Crusader Rabbit sacks his chief whip, and then goes the full crazy racist uncle. And Nicholas Fryer explains the One and a Half Ferrets of the Apocalypse. Ah, such joy!
In this podcast there’s talk of terrorism, shopping trolleys, cheap pinot noir and much more.
Ei incumbit probatio qui dicit, non qui negat.
If you’d like to comment on this episode, please add your comment below, or Skype to stilgherrian or phone Sydney +61 2 8011 3733. The audio comment judged best for February will win a slightly read copy of John Birmingham’s new novel Emergence.
Everyone who subscribes before the end of February 2015 will receive a free ebook with my writings on surveillance, politics and the Five Eyes alliance. More details soon.
This episode, it’s welcome to no-one, because there’s been no new subscribers since the last episode. Again. But many thanks to generous one-off donor Glen Germaine. Much appreciated.
- A Message from the Prime Minister, 14 February 2015. You’ll find both the video and the transcript on that page.
- “Advance Australia Fair”, the Australian national anthem.
- The Wikipedia article on presumption of innocence.
- Public confidence in the New South Wales Criminal Justice System, NSW Bureau of Crime Statistics and Research (BOCSAR), 12 February 2015.
- North Korea publishes list of over 300 weird new patriotic slogans. What do they mean?, Boing Boing, 13, February 2015
- “Born before 1990? Whatever. We don’t care. Tell us about the war or something, grandpa,” tweeted John Kelly, 14 February 2015.
- GOP lawmaker calls women “a lesser cut of meat”, Salon, 14 February 2015.
- “Every move they make, every step they take. We’ll be watching our foreign adversaries. #HappyValentinesDay from the #NSA #vday2015,” tweeted the NSA’s Public Affairs Office, 14 February 2015.
- You Are Not So Smart podcast, episode 36, The Dunning-Kruger Effect.
- Scientific Evidence That Self-Promoters Underestimate How Annoying They Are, Science of Us, 17 October 2014.
- Podcasts caught during 2014, by Alex Marsh.
- Covert Contact podcast, episode 3, Crypto Wars: Winners, Losers, and the Case for Compromise.
- 5 Podcasts That Should Be TV Shows, Televised Revolutuion, 16 September 2014.
- War in PM Tony Abbott’s cabinet over six month wait for the dole, Sunday Telegraph, 15 February 2015.
- The 9pm Edict theme by mansardian via The Freesound Project.
- Edict fanfare by neonaeon, via The Freesound Project.
- Elephant Stamp theme by Joshua Mehlman.
- Photograph of the Trinity atmospheric nuclear test, July 1945, by the US Government via Wikimedia Commons.