My usual weekly summary of what I’ve been doing elsewhere on the internets. This post covers the week from Monday 19 to Sunday 25 March 2012.
- Patch Monday episode 130, “Yellow alert! Windows RDP flaw explained”. Casey Ellis from Tall Poppy Group and HackLabs proprietor Chris Gatford explain all the things.
- The 9pm Edict episode 20, which covers Tony Abbott’s tribute to Margaret Whitlam, comedian Bill Bailey’s thoughts on classical music, Harmony Day and more.
- Remote Desktop Protocol security hole: 5 unanswered questions, CSO Online, 19 March 2012.
- The Facebook experiment, ZDNet Australia, 23 March 2012.
- On Tuesday I spoke about the death of passwords on ABC 105.7 Darwin.
- On Thursday I attended the iappANZ workshop on Identity and Privacy as the guest of the Lockstep Group.
- Also on Thursday, I met with Oliver Friedrichs from Sourcefire, and they bought me a beer.
The Week Ahead
Nothing of specific note has been locked in yet.
Most of my day-to-day observations are on my high-volume Twitter stream, and random photos and other observations turn up on my Posterous stream (or they used to before my phone camera got a bit too scratched up). The photos also appear on Flickr, where I eventually add geolocation data and tags.
[Photo: Bunjaree Track with Fog, photographed at Bunjaree Cottages on the morning I finally saw the lyrebird.]