Here are the web links I’ve found for 25 April 2009 through 27 April 2009, posted with postingness.
- Noteboek | Vimeo: Evelien Lohbeck’s short film creates a notebook computer out of a paper notebook.
- Nirvana “Smells Like Teen Spirit (8-Bit Remix)” | DoseNation: Somehow, this hugely-successful rock song still sounds good played on cheesey 8-bit synthesisers.
- Towards a Taxonomy of blogs | Creative Economy Online: Meta-journalist Margaret Simons reckons that before we descend into the loggers versus journalists debate then we should define our terms. She proposes a classification of blog types.
- Rooftop STUB | Flickr: Will Hughes’ stills photography of Saturday’s party.
- What is wrong with Strawberry Amyl Nitrate? | Vimeo: Will Hughes took this video at Saturday’s rooftop party in Surry Hills. It contains rather too much of me, and certainly too much of my tongue.
- slow down london: Running from 24 April through to 4 May, this festival about “living life in real time” is striking a chord.
- Is Social Media Too Fast? | Convince & Convert: Jason Baer kicks off a discussion about the incredible pace of social media. “This of course requires me to jump from task to message to task to message like a Russian dancing bear on crack,” he says. Perhaps it’s time to choose to slow down? I’ll definitely have more to say about this anon.
- “One Of My Biggest Pet Peeves Is A Girl Who Is Not Probably Groomed On All Parts Of Her Body” – Arthur Kade | Jezebel: There is just so much wrong with this man’s worldview that I don’t know where to begin.
- a warning from the newspaper biz | overland literary journal: Can the book industry learn from what’s happening to newspapers? Amongst the great questions asked is: “Will an author’s share of revenue on e-books be a traditional fixed percentage, or a variable, we’re-not-going-to-tell-you-what-we-received-from-your-work-but-here’s-a-quarter-go-buy-yourself-something-nice percentage of advertising revenue that Google might deign to dole out (as it does with ad revenue to site/blog owners)?”
2 Replies to “Links for 25 April 2009 through 27 April 2009”
Thanks so much for including my post in your links. Appreciated. Great list.
@Jason Baer: Hey no problem. Your essay was actually the inspiration to the opening monologue in last week’s edition of Stilgherrian Live, so you may want the check the first 13 minutes of the video.
Comments are closed.