September 27th, 2018

Right then. I’m definitely trying to get some sleep now. See you in the morning for this flying to South Australia thing.

@michaelmeloni They didn’t have a Pikachu cap in my size. :( But thanks.

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to michaelmeloni

@Manic_Henry Thanks, Henry. I was slightly worried because I was 8 from 8 and then missed the 9th. But that was my..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…Z0

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to Manic_Henry

Larakate This is so deeply deeply San Francisco, I can’t. twitter.com/bjanosch/statu…

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 9:19 PM, Sep 27th, 2018 via Tweetbot for iΟS)

@melissamadsen @NewtonMark @nazzer These sound straightforward steps. Assuming there is an EPIRB.

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to melissamadsen

I don’t see why not, eh @SnarkyPlatypus? I do like the concept of Sanga Nullius. twitter.com/TheFeedSBS/sta…

@SnarkyPlatypus I suppose I should watch the promo but it doesn’t sound very realistic.

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to SnarkyPlatypus

michaelneale The year is 2099 and @stilgherrian has managed to remain awake. He gets a letter from President Nikki Webster congr..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…7o

via Tweetbot for iΟS (retweeted on 9:08 PM, Sep 27th, 2018 via Tweetbot for iΟS)

AND WE’RE DONE! Thank you, everyone. The final total is $2138. More on the morning.

@SnarkyPlatypus Wot. I thought it was uniformed geeks at computers but what would I know.

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to SnarkyPlatypus

@melissamadsen @NewtonMark Thank you. That reminds me, I need to grab some things before Mark arrives tomorrow. Water and nibbles.

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to melissamadsen

@staticsan @elronxenu @NewtonMark Thanks. I hope to share the joy, because I got the appropriate patch cable to hoo..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…b5

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to staticsan

Sadly, @GreenJ, it has the spinny thing and not the whooshy thing. twitter.com/stilgherrian/s…

@NewtonMark @nazzer Of course I will listen. Despite appearances, I take this shit seriously.

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to NewtonMark

@elronxenu @staticsan @NewtonMark I’ve never been seasick or airsick so I think I’ll be fine. It’s looking like an easy flight.

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to elronxenu

@bigbadave @elronxenu @NewtonMark I don’t think Mark and I will be doing peyote before take-off.

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to bigbadave

@NewtonMark I should mention that you will be able to follow our progress on @flightradar24 by searching for VH-SOL.

@NewtonMark The plan is Bankstown to Wagga Wagga to Swan Hill to Goolwa. Each hop is about 90 minutes, more or less..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…QT

ICYMI, tomorrow I’ll be taken on a journey by Mr @NewtonMark in his aeroplane. We should be starting at 0830 AEST f..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…3A

@NewtonMark All in all it sounds like a pleasant flight. Until you “gently disorient” me.

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to NewtonMark

@NewtonMark Lovely. That’s what I was getting from reading the Forecast For Proles earlier. So still doing the Murray Bridge dogleg?

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to NewtonMark

I must try to stay awake until 2100. I slept very badly last night, however, so I’m fading fast.

There’s 45 minutes left. Thank you to the two new supporters who just added to the pot. I’ll reply individually in..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…wg

I think the hashtag for tomorrow is and the episode will be titled “The 9pm Sierra Oscar Lima”. Or possibly Sierra Oscar Llama.

@SnarkyPlatypus We all need a seal to bring us fresh octopus.

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to SnarkyPlatypus

@NewtonMark @manindotblack I’ll tweet all the details and pictures of the flight plan in the morning.

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to NewtonMark

This octopus thing is going to run for a while, isn’t it.

My remaining task it to stay awake until @NewtonMark has consulted the weather oracles and confirmed that I need to..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…Y9

@RydeMePeek @ApostrophePong Oh of course. I think it’s the women’s equivalent of a bloke being a tradie at a mine s..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…XF

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to RydeMePeek

A little over an hour left. I don’t think the stretch goal will happen, but you should still support my rubbish pod..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…xd

@DrJJoyner Well “belonging” is an ambiguous word. I should stop digging into American politics, though, even if I w..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…Qr

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to DrJJoyner

@DrJJoyner Can’t get grumpy and say “Stop interrogating me” though. :) I suspect the US agencies are even more bure..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…FQ

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to DrJJoyner

@RydeMePeek OK, that’s extra respect. One Rugby World Cup, @ApostrophePong and I ended up drinking with the beer pr..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…Hm

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to RydeMePeek

@DrJJoyner Oh that’s a point. But yeah, the procedure must be followed, right? Sigh.

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to DrJJoyner

I say, 7Mate is a classy channel.

@DrJJoyner Are you ever tempted to just make shit up? “He seemed really interested in how document fraud worked and..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…rh

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to DrJJoyner

@jeamland I mean I was. My phone has forgotten how to words.

@arizclint Yes, I’m sure that’s what we were talking about.

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to arizclint

I use the word “barmaid” deliberately. I know it’s often seen as sexist, but the women who barkeep at working class..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…4b

Barmaid opens my Coopers. It froths over.
Me: “Oh, could you wipe that down for me thanks? I need to preserve my so..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…4r

@DavidFeng Wait, this is Hanoi? Because Ho Chi Minh City’s train is being built by Japan.

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to DavidFeng

@jeamland I wasn’t trying to get through to a contact centre.

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to jeamland

Apple’s new Screen Time utility is disturbing. pic.twitter.com/QDzkSkjd8M

via Twitter for iPhone

JustJimWillDo Has nobody tried to find out what the octopus thought about it all?

via TweetDeck (retweeted on 6:21 PM, Sep 27th, 2018 via Tweetbot for iΟS)

@PointlessAU Shall I give you more praise, @markhumphries? You and @_AndrewRochford are continuing to make the for..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…5e

The first board on @PointlessAU tonight is excellent.

@NewtonMark Tomorrow Mr @NewtonMark is taking us to Wagga Wagga, Swan Hill, and Goolwa in his aeroplane.

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to NewtonMark

I agree. This is a classic of the genre, and you can see — if you know how to look — the early evolution of Harry Stwitter.com/i/web/status/1…JpBZ

@MichaelByrnes That’s the one. The Hume Hotel. I’m here so I’m close to Bankstown Airport for tomorrow morning.

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to MichaelByrnes

GuardianAus South Australia’s Tesla battery on track to make back a third of cost in a year trib.al/ePGDJC7

via SocialFlow (retweeted on 5:45 PM, Sep 27th, 2018 via Tweetbot for iΟS)

@bastardsheep Different tribe. They’re called “Tradies”.

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to bastardsheep

Classic working-class pub loyalty scheme: get the “Monty’s Mates Rates” swipe card for 20% off all food and drinks.

@NewtonMark I remember. :) Meanwhile I showed the barmaids your aircraft and they’ve decided we’re crazy.

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to NewtonMark

@andrewlockcono So far there’s no sign of rogue earthmoving equipment.

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to andrewlockcono

I haven’t explored Yagoona before. I noticed a Lebanese sweets shop just down the road with a window full of delectables. I must come back.

I think I’m the only male under 60 not wearing hi-viz.

I walk into the Hume Hotel. First words from the bar manager: “Hi, you’ve got an accommodation booking?”
Me: “Er, y..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…z3

@NewtonMark I see that the weather forecast has improved, at least from our perspective.

@ssharwood “So PRs send less shit,” you say? I too would like a pony.

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to ssharwood

Dealing with an ibis.

Right. Time to make my way to Yagoona.

via Twitter Web Client in reply to stilgherrian

JarniBlakkarly Huge turnout of SBS staff to farewell MD Michael Ebeid pic.twitter.com/RK2LqbqSsv

via Twitter for Android (retweeted on 4:11 PM, Sep 27th, 2018 via TweetDeck)

edwinheathcote This is the English version of ‘American Gothic’ isn’t it? pic.twitter.com/EPZDXDb9tQ

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 4:11 PM, Sep 27th, 2018 via TweetDeck)

bengrubb I’m so very glad that German multinational pharmaceutical and life sciences company Bayer supports My Health Record..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…sb

via Twitter Web Client (retweeted on 4:10 PM, Sep 27th, 2018 via TweetDeck)

johnb78 As far as displays of anger go, this from a Kiwi is roughly equivalent to an American telling you to fuck off or a..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…KD

via Twitter for Android (retweeted on 4:10 PM, Sep 27th, 2018 via TweetDeck)

thehistoryguy This is the greatest existential threat to the British monarchy since Bonnie Prince Charlie marched into Derby in l..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…0P

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 4:06 PM, Sep 27th, 2018 via TweetDeck)

dobes What colour smoke is coming out of the chimney in Ultimo?

via TweetDeck (retweeted on 4:05 PM, Sep 27th, 2018 via TweetDeck)

@oberonsghost @SnarkyPlatypus It’s a format of its time, but it’s not that time any more. Middle-class white woman..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…QR

via TweetDeck in reply to oberonsghost

Making it out of Maggie Beer, I hope. twitter.com/SnarkyPlatypus…

“It’s time to get things straight with China” (20 Sep) aspistrategist.org.au/its-time-to-ge…

dan_lepard True, they have that “mouth full of cum” quality that not everyone enjoys 🥚 🐓 twitter.com/chezbruce/stat…

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 3:48 PM, Sep 27th, 2018 via TweetDeck)

KrangTNelson I’m hooting and hollering pic.twitter.com/v8FYFtmosS

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 3:44 PM, Sep 27th, 2018 via TweetDeck)

So this is where I’m staying tonight. Sadly it’s not Friday. pic.twitter.com/nxhiVJCELH

tande64 @simongerman600 I made this map a while ago, total population per time zone pic.twitter.com/5ULwBTbr1A

via Twitter Web Client (retweeted on 3:37 PM, Sep 27th, 2018 via TweetDeck)

SquigglyRick The ABC is now LEADERLESS at both levels. Now is the time to swoop and free Big Ted and Jemima from their chains.

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 3:36 PM, Sep 27th, 2018 via TweetDeck)

@garystark @NewtonMark Surely it is easier to make a larger cap than a smaller head.

via TweetDeck in reply to garystark

If only my sex life was this rich and varied. twitter.com/SnarkyPlatypus…

@NewtonMark They were really quite small, though.

via TweetDeck in reply to NewtonMark

@rohan_p @dobes Mate. Branded hakkeri hupperi. You know it makes sense.

via TweetDeck in reply to rohan_p

@VirginAustralia I’ve got a VA flight ADL-MEL as part of an EY booking ADL-MEL-AUH-IAD. Neither app will let me cha..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…9t

Hmmm. Central to Yagoona by @T3SydneyTrains takes 41 minutes, and there’s rather a few too many K-Set and S-Set ser..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…p5

nlagovau In the 1930s when a woman’s place was considered to be the home, Maude Rose ‘Lores’ Bonney decided she preferred th..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…I6

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 2:50 PM, Sep 27th, 2018 via TweetDeck)

Thu plan, remainder: Wander to Yagoona (soon), where I’m spending the night; a tiny bit of client WordPress wrangli..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…nc

via Twitter Web Client in reply to stilgherrian

@jeamland Of course. This is how it works.

via TweetDeck in reply to jeamland

@GreenJ @Valentine702 Have we established the name of the seal yet?

via TweetDeck in reply to GreenJ

Also, Sky News Under the Doona will be apoplectic tonight.

So where is Mitch Fifield in all this?

@ApostrophePong @sebasu101 @SnarkyPlatypus Something like that, and it has been very successful. UTS and UNSW are s..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…g9

via TweetDeck in reply to ApostrophePong

Chilli basil chicken and Young Henry’s Newtowner Ale, being lunch. Khob khun maak krub, Khun Wit! pic.twitter.com/egc5bAHEia

via Twitter for iPhone

@ApostrophePong @sebasu101 @SnarkyPlatypus Australia has also decided to make international students into a big business.

via TweetDeck in reply to ApostrophePong

atrembath San Francisco:

A SKYSCRAPER IS SINKING INTO THE EARTH

*bans scooters*

WE USED THE WRONG GIANT BOLTS ON THE BAY..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…Aq

via TweetDeck (retweeted on 2:17 PM, Sep 27th, 2018 via TweetDeck)

@ApostrophePong @SnarkyPlatypus It surprised at how small Thaitown was in Singapore. It’s basically one building. Good food stalls though.

via TweetDeck in reply to ApostrophePong

@sebasu101 @ApostrophePong @SnarkyPlatypus Well this is the thing. Sydney has a more developed Thai community than,..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…3L

via TweetDeck in reply to sebasu101

@phantasmaglo That’s the dilemma in all this, right? It’s like the Socialist Alliance kids using their smartphones..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…hk

via TweetDeck in reply to phantasmaglo

@ApostrophePong Heh. Two-day-old kaw kor moo yang would be dangerous. @SnarkyPlatypus had a question the other day…twitter.com/i/web/status/1…nG

via TweetDeck in reply to ApostrophePong

@jpwarren @jeamland @SnarkyPlatypus @NewtonMark Do ABC board members have a printing allowance?

via TweetDeck in reply to jpwarren

Hey @ApostrophePong, Khun Wit has some excellent lunch specials now. pic.twitter.com/5nle0K0Hc4

@jpwarren @jeamland @SnarkyPlatypus @NewtonMark One question I have is what was the rest of the board doing in the meantime.

via TweetDeck in reply to jpwarren

@jeamland @SnarkyPlatypus @NewtonMark It’s certainly clear there were some toxic governance issues there. But havin..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…pM

via TweetDeck in reply to jeamland

@phantasmaglo Apple, like SO many other electronics makers, use Foxconn. They’re the largest employer in the world…twitter.com/i/web/status/1…7u

via TweetDeck in reply to phantasmaglo

@danieljbaird @strikhedonia01 @jasminchill Ah. It’s wasn’t on SQ about 18 months ago, so there’s some timeframes to work within.

via TweetDeck in reply to danieljbaird

@dmeeze @NewtonMark @JustJimWillDo Is this the point where I say “joystick”?

via TweetDeck in reply to dmeeze

@NewtonMark @JustJimWillDo I’m roughly the same now. I had to resist my instincts this morning, when it was still 3..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…QE

via TweetDeck in reply to NewtonMark

In Adelaide I’ll be recording a chat with @NicholasFryer based on your TRIGGER WORDS plus our personal issues. Amon..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…MA

HEY KIDS! JUST SEVEN AND A HALF HOURS REMAIN. Pledge now to support my terrible podcasts through “The 9pm Flying Vi..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…r2

@jeremy_gans Not to mention packaging, freight, sales and marketing, support, warranty repairs, and a sense of smug satisfaction.

via TweetDeck in reply to jeremy_gans

@JustJimWillDo @NewtonMark I reckon it’d get hot wearing a onesie in the cockpit at low altitude. Mark has reminded..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…nv

via TweetDeck in reply to JustJimWillDo

Amused by the “outrage” that an iPhone XS is priced significantly more than its raw manufacturing cost.

@NewtonMark They also had tiger onesies in adult sizes.

Well, @NewtonMark, I got plan black cap from Paddy’s Markets. I was going to get a Pikachua cap but they only had t..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…MP

Heading to Paddy’s Markets and then lunch in Haymarket.

This is excellent and why didn’t I know about it? twitter.com/justinschuh/st…

@CptHollingworth I’d have thought it’d be more an SBS thing.

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to CptHollingworth

@davispg The building was AMP plus high-end law firms and the like. They’ll be fine.

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to davispg

I’ve been in a meeting. Milne is gone?

It’s the Tower of Power of Transformation, apparently. pic.twitter.com/VNLp0ZaN48

mims Facebook was unhappy with Whatsapp’s encryption because it thwarted advertising. Co-founder Acton left because he t..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…dB

via Twitter Lite (retweeted on 10:51 AM, Sep 27th, 2018 via Tweetbot for iΟS)

Two awesome reviews of the latest Google app. pic.twitter.com/vGi3yl4NsX

@BXGD Indeed. I’d better get into it very now.

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to BXGD

BIAUS .@Qantas has announced Toowoomba as the site of its new $35 million aviation school, which will train up to 250 pil..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…iU

via TweetDeck (retweeted on 9:57 AM, Sep 27th, 2018 via Tweetbot for iΟS)

TheOnion Kavanaugh Sobering Up After 35-Year Bender Shocked To Find Out He’s Supreme Court Nominee trib.al/vl2hztt pic.twitter.com/gmmet05xxj

via SocialFlow (retweeted on 9:56 AM, Sep 27th, 2018 via Tweetbot for iΟS)

NewtonMark We now invite Australia’s tech journalism community to come forward with emails and records of phone calls depictin..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…1c

via Tweetbot for Mac (retweeted on 9:52 AM, Sep 27th, 2018 via Tweetbot for iΟS)

@R_Chirgwin @NewtonMark I’ve just examined the map. What a silly river.

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to R_Chirgwin

@NewtonMark Is that the Nepean that far southwest? If so, I stand corrected.

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to NewtonMark

Crossing the Nepean, for the last time until mid-October. instagram.com/p/BoNSqoKhT-W/…

via Instagram

snurb_dot_info I guess perhaps the kayaker is democracy, the octopus is Trump, and the seal is Putin ?

via TweetDeck (retweeted on 9:09 AM, Sep 27th, 2018 via Tweetbot for iΟS)

@rohan_p @dobes Well obviously. I might have to subscribe to their web site.

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to rohan_p

snurb_dot_info Somehow this seems like a perfect metaphor for these troubled times. Not sure who is the seal and who is the octopu..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…8i

via TweetDeck (retweeted on 9:06 AM, Sep 27th, 2018 via Tweetbot for iΟS)

mjrowland68 The ABC understands a board meeting is happening today without the Chairman, Justin Milne. @abcnews

via TweetDeck (retweeted on 9:05 AM, Sep 27th, 2018 via Tweetbot for iΟS)

FINAL 12 HOURS: Please help me make more terrible podcasts. Pledge your support to “The 9pm Flying Visits” @Pozible..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…xm

jonkudelka CSI: Ultimo in the @australian pic.twitter.com/R7l5OKvrB9

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 8:43 AM, Sep 27th, 2018 via Tweetbot for iΟS)

SquigglyRick Sky News just crossed to Stuart Robert and he was taking a selfie and didn’t know he was on.

via TweetDeck (retweeted on 8:42 AM, Sep 27th, 2018 via Tweetbot for iΟS)

@CARROT_app Your work is, as always, appreciated.

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to CARROT_app

Is this because gay men have a different kind of yeast? twitter.com/jdmar3/status/…

Thu plan, confirmed: 0824 train to Sydney (now); 1100 interview; client WordPress work; lurk in Yagoona; data wrang..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…Au

Dear Sydney People, if you’re looking for something to do, it’s a lovely spring day in the Blue Mountains…twitter.com/i/web/status/1…tv

@SontaranPR @NuclearAnthro Stupid seal, throwing away a perfectly good fish.

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to SontaranPR

@NewtonMark I’ll just do a really big poo tomorrow morning.

@NewtonMark Also, fuck, my bag with laptop, recording thingy, and underpants weighs 6.5kg we’re going to die.

@NewtonMark Shit I forgot about that. Taxi is about to arrive so can’t grab my NCIS cap which an NCIS special agent..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…fL

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to NewtonMark

glengyron What you have to understand is that Justin Milne has been infected with Internet Brain Worms for longer than many of you have been alive.

via Twitter for iPad (retweeted on 7:34 AM, Sep 27th, 2018 via TweetDeck)

ANNOUNCEMENT: One of the interviews I’m recording in Washington DC will be the remarkable Mike Godwin (@sfmnemonic)..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…QL

Nice try, New Zealand, but even @NuclearAnthro will concede that there’s nothing venomous involved here. twitter.com/nzherald/statu…

Thu plan, draft: 0824 train to Sydney; 1100 interview; client WordPress work; haircut; lurk in Yagoona; data wrangl..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…rB

sidneyfussell Y’all really are using George RR Martin to urge people to meet a deadline?? twitter.com/hbo/status/104…

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 6:20 AM, Sep 27th, 2018 via TweetDeck)

“The 9pm Flying Visits” Portal of Your Generosity closes tonight at 2100 AEST. Thanks to 44 supporters we’re at 120..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…uu

via Twitter Web Client

Thursday. Every journey starts with a single pair of underpants. Thursday.