- Meltdown-Spectre amplifies call for new hardware-software contract, ZDNet Australia, 29 January 2018.
- VicRoads to fill identity theft pothole eventually, ZDNet Australia, 31 January 2018.
- Farewell Soapy, but will Australia’s new attorney-general be any better?, ZDNet Australia, 9 February 2018. Senator George Brandis is off to London. His replacement is Christian Porter.
A fourth piece I wrote has yet to appear.
- On Wednesday 7 February, I spoke about Elon Musk on ABC Melbourne in a distinctly informal conversation.
- On Friday 9 February, I discussed the matter of what we did before Google and other search engines on ABC Adelaide.
None. But as you’ll have seen, I’ve launched The 9pm GoatFest Tasmania crowdfunding campaign to finance a podcast from GoatFest Tasmania on Sunday 25 February, and then a Public House Forum on Tuesday 28 February. Stay tuned for updates.
The Week Ahead
I’ve avoided locking my goals into specific days of the week, because it just ramps up stress for no real benefit. But this week must have a fixed pattern.
On Monday, I’m shopping in
Penrith for various personal items, while writing for ZDNet and doing other bits and pieces en route.
On Tuesday, I’m heading to Sydney for the wedding of my ZDNet commissioning editor Chris Duckett during the afternoon and on into the evening. I plan to stay in Sydney overnight, which I consider to be a sensible precaution. I’ve kept Wednesday free of commitments too. On Thursday, there’s a media lunch with CrowdStrike, before a return train back to the Blue Mountains and, that evening, wrapping up the Pozible campaign.
Friday will be a writing day, I suspect.
If all goes well, I’ll be at GoatFest Tasmania in Launceston on Sun 25 Feb, then recording a Public House Forum podcast in Hobart on Tue 27 Feb.
Looking way further ahead:
- Australian Cyber Security Centre (ACSC) Conference, Canberra, 10â€“12 April.
- Australian Cyber Conference, formerly the Australian Information Security Association (AISA) National Conference, Melbourne, 9â€“11 October.
Update 12 February 2018: Edited to reflect a schedule change for Monday.
[Photo: Narrow Platform. A woman walks along Platform 2 at Wentworth Falls station just before a train arrives on 9 February 2018.]