- “The 9pm GoatFest Tasmania”, being The 9pm Edict episode 73, was recorded and streamed live from Launceston on Sunday night. It’s also on SoundCloud and Speaker.
- Australia needs more cyber in the middle, ZDNet Australia, 20 February 2018.
- South Australia’s GigCity plan is not what it seems, ZDNet Australia, 21 February 2018.
- On Tuesday, I spoke about the South Australian government’s new plan for broadband on ABC Radio, and was interrupted by a drunk man complaining that I was talking too loudly. A recording will be posted very soon.
- On Thursday, The Weeky Times mentioned that I’d be at GoatFest Tasmania, but somehow I got listed as an “ABC celebrity”.
The Week Ahead
The week begins in Tasmania. On Monday, the morning is the bus ride from Launceston to Hobart, the afternoon is the highly-regarded Museum of Old and New Art (MONA), and the evening is dinner with some friends at Bar Wa Izakaya. Don’t worry, they’re paying.
Tuesday morning will be a much-needed lazy one, then I’m on ABC Hobart talking about goats at 1335 AEDT.
On the evening of Tuesday 27 February, I’m recording a Pivate House Forum episode of The 9pm Edict, a panel show like the Public House Forum episodes but without a live audience. I’m expecting that to be streamed live from Hobart at 2100 AEDT.
Wednesday is a free-ish day in Hobart, before a late afternoon flight back to Sydney. Thursday and Friday are writing days.
I’m travelling to a few cities to present at a commercial event. Details TBA, but I’ll be in Melbourne on Tue 20 Mar, Brisbane on Wed 21, Adelaide on Thu 22 (and staying there through the weekend, I hope), and Sydney on Tue 27.
I’ve launched another Pozible campaign, The 9pm Hometown Forum, which aims to fund a Public House Forum episode of the Edict on Saturday 24 March.
Looking way further ahead:
- Australian Cyber Security Centre (ACSC) Conference, Canberra, 10â€“12 April.
- Australian Cyber Conference, formerly the Australian Information Security Association (AISA) National Conference, Melbourne, 9â€“11 October.
[Photo: Piper in the Gorge. A piper busks on the path through Cataract Gorge near Launceston, Tasmania, on 24 February 2018.]