Papua New Guinea suddenly remembers it’s not a colony any more and acts like a real nation. Nicholas Fryer makes some modest proposals. And there’s terror in the streets of Baltimore.
In this episode, there’s talk of hedgehogs and weasels, refugees and terrorism, and more.
If you’d like to comment on this episode, please add your comment below, or Skype to stilgherrian or phone Sydney +61 2 8011 3733.
Thank you, Media Freedom Citizenry
- Bacon Sandwich audio from The Bill.
- Man In Hedgehog Onesie With Fake Bomb At TV Station Thought World Was Ending, Dad Says, BuzzFeed, 30 April 2016.
- Baltimore Bomb Threat Suspect’s Device Was Made of Candy, CBS Baltimore, 28 April 2016.
- Human rights and the politics of fear, ABC Radio National’s Sunday Extra, 1 May 2016.
- Cut Your Own Meat audio from a TV clip tweeted by Malcolm Turnbull, 11 April 2016.
- “Boomers want millennials to know it was patience and hard work – not luck – that got them into the #housing market”, tweet by Four Corners, 2 May 2016.
- Is this Australia’s biggest baby ever?
- F-35 chief considers fix for troubling Block 3i software faults, Flightglobal, 27 April 2016.
- Election 2016: Federal government to run $8m national security advertising blitz during campaign, Sydney Morning Herald, 1 May 2016.
- ‘If It Doesn’t Add Up, Speak Up’, via Daily Mail Online, 29 April 2016.
- PNG Supreme Court rules detention of asylum seekers on Manus illegal, ABC Radio’s PM, 26 April 2016.
- PNG announces Manus Island Centre to close, ABC Radio’s PM, 27 April 2016.
- More to come…
- The 9pm Edict theme by mansardian via The Freesound Project.
- Edict fanfare by neonaeon, via The Freesound Project.
- Elephant Stamp theme by Joshua Mehlman.
- Photograph of the Trinity atmospheric nuclear test, July 1945, by the US Government via Wikimedia Commons.
[Photo: The Adult Hedgehog Onesie Bomber, courtesy WJZ-13 CBS Baltimore.]