It’s now 20 years since Pauline Hanson first entered the Australian parliament with her controversial views. Well now she’s back. At last Saturday’s federal election, Queensland voters propelled her into the Senate.
Hanson isn’t worried about just Asians these days. She’s targeting the supposed threat of Islam. And there’s more — much more — in the policy agenda of Pauline Hanson’s One Nation. It’s time to take a closer look.
In this special episode of the Edict, we go inside the mind of Pauline Hanson’s One Nation, as Stilgherrian reads their entire policy agenda — live. Every single word. You’ll also hear some of Pauline Hanson’s political wisdom in her own words.
Many thanks to this episode’s special guest host Carol Duncan.
You can listen to the podcast below. But if you want all of the episodes, now and in the future, subscribe to the podcast feed, or subscribe automatically in iTunes, or go to SoundCloud or Spreaker.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 2:43:05 — 102.1MB)
Thank you, Media Freedom Citizenry
This episode is supported by generous contributions from Adam Baxter, Bob Ogden, Corinne, Daniel, dot jif guy, Drew, Hammy, Jason Langenauer, Joel, Jono, Nick Lawrence, Paul Davis, Rashas Moustaches, Rohan Pearce, Rosemarie Ryan, stringy, The Lovely Corinne, Tim Bell, twiddlekins, and the pantsless donator — and four people who’ve chosen to remain anonymous. Many thanks.
If you enjoyed this podcast, please throw a few coins into the tip jar.
- Excerpt from Pauline Hanson’s maiden speech to Parliament via ABC News.
- Pauline Hanson makes comeback after political debut two decades ago, ABC Radio’s AM, 3 July 2016.
- “Get out of your glass houses!” — Pauline Hanson slams Islam and Islamic immigration, Channel Seven’s Sunrise.
- Pauline Hanson Defends Australian’s Right to Home Ownership, Channel Seven’s Sunrise.
- Reclaim Australia Rally, Pauline Hanson speech, Brisbane, via YouTube
- Pauline Hanson – “Do you want to see terrorism on our streets here?”, 7News.
- One Nation leader Pauline Hanson fires up at Lisa Wilkinson.
- Pauline Hanson unimpressed by Halal joke – News.com.au.
- Pauline Hanson Won’t Sell Her House To Muslim.
- The songs “Backdoor Man” and “I Don’t Like It” by Pauline Pantsdown aka Simon Hunt.
- The 9pm Edict theme by mansardian via The Freesound Project.
- Edict fanfare by neonaeon, via The Freesound Project.
- Elephant Stamp theme by Joshua Mehlman.
- Photograph of the Trinity atmospheric nuclear test, July 1945, by the US Government via Wikimedia Commons.
[Photo: Pauline Hanson via SBS News. Former (then) One Nation leader Pauline Hanson speaks to her former advisor, 2UE radio host David Oldfield during his morning program in Sydney, Thursday, 24 March 2011. The pair had not seen each other for 11 years. (AAP Image / Tracey Nearmy)]