September 30th, 2017

Transmitters off. See you in Sydney.

@paulkidd I was booked on the 2pm flight on Wednesday which, it turns out, was three days ago. This proved to be sub-optimal.

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to paulkidd

free_facts Finland is the least important country

via Free Facts (retweeted on 3:08 PM, Sep 30th, 2017 via TweetDeck)

“The Repressive, Authoritarian Soul of ‘Thomas the Tank Engine & Friends’” newyorker.com/culture/rabbit…

MaddowBlog Asking people with no electricity to register for FEMA aid by phone or internet is not a well-considered plan. snpy.tv/2woiAH1

via SnappyTV.com (retweeted on 2:28 PM, Sep 30th, 2017 via TweetDeck)

davpope (Tone Def in his glory days, spinning his hits at the National Press Club after the 2015 Qld election) pic.twitter.com/44hLNdWdXl

via Twitter for Android (retweeted on 2:02 PM, Sep 30th, 2017 via TweetDeck)

davpope Half time in the marriage equality postal survey
*heads outside for some kick-to-kick* pic.twitter.com/SC9dkubpMk

via Twitter for Android (retweeted on 2:02 PM, Sep 30th, 2017 via TweetDeck)

wordpressdotcom We’re proud to announce a 4,294,967,295 character count limit on all WordPress.com blog posts.

via Twitter Web Client (retweeted on 1:53 PM, Sep 30th, 2017 via TweetDeck)

ProductHunt Stack Overflow just released a keyboard pic.twitter.com/cBkKHcB2RE

via Twitter Web Client (retweeted on 1:34 PM, Sep 30th, 2017 via TweetDeck)

Sat plan, version 2: 1600 VA859 MEL-SYD; head to Ashfield. That’s DEFINITELY all I can cope with today.

RadioFreeTom You can all stop tweeting me with your expert views on disaster relief and your plan for PR. All I said was: Berlin airlift analogy is dumb.

via TweetDeck (retweeted on 1:27 PM, Sep 30th, 2017 via TweetDeck)

How long should I wait for a reply, I wonder.

@jodiem Thanks. If it wasn’t the end of the month and gutted account time I’d just fly and then claim back. I am ju..twitter.com/i/web/status/9…9I

via TweetDeck in reply to jodiem

Messaging the person who booked the ticket, hoping they’re not at the football, because that would be even more hilarious.

So I’ve arrived at MEL to discover that my flight back to SYD was booked for three days ago, not today. Laughing.

@RealNickHodge Oddly enough you’re the second person to point me to that post. Is it something about nuclear reactors?

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to RealNickHodge

Sat plan: 1400 VA849 MEL-SYD; head to Ashfield. That’s all I can cope with today.

franksting Lucky them. NWA are awesome. twitter.com/jaydisc/status…

via Tweetbot for iΟS (retweeted on 10:59 AM, Sep 30th, 2017 via Tweetbot for iΟS)

Twice as much Cupboard Boy at a time, eh?

Me at @zdnetaustralia Friday: “Technology innovation is about knowledge not gadgets” zdnet.com/article/techno…

GiovanniTorre Puerto Rico: Help!
Trump: ?
PR: It’s a crisis
T: uhhuh
PR: People are dying
T: Things going well. Great response!
PR: Help!!
T: *golfing*

via Twitter Lite (retweeted on 9:53 AM, Sep 30th, 2017 via TweetDeck)

selectedwisdom “The alphabet…it’s got letters, lots of them are consonants, lots of them, but some are vowels & we all know what..twitter.com/i/web/status/9…cI

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 9:50 AM, Sep 30th, 2017 via TweetDeck)

@garthk Excellent, thank you. I suspect nuclear reactors could be a lot of fun.

via TweetDeck in reply to garthk

@Gin_ev_ra These are good ideas. There are many reasons to love wedgetails.

via TweetDeck in reply to Gin_ev_ra

NarratedUSA Actually, this was the third time this month such a situation had occurred. twitter.com/abc/status/913…

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 9:31 AM, Sep 30th, 2017 via TweetDeck)

Locals suggest naming new Melbourne railway stations Brockway, Ogdenville, North Haverbrook, etc. theage.com.au/victoria/peopl…

HardDriveMag Why Spend $80 on an SNES Classic When You Can Install Emulators on Raspberry Pi and Never Shut the Fuck Up About It?
thehardtimes.net/harddrive/spen…

via TweetDeck (retweeted on 9:18 AM, Sep 30th, 2017 via TweetDeck)

TimBartholomaus I have never seen a better photo of an ice shelf (ice sheet gone afloat) than this. Contrast w/ sea ice, which you..twitter.com/i/web/status/9…SX

via Twitter Web Client (retweeted on 9:10 AM, Sep 30th, 2017 via TweetDeck)

@AussiemacJ Yes I really don’t know how you ordinary people get along.

via TweetDeck in reply to AussiemacJ

MalwareJake Someone, quick record the date! Linux is finally usable (maybe) for home users! twitter.com/egyp7/status/9…

via Twitter for Android (retweeted on 8:56 AM, Sep 30th, 2017 via TweetDeck)

GRRM I’m fine with @Twitter going to 280… more Characters for me to kill.

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 8:52 AM, Sep 30th, 2017 via TweetDeck)

@ladyhana @danilic No no, in the context that getting help to Puerto Rico is difficult because of the big water.

via TweetDeck in reply to ladyhana

danilic Who knew islands could be so complicated—twitter.com/CBSNews/status…7

via Twitter for Android (retweeted on 8:42 AM, Sep 30th, 2017 via TweetDeck)

Restaurant Manager: How are you this morning?
Me: Dreadful, thank you.
RM: Excellent. Your coffee is coming now.

TKoutsantonisMP Tell @TurnbullMalcolm he is the PM of the entire country not just Sydney. Grow up & do your job or get out of the w..twitter.com/i/web/status/9…y5

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 8:36 AM, Sep 30th, 2017 via TweetDeck)

maddow hahahahahahahahaha twitter.com/kerpen/status/…

via Twitter Web Client (retweeted on 8:19 AM, Sep 30th, 2017 via TweetDeck)

UnburntWitch hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah..twitter.com/i/web/status/9…4R

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 8:18 AM, Sep 30th, 2017 via TweetDeck)

NewtonMark We are mere hours away from Tony Abbott being asked what he thought about the Macklemore performance.

via Tweetbot for iΟS (retweeted on 8:18 AM, Sep 30th, 2017 via TweetDeck)

GonzoHacker Meanwhile, at Peter Thiel’s compound pic.twitter.com/6mqfXuKMZX

via Twitter Web Client (retweeted on 8:01 AM, Sep 30th, 2017 via TweetDeck)

@max_au Yeah they doled them out to the media when Twitter opened its Sydney office. Massive suck-up.

via TweetDeck in reply to max_au

I’m pretty sure I can blame someone else for this.

Je suis very untidy.

Sat plan, very early draft: 1400 VA849 MEL-SYD. That is literally the only thing I need to or even could focus on today.

TechnicallyRon Men: Feminists are ruining what it is to be a man and making us look like fools
Also men: pic.twitter.com/sjvCWyAFEp

via Twitter for Android (retweeted on 7:06 AM, Sep 30th, 2017 via Tweetbot for iΟS)

I’m fairly sure I’m not dead. Despite how I feel. About 80% sure.

That thing where you have to use Find My iPhone and Google Maps to reconstruct the last few hours.

Saturday. You are in for a big surprise. Saturday.

Melbourne is cunt of a city.

@Asher_Wolf Well exactly. Terrible people have been involved. Terrible people.

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to Asher_Wolf

This will not end well.

YES OF COURSE I KNOW WHERE I’M GOING.