December 23rd, 2013

@TheStallion88 To be honest, I don’t think it’s about party politics. It’s about setting good long-term targets and trusting the engineers.

via Janetter for Mac in reply to TheStallion88

@TheStallion88 Thanks very much. It frustrates me that the politicians are quibbling over the details and forgetting the big picture.

via Janetter for Mac in reply to TheStallion88

Sweating like a pig. A pig made of sweat, but without a pig in it.

via Plume for Android

Transition complete.

via Plume for Android

The Transition proceeds according to schedule.

via Plume for Android

@expectproblems “Monsieur Pasteur’s Improved Bovine De-Farter”

via Plume for Android in reply to expectproblems

@expectproblems Milk is essentially cow-juice with the farts pasteurised out.

via Plume for Android in reply to expectproblems

This all seems eerily familiar.

via Plume for Android

Beginning The Transition.

via Janetter for Mac

bitcoin_txt is there any bitcoin chan or something like that?

via TweetDeck (retweeted on 4:23 PM, Dec 23rd, 2013 via Janetter for Mac)

Preparing for The Transition.

via Janetter for Mac

Watching an odd and distinctly out of place little dance. Curious.

via Janetter for Mac

If that just means “beer” then I think even less of your planet than before.

via Janetter for Mac

@Tilaurin @JohnBirmingham May I suggest “Sharehouse Zombie Apocalypse” from @expectproblems? It’s KINDA good… youtube.com/watch?v=08rESA…

via Janetter for Mac in reply to Tilaurin

explanoit We’d be lucky if a sucker was only born once a minute. If that were true we’d be living in a scifi utopia with sexbots and no-hangover beer.

via Twitter Web Client (retweeted on 3:02 PM, Dec 23rd, 2013 via Janetter for Mac)

bitcoin_txt For the first time in our lifetimes we are dealing with a Currency that encourages us to be conscious of our Consumption.

via TweetDeck (retweeted on 2:49 PM, Dec 23rd, 2013 via Janetter for Mac)

I think it’s worth reminding people that this is what startup people do when left to their own devices. valleywag.gawker.com/startups-humil…

“Giant Christmas goat”?

via Janetter for Mac

ReprieveAU Seeking Vietnamese speaking law students for a special assignment. Email seasia.coordinator@reprieve.org.au for further details.

via Twitter Web Client (retweeted on 2:39 PM, Dec 23rd, 2013 via Janetter for Mac)

RT @PointZeroOne: so many goats. [I know it can be overwhelming. Just start at one end, and take rest breaks as you need them.]

via Janetter for Mac

RT @BlogsofWar: Afghans set up Belgium protest camp goo.gl/ynyZtZ [Yeah about time someone did something about Belgium.]

via Janetter for Mac

Eating with a Splayd, partying like it’s 1979.

via Janetter for Mac

People celebrating their status as independent thinkers unsullied by religious dogma with a joke festival from a TV show.

via Janetter for Mac

expectproblems Beaches are basically just really badly maintained pools with bonus poisonous things.

via Tweetbot for iOS (retweeted on 1:57 PM, Dec 23rd, 2013 via Janetter for Mac)

johnb78 About to go to Australia. Hoping I won’t get interned, separated from my family and resettled on a malarial rock. Just kidding, I’m white.

via Twitter for Android (retweeted on 1:46 PM, Dec 23rd, 2013 via Janetter for Mac)

I never even knew that ducks WERE a dynastic society until this week.

via Janetter for Mac

RT @Lyall: I’d be smug if I was an oversized kingfisher that ate snakes. [Fair point.]

via Janetter for Mac

“Det Sen-Constable McKinnon alleged the incident was fuelled by alcohol.” Uhuh.

via Janetter for Mac

“A man allegedly bit off part of another man’s ear after an argument over kittens escalated,” as they do. geelongadvertiser.com.au/news/geelong/a…

via Janetter for Mac

SHUT UP KOOKABURRAS YOU SMUG FUCKING TROLL BIRDS.

via Janetter for Mac

AstroKatie Utah compared ER visits + jail ($16,670) for homeless vs apartment + case worker ($11,000) & decided to be frugal: nationswell.com/one-state-trac…

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 12:25 PM, Dec 23rd, 2013 via Janetter for Mac)

ben_hr Pedestrian may not have fully thought this through… or maybe they havepic.twitter.com/7PCiZDtp4Q4Q

via Tweetbot for iOS (retweeted on 12:21 PM, Dec 23rd, 2013 via Janetter for Mac)

AstroKatie America. RT @calestous: Paid maternal leave around the world- pic.twitter.com/7lFrgkED9Y via @Amazing_Maps

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 12:14 PM, Dec 23rd, 2013 via Janetter for Mac)

GreenJ The rest of you can go as fast as you like pic.twitter.com/cj8INwc1oV

via iOS (retweeted on 12:13 PM, Dec 23rd, 2013 via Janetter for Mac)

I see that The America has tuned into “60 Minutes” so they can shout at it again. Well done.

via Janetter for Mac

RSAsecurity RSA categorically denies it entered into secret agreement to weaken ow.ly/s0c0q

via Hootsuite (retweeted on 11:45 AM, Dec 23rd, 2013 via Janetter for Mac)

spikelynch And they knelt and paid him homage, and offered him gifts of beta-carotene, salt, and monosodium glutamate.
—the Adoration of the Maggi

via Tweetbot for iOS (retweeted on 11:40 AM, Dec 23rd, 2013 via Janetter for Mac)

Vice_Is_Hip ‘I think I can really make a difference’ - Why Robert Downey Jr wants to adopt himself

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 11:40 AM, Dec 23rd, 2013 via Janetter for Mac)

bitcoin_txt Bitcoins teaches us how to Value Real things.

via TweetDeck (retweeted on 11:21 AM, Dec 23rd, 2013 via Janetter for Mac)

jeanburgess If “only 2 out of 10 customers get their Australian passport application right the first time,” SHOUTY INSTRUCTIONS may not be the answer

via Twitter for Mac (retweeted on 11:20 AM, Dec 23rd, 2013 via Janetter for Mac)

@snerdish Isn’t that a “Lost in Space” episode?

via Janetter for Mac in reply to snerdish

RT @lukehopewell: “Intimate cocktail briefing at CES” sounds like an invitation to get roofied. [So where can I get one of these invites?]

via Janetter for Mac

@scottcarson1957 Ah that’s great! I shall have to bloggerate it later. Thanks.

via Janetter for Mac in reply to scottcarson1957

I think everybody should consider how this story applies to their own lives. I know I have. theonion.com/articles/this-…

via Janetter for Mac

Oh, are we still going on about that other thing? But I’m the one who’s been huffing the toxic mould spores.

via Janetter for Mac

Media embroiled in story about A does not talk about B outrage scandal.

via Janetter for Mac

Huffing the toxic mould spores.

EX_V19 If Santa’s naughty or nice list leaks to ASIO we’re all screwed

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 10:28 AM, Dec 23rd, 2013 via Janetter for Mac)

dobes this. RT @Little_steps00: Powderfinger is Cold Chisel for Triple J listeners.

via Hotot for Chrome (retweeted on 10:24 AM, Dec 23rd, 2013 via Janetter for Mac)

RT @jeamland: Now look @stilgherrian, the @O2 blocker isn’t entirely unreasonable: pic.twitter.com/zjG6vdSNBt [Thank God, sensible at last!]

via Janetter for Mac

@kjmci @franksting @liam_dwyer @GordyPls I’m not a big fan of “Just release it and rely on everyone else to think it through”.

via Janetter for Mac in reply to kjmci

@kjmci @franksting @liam_dwyer @GordyPls Not yet, I grant you, but it’s pretty shit that this sort of thing didn’t show up in testing…

via Janetter for Mac in reply to kjmci

@franksting @liam_dwyer @GordyPls @kjmci It’s not necessarily the persons at risk who’ll be doing the opting-in. It’s a power/control tool.

via Janetter for Mac in reply to franksting

RT @liam_dwyer: @kjmci so @GordyPls & @stilgherrian weren’t wrong about the outcome just the name of the service [I’m still an arsehat tho.]

via Janetter for Mac

Ugarles My son gets diarrhea when he eats dairy so I made pizza with vegan cheese. I’d rather have diarrhea. On the pizza.

via Mobile Web (M5) (retweeted on 9:56 AM, Dec 23rd, 2013 via Janetter for Mac)

This week’s @onthemedia podcast on “NSA Week” and NSA’s PR offensive is a must-listen. So listen. onthemedia.org/story/on-the-m…

via Janetter for Mac

RT @scottcarson1957: Berke Breathed, Gesundheit. pic.twitter.com/7xqZeP3uzj [Wow, this is a brilliant image. Scary. But brilliant.]

via Janetter for Mac

@drearyclocks You really troll yourself, don’t you.

via Janetter for Mac in reply to drearyclocks

BradMarkham81 A thief may be having himself a very merry Christmas after stealing $1000 worth of sex toys from an adult store. bordermail.com.au/story/1989193/…

via Twitter for iPad (retweeted on 9:21 AM, Dec 23rd, 2013 via Janetter for Mac)

Space-Based Basselope-Powered All Purpose Defense Initiative! Make everything perfect forever! pic.twitter.com/jqsOpwmMbk HT @scottcarson1957

via Janetter for Mac

@cxi You seriously need some R&R, young man.

via Janetter for Mac in reply to cxi

cxi No Billy. Making love is when a man and a woman ask their mailman and pizza guy to get naked in their bedroom.

via Tweetbot for iOS (retweeted on 9:02 AM, Dec 23rd, 2013 via Janetter for Mac)

RT @scottcarson1957: Berke Breathed, Basselope 1: pic.twitter.com/MquOl8vYwa [WE CANNOT ALLOW A BASSELOPE GAP!]

via Janetter for Mac

RT @scottcarson1957: Berke Breathed, Basselope 3: pic.twitter.com/Hj4mdymuJk [Yeah, RAAF should’ve got these too. Way cheaper than the F-111C.]

via Janetter for Mac

RT @RedFiddler: Morning dog walk pic: hunting rabbits pic.twitter.com/in3dIZcD7D [Fantastic photo. HT @Manic_Henry]

via Janetter for Mac

prestontowers The young do need drug abuse info… RT @SBSNews: Age at which people first try drugs drops, new report finds sbs.com.au/news/article/2…

via Tweetbot for iOS (retweeted on 8:31 AM, Dec 23rd, 2013 via Janetter for Mac)

So it seems drug sniffer dogs react to their handlers’ cues. Move evidence that the whole idea is dangerous bullshit. reviewjournal.com/news/crime-cou…

via Janetter for Mac

Well that was all a nice bracing burst of hate to start the week. Who next?

via Janetter for Mac

greensjeremy Japanese slaughter ships forced to run as Greg ‘Whale’ Hunt deploys the latest in drone technology……Sky Whale. pic.twitter.com/CwATLyPgJ9

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 8:23 AM, Dec 23rd, 2013 via Janetter for Mac)

So @GordyPls I will happily witness your tweeted Statutory Declaration, or was fooled by a clever robot into thinking that you were human.

via Janetter for Mac

GordyPls Unsure if you can tweet a statutory declaration but there it is.

via TweetDeck (retweeted on 8:20 AM, Dec 23rd, 2013 via Janetter for Mac)

GordyPls I make this solemn declaration conscientiously believing the same to be true, and by virtue
of the provisions of the Oaths Act 1900.

via TweetDeck (retweeted on 8:20 AM, Dec 23rd, 2013 via Janetter for Mac)

GordyPls I considered they censored childrens’ crisis support services, but they in fact censor information about alcohol abuse and support services

via TweetDeck (retweeted on 8:20 AM, Dec 23rd, 2013 via Janetter for Mac)

GordyPls I, Geordie C. Guy, Son of Wayne Jeffrey and Dianne Alana, did think that Lifeline in the UK is the same as in Australia, and did admonish

via TweetDeck (retweeted on 8:19 AM, Dec 23rd, 2013 via Janetter for Mac)

RT @lukehopewell: Anyone else noticing that Sparrow is crashing non-stop these days? [Are you planning to report the fall of every Sparrow?]

via Janetter for Mac

If only tweets had a RECALL function, just like that one that works so well for email.

via Janetter for Mac

moldor @sunriseon7 RT @philiph 54m My kid is an idiot. I had to cut this potty seat off after he decided to wear it. pic.twitter.com/6I893AMhzP

via Twitter Web Client (retweeted on 8:05 AM, Dec 23rd, 2013 via Janetter for Mac)

@GordyPls @kjmci @O2 So I am on your side in this, Geordie…

via Janetter for Mac in reply to GordyPls

@kjmci @GordyPls I was involved in public health policy for a while in the 1990s, so easily appalled by apparent arsehattery in that realm.

via Janetter for Mac in reply to kjmci

@kjmci Hey, I’m just asking questions. :P More angry with myself for assuming @GordyPls has chosen his targets wisely. I am an arsehat.

via Janetter for Mac in reply to kjmci

Sorry, @kjmci, are mounting an argument to the effect that the few very young addicts should be denied access to health info? @GordyPls

via Janetter for Mac in reply to kjmci

OK, @kjmci @GordyPls, Lifeline UK is for dealing with drug abuse. It’s health info. FFS we answered all this shit in the 80s too, @O2.

via Janetter for Mac in reply to kjmci

RT @kjmci: @GordyPls @stilgherrian You know that Lifeline in the UK isn’t the same as Lifeline in Australia, right? [I did not. Let me see.]

via Janetter for Mac

Jesus wept, @O2, there is NO circumstance in which a telco should be arguing for one second against providing access to crisis counselling.

via Janetter for Mac

GordyPls Apparently @O2 are ok with the fact their censorship system blocks access to Lifeline because it’s opt-in. pic.twitter.com/ZU1HxT3FXl

via Janetter Pro for Android (retweeted on 7:37 AM, Dec 23rd, 2013 via Janetter for Mac)

MWhalan The Nativity Story as told by Morrison and Abbott. pic.twitter.com/mHaGj3xbPQ

via iOS (retweeted on 7:35 AM, Dec 23rd, 2013 via Janetter for Mac)

Is this over-the-top “North Korean propaganda video” genuine? Any Korean speakers following? youtube.com/watch?v=v83wr9… HT @briankrebs

via Janetter for Mac

maureenjohnson Want to drive an British person crazy? Fill a mug with hot water and THEN put in a tea bag. Then just sit back and WATCH THE MAGIC.

via Twitter Web Client (retweeted on 7:17 AM, Dec 23rd, 2013 via Janetter for Mac)

RT @oz_f: Wow, SA Labor to slash TAFE funding in half: bit.ly/JgYlBs [Hey well it’s not like SA has to re-skill any workers… oh.]

via Janetter for Mac

innismir This snafu is why I run Android. Don’t have to worry about putting bugs on my phone, they’re included with the OS for free.

via Twitter for Android (retweeted on 7:07 AM, Dec 23rd, 2013 via Janetter for Mac)

Herring1967 Also spoilers RT @gabrielroth: Pretty sure there’s one more episode after this: pic.twitter.com/ZI9ChpAJQu

via Echofon (retweeted on 6:58 AM, Dec 23rd, 2013 via Tweetbot for iOS)

Oh, a conversation about airport security happened after I left last night. Obviously you were all absolutely correct.

via Plume for Android

Mon plan, draft: Write something; migrate suburbs; record something; complain about everything.

via Plume for Android

Oh here we go. It’s Monday and thanks to the troll brain I haven’t slept more than four hours in many days. THIS WILL BE SO MUCH FUN.

via Plume for Android