November 16th, 2012

@ApostrophePong I met Germain Greer the other weekend, at the Sydney Opera House thing. She kept touching me. @danilic is a witness.

via Janetter for Mac in reply to ApostrophePong

OH, waiter: “Are you pregnant?” Customer: “No, I’m just fat.”

via Janetter for Mac

RT @ApostrophePong: Don’t give me one of these when you’re back from Australia instagr.am/p/SFVREBPGBx/ [There goes my Xmas present idea. Sigh.]

via Janetter for Mac

Well that was interesting.

via Janetter for Mac

@btckr “Cool outside air?” Not today. Not here in Coffs Harbour anyway.

via Janetter for Mac in reply to btckr

Story filed for @TechRepublic. That took way longer than expected.

via Janetter for Mac

This writing malarkey is not going well today. Disgruntled.

via Janetter for Mac

RT @SisterMorphine: I thought it was “Truth will set you free” or maybe “cocaine”. Yes, cocaine will set you free! [SO WHERE CAN I FIND IT?]

via Janetter for Mac

Pollytics If anyone was wondering what the press conference was about, Tony Abbott -the founder of Facebook - announces an anti-cyber bullying regime

via TweetDeck (retweeted on 11:44 AM, Nov 16th, 2012 via Janetter for Mac)

Pollytics Abbott’s appearing on ABCNews24 soon for a press conference. Something about him becoming General Secretary of the Chinese Communist Party

via TweetDeck (retweeted on 11:33 AM, Nov 16th, 2012 via Janetter for Mac)

OK, I’m writing now. Because work will set me free.

via Janetter for Mac

@Pollytics @schlutes I thought GetUp! tore down the Berlin Wall. Are you sure you have your history right?

via Janetter for Mac in reply to Pollytics

I think I might just go back to the crying.

via Janetter for Mac

@matt_steadman @wolfcat Erm, yes, that was the precise piece of history to which I was referring.

via Janetter for Mac in reply to matt_steadman

Translated, “You poor people wouldn’t be so poor if you sent your children out to work instead of wasting time on education.” OK then.

via Janetter for Mac

“Work will set you free,” says a Young Liberal, clearly missing some historical knowledge. menzieshouse.com.au/2012/11/-repea… HT @wolfcat

via Janetter for Mac

Sorry, in what way are these new marine parks a “network”? Why are you parroting this word?

via Janetter for Mac

RT @jeamland: I think @stilgherrian will find this useful: thisisindexed.com/2012/11/where-… [Yes. Thank you. Also @SnarkyPlatypus.]

via Janetter for Mac

That’s that session done. Sugar fix at morning tea is required before retiring to my room to write.

via Twitter Web Client

s_bridges Inevitably, perhaps, it involves chemtrails.

via Tweetbot for Mac (retweeted on 10:20 AM, Nov 16th, 2012 via Janetter for Mac)

Oh. The Cisco Unified Contact Centre system delivered the functionality of the Cisco Unified Contact Centre system.

via Janetter for Mac

RT @caseyjohnellis: it’s christmas party season!!! lock up your HR department [More excellent advice.]

via Janetter for Mac

During changeover and training period, notes stuck on the toilet doors were more effective than emailing people.

via Janetter for Mac

The rest of the process seems standard. Though they took 18 staff to view tenderers’ reference sites to get a consensus view.

via Janetter for Mac

Step 1: Audit. Two passes of walk-around to check. Included asking what staff wanted in the new system.

via Janetter for Mac

RT @ZenPsycho: i have a solution: buy a hat, put the hat on top of the phone. optional: unplug phone [Commendable. ]

via Janetter for Mac

jpwarren Nothing says progress like “sub-committee”

via TweetDeck (retweeted on 9:53 AM, Nov 16th, 2012 via Janetter for Mac)

Phones had previously been managed by telephonist, no-one allowed to touch it. Retired suddenly. Reverse-engineering needed stat.

via Janetter for Mac

Previously the 30 sites and 650 endpoints had a mix of Ericsson and NEC PABXs with 40 different types of handsets.

via Janetter for Mac

RT @SnarkyPlatypus: Copenhagen Ducks! instagr.am/p/SEUVD7C2nk/ [Thanks the gods, something sensible at last!]

via Janetter for Mac

Next up, Helen Brown, Campbelltown City Council. “Unified Communications Implementation.” She did this before for Army in Afghanistan.

via Janetter for Mac

It ends. My soul has died.

via Janetter for Mac

HE IS WRAPPING UP HIS PRESENTATION BY TELLING THE STORY OF CHRISTOPHER COLUMBUS. COLUMBUS WOULD HAVE SORTED THE TREE INSPECTION FORMS.

via Janetter for Mac

This is more the sort of presentation you give your boss to show how SPESHUL you’ve been, rather than for anyone to learn from. Sigh.

via Janetter for Mac

Those tree inspection numbers have been the ONLY concrete facts presented about this project.

via Janetter for Mac

THE TREE INSPECTOR CAN NOW INSPECT UP TO 20 TREES A DAY WHEN BEFOREHAND HE COULD ONLY DO 6 AND THEY DON’T PRINT IT ON PAPER ANY MORE.

via Janetter for Mac

I think @lehimesa was right. I should have just started with the crying.

via Janetter for Mac

This is just a list of the steps of a project. Apparently they started with a plan, and later had some testing before they went live.

via Janetter for Mac

It might reflect my current mood, but so far there hasn’t been a concrete thing that’s worth relaying to you.

via Janetter for Mac

RT @oberonsghost: The best Turkish Delight this side of the Bosphorus comes from Auburn. [THIS we need to know. ]

via Janetter for Mac

@jturner_ibrs I hope you managed yo keep your cybers secure. All the cybers are under threat these days.

via Janetter for Mac in reply to jturner_ibrs

Oh. A list of factoids about Auburn City Council. These are things you probably do not wish to know.

via Janetter for Mac

First up, “Mission Possible: Do More With Less” with Sarju Saha, MIS, Auburn Council.

via Janetter for Mac

The final Local Government IT Conference sessions begin. I shall hashtag stuff should you wish to filter it out.

via Janetter for Mac

RT @lehimesa: Start with the crying. Then you can work with a clear mind. [Probably true, but I’m already on a path to another poor choice.]

via Janetter for Mac

The general’s mistress’ password was hackable in 17 hours, tops. It took so long because it was a fairly good password. erratasec.blogspot.co.uk/2012/11/the-ha…

via Janetter for Mac

Maybe I coud skip all that work stuff and go straight to the crying.

via Janetter for Mac

Fri plan: 0915 Local Govt IT Conference sessions; 1030 write for @TechRepublic; fix client’s email template; cry; TGIF in Coffs Harbour.

via Janetter for Mac

RT @jeamland: Slashfic involving @stilgherrian and Malcolm Tucker. For when “talking dirty” isn’t even remotely enough.

via Janetter for Mac

@BernardKeane “Eurozone Recession Bears”? I think @SnarkyPlatypus was at that bar earlier!

via Janetter for Mac in reply to BernardKeane

Yeah that worked pretty much as expected. You should all be ashamed of yourselves.

via Janetter for Mac

Tweeting vague, hollow slogans makes you look more intelligent and everyone’s else’s lives more fulfilling.

via Janetter for Mac

DroneInsertion DRONES WATCH THE BOXCARS PASS, EACH FULL OF TWEETS, HEADED FROM THE HEARTLAND TO THE FRONT LINES.

via TweetDeck (retweeted on 7:26 AM, Nov 16th, 2012 via Janetter for Mac)

And as if on cue, outside a family of kookaburras starts laughing too.

via Janetter for Mac

RT @oisinlunny: Anonymous warns Israel: ‘No one cuts internet on our watch!’ — RTrt.com/news/gaza-isra…J via@RT_comm [Hilarious. I smile now.]

via Janetter for Mac

Hopefully @dobes won’t see any of these tweets and will believe whatever story I end up trying to tell him.

via Janetter for Mac

RT @yellowjkt: @myrcurial @stilgherrian The dingo ate your sobriety? [Yes, this also works.]

via Janetter for Mac

Ah that would be it, thanks @myrcurial. “Man, I feel awful. I was so Australian last night!” [nods] Works for me.

via Janetter for Mac

Was I drinking last night? It feels like I was drinking.

via Janetter for Mac

The forecast for Coffs Harbour today is 30C, showers developing, chance of a storm. I hope I get time to see the storm properly.

via Janetter for Mac

Fri plan, draft: Write for @TechRepublic; Local Govt IT Conference wrap; fix client’s email template; TGIF in Coffs Harbour.

via Janetter for Mac

AngelineSchaaf So, do otherkin try to stuff themselves into cat crates for their airplane trips?

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 6:33 AM, Nov 16th, 2012 via Janetter for Mac)

Oh this’ll be good. Friday. Oh dear.

via Plume for Android