November 4th, 2021

@aaronstein1 Surely inflatable missiles would be easy to track.

via TweetDeck in reply to aaronstein1

@dobes @RealNickHodge I amuse myself in such pathetic ways.

Anyway this cow makes for a nice new profile pic, at least for a few days. pic.twitter.com/CKTe0Nd0Y5

@PositiveEnAus Anyway, folks, you have fun over there with your self-congratulatory brochureware site and later up..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…5S

@PositiveEnAus Better not use the webby bit of the World Wide Web, namely the hyperlinks. Lol. Maybe we should use..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…uo

@PositiveEnAus It feels like this was insisted upon by someone in a consultancy who half-read a news story about th..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…9Y

Lol the government’s @PositiveEnAus PR account reckons it can have its own “commenting rules” on Twitter. They seem..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…FZ

“A combined total of 120 of the PDP-7 and PDP-7A were sold. A DEC publication states that the first units shipped t..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…J2

Goddammit and I just sourced the photos. Stand by for a PDP-7. (I did thing PDP-8 felt wrong but I am getting old.) twitter.com/cat4lyst_Ma/st…

I’m a day late to this it seems, but it’s certainly a significant day. twitter.com/bsdimp/status/…

thegallowboob they both look annoyed as fuck pic.twitter.com/AuRjQDWLzG

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 11:07 PM, Nov 4th, 2021 via TweetDeck)

” ペンギンの群れ同士すれ違う瞬間がかわいい” or something to do with penguins I don’t really know. (0m26s) youtube.com/watch?v=8bH3Dt… For @HappySinger.

Just watched “Frayed” S02E06, the final, on ABC iView. Bravo to @Sarah_Kendall and team. A fantastic series. Here’s..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…yD

coolauntV are duolingo employees ok? pic.twitter.com/PUgOJQQET3

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 10:39 PM, Nov 4th, 2021 via Tweetbot for iΟS)

@dobes On anything in particular? :)

via TweetDeck in reply to dobes

paleofuture you might think this was a weird burger but this was normal. everyone ate these for dinner in the 50s twitter.com/the_60s_at_60/…

via Twitter Web App (retweeted on 10:03 PM, Nov 4th, 2021 via TweetDeck)

@dobes Here’s the full BAE Systems video about the BvS10 armoured all-terrain vehicle. It’s quite erotic, or someth..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…1W

adamjohnsonNYC Man, that semester of journalism school where they teach reporters to have the most generous, literal-minded and ah..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…9Q

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 9:21 PM, Nov 4th, 2021 via TweetDeck)

@viveka @jsleeio I don’t think I’ve seen any of them apart from a couple eps of the first series.

via TweetDeck in reply to viveka

@jsleeio That sounds magnificently boring. :)

via TweetDeck in reply to jsleeio

Reminder: Do not watch The Bad Program.

@akent @expectproblems Yeah that “grits with lobster tail” one threw me too. I’m not entirely sure what grits even are.

via TweetDeck in reply to akent

@jetztgibtshaue You did that deliberately didn’t you. Still, I appreciate the effort.

via TweetDeck in reply to jetztgibtshaue

@expectproblems But your food taste is definitely not that. It’s clearly skewed to American food concepts too.

via TweetDeck in reply to expectproblems

@joelmcourtney Oh that bit is fascinating, in a very nerdy way.

via TweetDeck in reply to joelmcourtney

However my highest-performing media tweet (one with an image or video or whatever in it) was this observation on a..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…HO

Weirdly, my “highest-performing” tweet for October was this lame mansplaining about timezones. twitter.com/stilgherrian/s…

EmoPhilips for that, you can thank the vampire bat

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 7:58 PM, Nov 4th, 2021 via TweetDeck)

EmoPhilips many people don’t believe vampires exist

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 7:58 PM, Nov 4th, 2021 via TweetDeck)

EmoPhilips the vampire bat has a scary name but does much good, eating up to twice its weight in vampires every year

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 7:58 PM, Nov 4th, 2021 via TweetDeck)

“Your food choices resemble those of the upper-middle class (60.71%).” Lol worth being sent to that private school,..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…t6

“Frankie Boyle’s New World Order” S05E02c youtube.com/watch?v=Oik0xY… For the attention of @dobes.

Hello @dobes, you’ll like Mr Rowe’s vision of nature for tomorrow. pic.twitter.com/m0WWZpoVCx

This looks like a very good session at 1630 AEDT but I’ll have to watch it on the recording because I need a brief..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…71

@JustJimWillDo @Pinboard Always the one for attention to detail, eh?

via TweetDeck in reply to JustJimWillDo

JonathanPieNews Look, occasionally, and I do mean VERY occasionally, the Daily Fail comes up with the goods. pic.twitter.com/OcfDXDjvP4

via Twitter Web App (retweeted on 3:17 PM, Nov 4th, 2021 via TweetDeck)

Pinboard You can get a far more realistic and tourist-free Mars experience by filling a walk-in freezer with dry ice and sit..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…uT

via Twitter Web App (retweeted on 3:14 PM, Nov 4th, 2021 via TweetDeck)

Pinboard The Mars LARPers in Utah are angry because tourists have grown fond of visiting their pretend Mars base. Climb into..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…ud

via Twitter Web App (retweeted on 3:13 PM, Nov 4th, 2021 via TweetDeck)

jperlow “Rare image of an adjustable wrench mom feeding her young” pic.twitter.com/t7oi5t4djH

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 3:10 PM, Nov 4th, 2021 via TweetDeck)

“I don’t know, I can imagine quite a bit.” pic.twitter.com/3NySqWgabR

timothyjgraham So it turns out Tim Smith has called numerous people ‘idiot’ on Twitter. Now he’s part of the club! pic.twitter.com/4GVGGspTHs

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 2:29 PM, Nov 4th, 2021 via TweetDeck)

Lunch break. There’s a thing on during the break but I’ll skip that because, well, lunch.

@jpwarren But I also deducted the initial 7-minute intro.

@jpwarren Yes. People will always start with general statements before we can drill down into specifics.

via TweetDeck in reply to jpwarren

Per this comment, we’ll essentially get everyone’s answer to this question and one other, provided their answers ar..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…bE

At the moment the discussion is still on whether communications essential and what essential means and examples of..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…xf

@jpwarren We have been on the same page rather a lot lately and it worries me.

via TweetDeck in reply to jpwarren

This is a lot of people for a 45-minute panel. We’re still doing the intros. How many seconds each will the panelli..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…3Y

@tacticalmaid That is indeed quite a colossal beast.

via TweetDeck in reply to tacticalmaid

This next panel is about the internet as an essential service. pic.twitter.com/SEAfNtepQh

During the break earlier we heard about this: .aucheck is an initiative by @ASPI_ICPC in coop with @auda to support..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…40

@tacticalmaid This is fabulous. I assume from a 1950s movie?

via TweetDeck in reply to tacticalmaid

Waratah sequence 2021, day 65. I was busy yesterday, but two days after the last photo we can see further gradual d..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…tx

via Twitter Web App in reply to stilgherrian

Thursday update: Critters have begun to eat the Halloween Face. We can see both birds and mammals at work here. It..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…nM

via Twitter Web App in reply to stilgherrian

I’m not tweeting this panel because reasons, but you can see some people’s thoughts on the hashtag.

PICK THE SNAKE?!?! Apparently if I can do this I am a human. But I have to be able to do it twice. pic.twitter.com/MkglwrIfp5

@samfloreani Thanks. I’m hoping I’ll remember to keep it up to date.

via TweetDeck in reply to samfloreani

As an aside, I recently posted a list of all the cyber and security-ish legislation and consultations currently on..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…mJ

I missed the Q&A with Dr Feakin because I was distracted locally. The panel on critical infrastructure has started,..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…Tt

Australia is making it clear in international forums that it does not support this more authoritarian model. (Note..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…b7

Feakin is talking about how the multi-stakeholder governance model for the internet is under threat and should not..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…JW

@jpwarren As we’ve learned over the years, from ketamine to ivermectin, drugs are for humans.

via TweetDeck in reply to jpwarren

@ashabeeeee Oh dear, I see what you mean lol.

via TweetDeck in reply to ashabeeeee

@TFeakin @AusAmbCyberTech Oops that is a most unfortunate screenshot, so here is a slightly less bad one…twitter.com/i/web/status/1…10

@jpwarren It’s an even better view from up here on our high horses.

via TweetDeck in reply to jpwarren

If you don’t want to use Zoom then the video stream is also over here. twitter.com/ISOC_Live/stat…

I will now switch to because I am nothing if not obedient.

They’ve said the official hashtag is rather than just , as if tweets weren’t already timesta..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…TE

Starting shortly at 1000 AEDT, the NetThing Internet Governance Forum. @NetThing_au Program at..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…Dl

Hey @markhumphries I think I’ve figured out who that text messages was meant to be for.

(I can’t explain this pri..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…hk

mjrowland68 Alan Jones: “Sky News have indicated to me that they will not renew my contract, which ends on November 30.” His fi..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…KJ

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 9:39 AM, Nov 4th, 2021 via TweetDeck)

sophieelsworth BREAKING: Alan Jones is departing @SkyNewsAust. His last show will air tonight. More soon via @australian @aus_media

via Twitter Web App (retweeted on 9:30 AM, Nov 4th, 2021 via TweetDeck)

Thu plan: 1000 AEDT NetThing internet governance forum netthing.org.au; in the background some data wrangli..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…ZV

@eckym @ellinghausen He probably has a call button to summon an aide.

via TweetDeck in reply to eckym

It’s a grey and soggy day in the Blue Mountains today. Enjoy. pic.twitter.com/wMBtFOylsq

@ellinghausen Good heavens, this tweet got so much attention overnight. It’s as is people have feelings about the p..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…df

Thursday. That novelist was correct. You remember? The one you read in school. Totally correct. Thursday.