Ah, 2017. A year when too much politics is not enough. What a year in Australia. What a year in the world.
For the penultimate episode of this podcast for 2017, join us for this live and extremely wonkish conversation from the wilds of suburban Sydney with two smart and informed panellists.
- Paula Matthewson aka @Drag0nista, political analyst and author.
- Josh Taylor, news editor, BuzzFeed Australia.
This episode was recorded in front of a live audience at the West Ryde Hotel in Sydney on Sunday 17 December 2017.
There’s talk of the Bennelong by-election, Australia’s two-party political system, chocolate, the same-sex marriage postal survey, Donald Trump, China, and even the National Broadband Network. Amongst many other things.
Thank you, Media Freedom Citizenry!
The 9pm Edict is supported by the generosity of its listeners.
This episode was made possible by its listeners: THREE TRIGGER WORDS from Frank Filippone, Paul Davis, and two who choose to remain anonymous; ONE TRIGGER WORD each from Daniel Kirton, Paul Williams, Josh Mehlman, Chrissie M, David Heath, KerryAnn Pankhurst, Benno Rice, David King, Nicholas Fryer, Byorgen Druffeldroff, Mick Fong, Jonathan Ferguson, and one who chooses to remain anonymous; FOOT SOLDIERS FOR MEDIA FREEDOM twiddlekins, Jon Lawrence, Ginevra Makes, Karloskar Hall, Gavin Heaton, Ric Hayman, Ian Kath, Rohan Pearce, Errol Cavit, Tim Bell, Larry Lawson, Drew Mayo, and four who choose to remain anonymous; and MEDIA FREEDOM CITIZENS Mercy W Hema, Paul Kidd, and one who chooses to remain anonymous.
THANKS ALSO FOR THE GENEROSITY OF: Paul Robert McElwee.
If you enjoyed this podcast, please throw a few coins into the tip jar.
- Official Bennelong by-election results.
- The Australian Election Study.
- The Wikipedia entry for Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu, and the name spoken by Oriini Tipene-Leach.
- Send phone credits etc via Gifts for Manus and Nauru.
- The 9pm Edict theme by mansardian via The Freesound Project.
- Edict fanfare by neonaeon, via The Freesound Project.
- Elephant Stamp theme by Joshua Mehlman.
- Photograph of the Trinity atmospheric nuclear test, July 1945, by the US Government via Wikimedia Commons.
[Photo: The 9pm Edict Public House Forum 5 being recorded, with (left to right) Stilgherrian, Paula Matthewson, and Josh Taylor on 17 December 2017. Photo ©2017 Maria Conidaris, all rights reserved.]