My week of Monday 19 to Sunday 25 August 2019 saw a return to productivity, finally. It even included a long-overdue podcast. Hurrah!
- “The 9pm Authoritarian Tentacles”, being The 9pm Edict episode 90. It’s also on Spreaker and SoundCloud.
- Relying on bug bounties ‘not appropriate risk management’: Katie Moussouris, ZDNet Australia, 19 August 2019. If I had my life over again, I’d include the word “solely” in the title. Bug bounties can be a valuable tool.
- Medical device cybersecurity will be rubbish for 20 more years, ZDNet Australia, 21 August 2019.
- AEMO ‘concerned’ about nation-state attacks on power grids, ZDNet Australia, 22 August 2019.
- On Monday and Tuesday I was covering the Gartner Security & Risk Management Summit at the Hilton Sydney and there was plenty of food and drink. I didn’t stay for the alcohol though.
The Week Ahead
On Monday afternoon I’m heading back down to Sydney for a few more days at Ashfield. There’s some appointments associated with Health Patrol to be dealt with through to Wednesday, as well as some of my own medical things, plus a lot of errands.
On Thursday night I’m flying to Adelaide, spending Friday doing… something TBA.
On the weekend I’ll be in Willunga, close to where I grew up, for a party and a podcast training session.
The following week is full of travel. I return to Sydney on Monday night, and on Wednesday I’m heading to Bangkok for a few days. On Sunday I’m taking the daytime train from Bangkok to Chiang Mai.
Here’s what’s planned beyond that. Please let me know if there’s anything I should add. Send airline tickets.
- APNIC 48, Chiang Mai, 10–12 September 2019.
- Australian Cyber Conference 2019, Melbourne, 8–10 October 2019. The excellent Australian Cyber Security Centre (ACSC) Conference is now rolled into this event.
- iapp ANZ Summit 2019, Sydney, 29–30 October 2019 (TBC). That’s the International Association of Privacy Professionals.
[Photo: Crossing the Harbour, through advertising. Crossing Sydney Harbour Bridge on a bus, the photograph being taken through the on-window advertisement on 1324August 2019.]