A disturbing new news genre emerges from Florida. We discover certain frustrations in relation to the Pie People. And we learn the correct way to respond when Australia’s education minister Christopher Pyne speaks.
In this podcast, there’s talk of government, spin, Joe Hockey, Bill Shorten, and selfies. And Florida. Obviously.
This episode, there’s no new subscribers to acknowledge, but it’s a big thank-you to generous one-off contributors Kate Shepherd, Dave Gaukroger, Jodie Miners, Jon Lawrence, and someone identified only as Yeah Nah. Much appreciated.
- Porn-addicted Disney employee masturbated in Florida Walmart, flicked semen on shopper: charges, New York Daily News, 2 April 2015. Audio from WESH TV in Orlando, Florida.
- Audio of Rt Hon Peter Mannion MP (Roger Allam) from The Thick of It, somehow.
- Laura Tingle’s Being governed by fools is not funny, Australian Financial Review, 19 March 2015.
- States are getting enough federal funds: Hockey, ABC Radio’s AM, 15 May 2014.
- Audio of Reclaim Australia rally in Melbourne, 4 April 2015, from ABC News.
- Bill Shorten on Channel Nine’s Weekend Today, 4 April 2015. There’s also a transcript.
- The 9pm Edict theme by mansardian via The Freesound Project.
- Edict fanfare by neonaeon, via The Freesound Project.
- Elephant Stamp theme by Joshua Mehlman.
- Photograph of the Trinity atmospheric nuclear test, July 1945, by the US Government via Wikimedia Commons.
[Photo: Mug shot of Florida resident Taylor Davis, via New York Daily News.]