As I wait for my aircraft to board, I ponder the many, many words which have been written about Kevin Rudd’s victory. I’ve come to a conclusion. When I return to Australia in 10 days I, like so many voters, will expect a Golden Age to have been implemented. Anything less than the following is unacceptable.
- Global warming to have ceased completely.
- All oil usage to have ended, forever.
- A personal solar-powered hovercraft for all Centrelink benefit recipients.
- A free case of Coopers Ale for everyone adult male.
- Two packets of Iced VoVo biscuits for every family with children aged 12 or younger.
- Malcolm Turnbull installed as Leader of the Opposition, with Julie Bishop as his deputy.
What else? What else do we expect from Chairman Rudd?