on the following days, but this year I’m taking it easy through until the New Year. And that’s as far ahead as I’m looking. Happy Holidays.
[Photo: Cockatoo Swoop. A sulphur-crested cockatoo (Cacatua galerita) swoops down to investigate my shopping trolley behind the Coles supermarket in Katoomba on 19 December 2017.]