November 20th, 2021

WhoresofYore Kneeling Nun, Recto, (1731) by Martin Van Meytens the Younger.

On one side of the painting is the image of a pious..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…jQ

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 11:40 PM, Nov 20th, 2021 via TweetDeck)

JustJimWillDo Heads up! New Ze Frank video.

True Facts: Lurking in the Deep.

Crikey, it’s 18 hours old. What are you doing, You..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…yp

via TweetDeck (retweeted on 10:35 PM, Nov 20th, 2021 via TweetDeck)

“We have no way of knowing if there’s a conflict of interest”? Almost by definition this is a conflict of interest! twitter.com/crikey_news/st…

dcuthbert Fail open safe something something pic.twitter.com/9mrDfRyK9X

via Twitter for Android (retweeted on 8:37 PM, Nov 20th, 2021 via TweetDeck)

@JustJimWillDo Yep. You’ve basically got source files, which you can add processing to, like layers of a Photoshop..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…UJ

via TweetDeck in reply to JustJimWillDo

@MsDodgyDog Hahah yes only the males are that glossy violet-black.

via TweetDeck in reply to MsDodgyDog

@JustJimWillDo Most people don’t do it this way. I just happen to be familiar with this complexity and, as I say, I am an idiot.

@JustJimWillDo In this bit, for example, I manually create the volume envelope on the Themes channel because I don’..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…Wc

@JustJimWillDo I have a slightly more complicated workflow because I’m an idiot. I use an automated tool to mix the..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…tk

@JustJimWillDo Very nearly. Editing is arranging the audio items in time. Mixing is arranging the relative volume o..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…hz

via TweetDeck in reply to JustJimWillDo

Also I should probably say that the podcast’s title is “The 9pm Edict” so that’s what you’re looking for in your podcast app.

The next episode will be with @drspacejunk herself. We’re recording on Tue 23 Nov, i.e. this coming Tuesday. If you..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…fa

If you enjoy this episode, please tell your friends and maybe even empty your wallet at the9pmedict.com/tip. Th..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…yo

NEW PODCAST: “The 9pm Proletarian Apocalypse in Orange with Fr Karl Sinclair” @FrKarlSinclair (1h29m18s)..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…AD

Right. Back to the podcast editing. I want to get this episode on the line tonight, so I won’t be paying much attention here.

via Twitter Web App in reply to stilgherrian

derekbarry Fair bit to unpack here twitter.com/moistenedtart/…

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 2:20 PM, Nov 20th, 2021 via Tweetbot for iΟS)

BazzaCC Tonight I am going to do the test again, because this morning I woke with a headache & feel like I am coming down w..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…Bn

via Twitter Web App (retweeted on 2:19 PM, Nov 20th, 2021 via Tweetbot for iΟS)

BazzaCC Home COVID test:
1. Pour a large glass of red wine, try to smell it.
2. If you can smell the wine then drink it &..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…Dh

via Twitter Web App (retweeted on 2:19 PM, Nov 20th, 2021 via Tweetbot for iΟS)

sexenheimer Enough Illuminati! A bit of illuminati was fine, but this is ENOUGH pic.twitter.com/zkeVL6YVKX

via Twitter Web App (retweeted on 1:52 PM, Nov 20th, 2021 via Tweetbot for iΟS)

technihilism you can’t steal my beer and drink it because the enjoyment is generated by cracking a cool one and contemplating th..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…2l

via Twitter Web App (retweeted on 1:45 PM, Nov 20th, 2021 via Tweetbot for iΟS)

@dobes @twcau I reckon I’ve got the harder horn on.

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to dobes

nikitabier There are two types of dudes in tech:

1. Married midwestern boy with 2 kids
2. Polyamorous Burning Man guy who dr..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…0u

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 1:38 PM, Nov 20th, 2021 via Tweetbot for iΟS)

@dobes @twcau The skunk fur hat is a nice touch.

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to dobes

@twcau Very wow indeed. Hey @dobes waddayareckon?

via TweetDeck in reply to twcau

@bunjaree @rainparrot Easy peasy. Anything predicted to be patchy or variable up in the Mountains usually peters ou..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…yj

@JustJimWillDo We don’t really get dropbears in this patch. Sad.

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to JustJimWillDo

My errands are done. It takes 20 minutes to stroll back to @bunjaree, but the @rainparrot currently reckons I’ve on..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…5s

Right, time to attempt walking to the village and back while the Rain Parrot tells me I have a clear hour and a bit.

via Twitter Web App in reply to stilgherrian

@zaploi @SatPaper still, 7/10 is completely respectable.

via TweetDeck in reply to zaploi

incomputable I wished for a long time Windows was more like Linux. With Windows 11, my dream is finally becoming true: I cannot..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…d7

via Twitter Web App (retweeted on 11:49 AM, Nov 20th, 2021 via TweetDeck)

BernardZuel Well I’m convinced. twitter.com/thetopjob/stat…

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 11:29 AM, Nov 20th, 2021 via TweetDeck)

patriottakes What an articulate and cogent argument. pic.twitter.com/0izL2OljEv

via Twitter Web App (retweeted on 11:15 AM, Nov 20th, 2021 via TweetDeck)

Waratah sequence 2021, day 80. Not much change since yesterday, but with three days of rain ahead I’m expecting the..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…4N

via Twitter Web App in reply to stilgherrian

@mercurial7082 @SatPaper The third answer on that page says there’s been a treaty.

via TweetDeck in reply to mercurial7082

I got a completely average 6/10 in the @SatPaper quiz today. thesaturdaypaper.com.au/quiz/2021/11/20

Question 6 is a fantastic que..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…08

@eddit0r Shipping and storage is not my problem.

via TweetDeck in reply to eddit0r

@eddit0r If you like I can send you Jasmine’s phone number, but I suspect they’re not interested in selling single units. :)

via TweetDeck in reply to eddit0r

Fine choice of front page photo this week, @SatPaper. pic.twitter.com/HeJ3jVh5Y0

@TheIronMonk3 From context I’m going with “lake”.

via TweetDeck in reply to TheIronMonk3

“New York City Is Building a Wall of Oysters to Fend Off Floods” bloomberg.com/news/features/…

Jasmine would like to sell me a kayak. Or rather, a lot of kayaks. pic.twitter.com/EuXkcetmhK

Sat plan: The usual slow start with a few chores; podcast post-production; fetch some wine from the village (when i..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…CG

The keyword for the Blue Mountains today is “moist”. pic.twitter.com/5H52RCrj2E

Saturday. A horn sounds in the distance, then another. Has the time finally come? You will learn the answer soon en..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…1A