December 16th, 2017

@SnarkyPlatypus Ah the joys of psychotropic drugs, in all their variety!

via TweetDeck in reply to SnarkyPlatypus

Should I drink all this rum?

jonkudelka To be fair to JA, there are few things as ‘Strayan as a bloke so obviously phoning it in that failing to check if h..twitter.com/i/web/status/9…cJ

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 11:53 PM, Dec 16th, 2017 via TweetDeck)

@MalwareJake Steal it. I can’t remember where it came from, or even if it’s from someone who can admit to it.

via TweetDeck in reply to MalwareJake

@MalwareJake And more broadly, as someone once put it and I stole, “The US IC isn’t some all-powerful system. It’s..twitter.com/i/web/status/9…hA

via TweetDeck in reply to MalwareJake

@MalwareJake Indeed. Hence, a moment. But I’m sure you know how these bureaucracies go. Lots of great peo..twitter.com/i/web/status/9…s5

via TweetDeck in reply to MalwareJake

Great photos, and as a kid the F-4 was one of my faves. But 3rd generation jet fighters are hilarious. twitter.com/PlaneThought41…

@SnarkyPlatypus I got that. I know that your infuriation with me is for other reasons.

via TweetDeck in reply to SnarkyPlatypus

@MalwareJake We have the same comms problems with our people here in AU, of course.

@MalwareJake Exactly. As an alleged journalist in a foreign but friendly nation, my contact with FBI folks is somew..twitter.com/i/web/status/9…G1

via TweetDeck in reply to MalwareJake

@SnarkyPlatypus Well obviously. But sometimes black humour is the only response. YMMV.

via TweetDeck in reply to SnarkyPlatypus

@SnarkyPlatypus Am I bad for seeing the dark humour in this?

@SnarkyPlatypus Also gloriously hilarious, at least if you’re a bystander. I mean, colossally so.

via TweetDeck in reply to SnarkyPlatypus

MA_Sharks Heads up to anyone in the Miami area. One of our white shark tags popped off and has washed ashore. It’s a needle..twitter.com/i/web/status/9…5y

via Twitter Web Client (retweeted on 11:20 PM, Dec 16th, 2017 via TweetDeck)

davispg It is a repeatable bug, the best sort. Oh hai @Westpac contact me if you want to know the steps if you don’t know a..twitter.com/i/web/status/9…65

via Tweetbot for iΟS (retweeted on 11:16 PM, Dec 16th, 2017 via TweetDeck)

@teknetia This is exactly what makes this result fascinating.

via TweetDeck in reply to teknetia

PCollinsTimes The stupidity of this is almost an achievement. twitter.com/thequentinlett…

via Twitter Web Client (retweeted on 10:47 PM, Dec 16th, 2017 via TweetDeck)

mondomascots Japanese mascots ungergoing medical examinations. pic.twitter.com/3OpFoqZobp

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 10:47 PM, Dec 16th, 2017 via TweetDeck)

HaroldHolt67 Tomorrow: Harold Holt heads to Cheviot Beach. pic.twitter.com/bPVU5S7ApM

via TweetDeck (retweeted on 10:43 PM, Dec 16th, 2017 via TweetDeck)

@oberonsghost Well this gets into @awelder’s territory, and I agree with him on most of these issues.

via TweetDeck in reply to oberonsghost

@jilliancyork And this by-election did have the outside chance of unseating the government, or at least tipping it..twitter.com/i/web/status/9…vu

via TweetDeck in reply to jilliancyork

@SnarkyPlatypus @KyBusiness @snurb_dot_info Back in IRC days, this is the point at which someone would start a new channel.

@SnarkyPlatypus @KyBusiness @snurb_dot_info This is true, yes, but as Ky says we do need some way of injecting a co..twitter.com/i/web/status/9…s7

via TweetDeck in reply to SnarkyPlatypus

@KyBusiness @SnarkyPlatypus The work of @snurb_dot_info shows that it’s become increasingly polarised, but then so..twitter.com/i/web/status/9…W8

via Twitter Web Client in reply to KyBusiness

zzap A thing to do in China is set up an auto-response for every email you get to tell the sender that you’ve successful..twitter.com/i/web/status/9…5C

via Tweetbot for Mac (retweeted on 10:30 PM, Dec 16th, 2017 via TweetDeck)

@oberonsghost The battle oven this issue between the party reps on both ABC and Sky was hilarious.

via TweetDeck in reply to oberonsghost

oberonsghost Turnbull: I told the truth. You are all lying liars and I will so hold. twitter.com/adamspenceau/s…

via Twitter for iPad (retweeted on 10:28 PM, Dec 16th, 2017 via TweetDeck)

SoVeryFinnish When the Finnish language is overly honest. pic.twitter.com/VYWRGBqYkU

via Buffer (retweeted on 10:26 PM, Dec 16th, 2017 via TweetDeck)

@kjmci Glad to be of service. Note that I claim credit for something you found out for yourself. Which on an electi..twitter.com/i/web/status/9…bP

via TweetDeck in reply to kjmci

@KyBusiness @AuConservatives 100% agreed. That was the story. Assuming the media can only do one narrative at a time.

via TweetDeck in reply to KyBusiness

@KyBusiness @SnarkyPlatypus P.S. I have the hashtag aus pol muted, I saw your tweet by accident. ;)

@KyBusiness @AuConservatives There’s a point. The CDP did well enough, tho I can’t see @AuConservatives handling th..twitter.com/i/web/status/9…7d

via Twitter Web Client in reply to KyBusiness

@BrownSquirrel @jayrosen_nyu Of course some of my tweets are partisan. Because as a citizen I have a right to engag..twitter.com/i/web/status/9…0M

@BrownSquirrel @jayrosen_nyu Not “balanced”, but “fairly”. Honestly.

@BrownSquirrel I am one of those hopeless romantics who thinks that impartiality is the gig. Don’t pretend that you..twitter.com/i/web/status/9…9c

via TweetDeck in reply to BrownSquirrel

@dobes Here’s a screenshot, mate. The tweet just vanished. pic.twitter.com/ICpc5kYHFd

dobes Hahahahahahaha

Twitter considered this sensitive content.

I’m rekt twitter.com/dobes/status/9…

via Twitter for Android (retweeted on 10:08 PM, Dec 16th, 2017 via TweetDeck)

@KyBusiness @AuConservatives There’s a thought. None of the analysis I saw on ABC or Sky looked beyond 2PP. Unless..twitter.com/i/web/status/9…3S

via TweetDeck in reply to KyBusiness

@jilliancyork I meant in relation to the Bennelong by-election. Not really your thing, I suspect.

via TweetDeck in reply to jilliancyork

@MicheleMcKenzee It certainly showed that Labor is building an effective campaigning organisation. No win, but they..twitter.com/i/web/status/9…cU

via TweetDeck in reply to MicheleMcKenzee

@BrownSquirrel @JAforBennelong Opinions are what sway elections. As I said to someone earlier, I have my views, but..twitter.com/i/web/status/9…iE

via TweetDeck in reply to BrownSquirrel

@BrownSquirrel @JAforBennelong Ta for that. I do genuinely want to know how people perceive the negatives.

via TweetDeck in reply to BrownSquirrel

@kjmci @SnarkyPlatypus Get down there then. It’s the best range and pricing you’ll get near Central at this hour.

via TweetDeck in reply to kjmci

@erstkate @Sam_Hickey I know. You can get fucked too, with your so-called “science”.

via TweetDeck in reply to erstkate

BrownSquirrel @stilgherrian my day is made - I despise Alexander but I detest this woman even more Well done @JAforBennelong

via Twitter Web Client (retweeted on 9:56 PM, Dec 16th, 2017 via TweetDeck)

@SnarkyPlatypus @kjmci But basically you’re fucked. Wait, @SnarkyPlatypus, didn’t it get extended back to 2300?

@SnarkyPlatypus @kjmci Triple Ace, but it’s just been renamed the Surry Hills Hotel. (I know.)

via TweetDeck in reply to SnarkyPlatypus

@KyBusiness So what do you make of tonight, Ky?

via TweetDeck in reply to KyBusiness

Once more, @mpbowers wins the iconic photography. (To be fair, I haven’t been tracking everyone’s.) pic.twitter.com/wZJ3Skb3b7

There’s a certain irony in the great renaissance leader needing a renaissance, which is kinda fun.

Pyne was stressing VERY much that the political year is now over and we can get on with it. Turnbull’s supporters w..twitter.com/i/web/status/9…Td

@SnarkyPlatypus “The is the BBC, and now messages for our friends in Europe. The tongue is brown. I repeat, the tongue is brown.”

via TweetDeck in reply to SnarkyPlatypus

@Sam_Hickey My alcohol has bubbles in it, so the whole Brownian thing is going on.

via TweetDeck in reply to Sam_Hickey

The Labor concessions gave prominence to KK, here is the future. The Liberal victory was all about Turnbull, with JA as a warm prop.

OK, now you’ll have to put up with me drinking and making random observations.

ABC’s out, Sky is bailing now too. Thank you linesmen, thank you ballboys. The election coverage is at an end.

Pyne re Matt Thistlethwaite: “I’m going to start taking whatever drugs he’s on.”

@SnarkyPlatypus As I say, the Sky team reckons this is somewhat of a stretch.

via TweetDeck in reply to SnarkyPlatypus

Speers is doing an excellent wrap, as you’d expect.

Sky is thinking “the renaissance of Malcolm” is OTT, and with a 5% swing a little more modesty might have been appr..twitter.com/i/web/status/9…9u

@DigitalMediaBoy @jonoabroad It’d be hard to match her profile and respect, though. KK is a great candidate persona..twitter.com/i/web/status/9…zK

via TweetDeck in reply to DigitalMediaBoy

Interesting. The Sky team just kind of agreed that Turnbull was a bit OTT in his pumped-up speech. Speers is trying..twitter.com/i/web/status/9…NP

“Malcolm, this is a renaissance of your leadership,” says JA, and the the cheers begin.

@DigitalMediaBoy Also, JA is doing quite well so far tonight. He’s not the best performer, though, so good in terms..twitter.com/i/web/status/9…n0

@DigitalMediaBoy Both sides have valid ways of spinning this. It’ll be interesting to see which narrative wins, and why.

@DigitalMediaBoy I have my views, obviously, but I can also appreciate when the game is played well, and when someo..twitter.com/i/web/status/9…pN

via TweetDeck in reply to DigitalMediaBoy

@KrazyKarl910 That’s one one the very strong narratives from this, yes.

via TweetDeck in reply to KrazyKarl910

Drag0nista Is Turnbull the new member for Bennelong?

via TweetDeck (retweeted on 9:19 PM, Dec 16th, 2017 via TweetDeck)

Huge ovation for JA.

I reckon Malcolm might have had a shandy or two in celebration, and who can blame him?

Malcolm up first, parading JA like a prize pig at an auction. “Amazing blue army.”

Malcolm strides onto stage. JA stumbles as he climbs.

Turnbull is coming on with JA right now. Malcolm is going to ride JA so hard and with so much glee.

@SnarkyPlatypus @bernietb @KKeneally Runs risk of “parachute candidate” claims.

dobes It’s beginning to look a lot like Xmas pic.twitter.com/vPNiu6rbuO

via Twitter for Android (retweeted on 9:09 PM, Dec 16th, 2017 via TweetDeck)

OK, @JAforBennelong is coming on stage, or at least people at the Liberal gig are cheering for something.

@JayMo31415 It’s more about influence than commercial good value. Same as with The Australian.

via TweetDeck in reply to JayMo31415

@bernietb @SnarkyPlatypus @KKeneally There’s a lot of discussion of this on both news feeds. Different tone, but cl..twitter.com/i/web/status/9…Rx

via TweetDeck in reply to bernietb

@SnarkyPlatypus @KKeneally @jasonyatsenli As for KK and Jason, I’ve got an official request in with ALP HQ, and of..twitter.com/i/web/status/9…EP

@SnarkyPlatypus @KKeneally @jasonyatsenli I have also been contacting appropriate media and other people this eveni..twitter.com/i/web/status/9…Nm

via TweetDeck in reply to SnarkyPlatypus

stephendziedzic Loud boos at Liberal HQ when @billshortenmp speech pops up on the screen. Cries of ‘you are next!’ ring out. Rarely..twitter.com/i/web/status/9…fJ

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 8:54 PM, Dec 16th, 2017 via TweetDeck)

@SnarkyPlatypus @KKeneally Well I’ll repeat my request for @KKeneally to pop in tomorrow afternoon, or @jasonyatsenli.

via TweetDeck in reply to SnarkyPlatypus

Even @billshortenmp is doing well. I can’t wait to see how @JAforBennelong speaks.

This is a damn good concession speech from @KKeneally. She’s got everyone cheering and happy.

@oberonsghost You have to have it up and running in parallel in case the cross fails, so you can switch instantly…twitter.com/i/web/status/9…g3

via TweetDeck in reply to oberonsghost

My sympathies to @abcnews though. Those that know my past know that I produced nearly 100 outside broadcasts for ra..twitter.com/i/web/status/9…Uk

@KKeneally @abcnews Goddammit I should have been recording both streams.

Heads up @KKeneally in the house. @abcnews has buggered up the cross.

@Drag0nista @abcnews @SkyNewsAust Yep yep. Sam is awesome. She’d have contractual obligations for the papers though, I assume.

via TweetDeck in reply to Drag0nista

ShitTats Yes it do’s pic.twitter.com/XVfliuLLYM

via Twitter for Android (retweeted on 8:29 PM, Dec 16th, 2017 via TweetDeck)

vanOnselenP I’ve just been forced to endure the dumbest text exchange for hours with a National parliamentarian who opposes quo..twitter.com/i/web/status/9…Pe

via Echofon (retweeted on 8:28 PM, Dec 16th, 2017 via TweetDeck)

@Drag0nista @GuardianAus Sadly I wasn’t watching the screen.

via TweetDeck in reply to Drag0nista

@bradders2 @abcnews @SkyNewsAust @stephendziedzic Ah! Forgive me for being an armchair general — it’s a long time s.twitter.com/i/web/status/9…xsx

via TweetDeck in reply to bradders2

@fryan @KKeneally I do. My permanent lists all have whimsical names. (Note to self: Redact the screen properly next time.)

via TweetDeck in reply to fryan

Oh hello. “Christopher Pyne just said that the Liberals internal polling showed that every time Malcolm Turnbull ca..twitter.com/i/web/status/9…AN

@abcnews @SkyNewsAust Of course tomorrow afternoon three white people will be discussing politics. So that’s… not..twitter.com/i/web/status/9…sK

To be fair, the @abcnews coverage was really no different. Three white blokes, plus at least a female presenter. Bu..twitter.com/i/web/status/9…zz

Everyone seems to be getting ready for @KKeneally concession speech. pic.twitter.com/xGy1Cxmsyp

via Twitter for iPhone

Well, that’s what he’s been doing. twitter.com/oberonsghost/s…

In which Sky News Australia covers a by-election in one of the most ethnically and culturally diverse electorates i..twitter.com/i/web/status/9…IY

What I can say, though, is that if you thought there was a strong sense of On before then you’re in for way, WAY more On now.

Someone with better knowledge of strategy needs to tell me what to think here. theguardian.com/australia-news… pic.twitter.com/fsEyHPHysT

Tony Burke is doing his utmost best to spin it, but yeah, I think we can all go home now.

And… @AntonyGreenABC has called it.

@shiftkey @AntonyGreenABC I’m setting up some simulations as we speak. No, not simulations. Ginger beer. I meant ginger beer.

via TweetDeck in reply to shiftkey

According to @AntonyGreenABC 5.2% is much less than 9.7% and I concur.

@AyaReina Heh. Just then @GuardianAus posted the venue too. I’ll have to see how much energy I have, whether I can..twitter.com/i/web/status/9…7N

via TweetDeck in reply to AyaReina

Well @AntonyGreenABC just said that on current indications the swing is “well short” of unseating John Alexander.

Sky breaks from its coverage for advert by Ajax All-in-1, Nikon gift cards, Great Northern beer, Pizza Hut, some Ma..twitter.com/i/web/status/9…jD

Where is this Labor party setting up?

@paulkidd @smidgey Also, by the time he says it on TV and the buffering happens and then I think and type, all mann..twitter.com/i/web/status/9…wQ

via TweetDeck in reply to paulkidd

@Retrovertigo Because @AntonyGreenABC has his own model which works differently. Broadly, works on a per-booth basi..twitter.com/i/web/status/9…dA

via TweetDeck in reply to Retrovertigo

@DrRhysPockett I have another ginger beer to try, then both sparkling wine and run as appropriate.

via TweetDeck in reply to DrRhysPockett

Just in case you need to know, the Korean transliteration for Bennelong is 베네롱 보선.

@JamieTravers @abcnews It’s not bad. Unlike many others, not too sweet.

via TweetDeck in reply to JamieTravers

@JamieTravers No @abcnews on the hotel feed that I could find, so Sky on the big screen, ABC on the iPad. I always watch both.

via TweetDeck in reply to JamieTravers

@dobes Careful, or you’ll be on the panel.

via TweetDeck in reply to dobes

@smidgey No, that’s normally a nude photo of Christopher Pyne.

via TweetDeck in reply to smidgey

@munin A by-election which may topple the Prime Minister, and the key swing required within the polling margin of e..twitter.com/i/web/status/9…C0

via TweetDeck in reply to munin

This is only half the number of screens we had up for the 2017 federal election, but tonight is less data-intensive.

@wombat1974 This is not the full range. There’s also an elephant, a black sheep, a panda, and something that I thin..twitter.com/i/web/status/9…v7

Yes, the Vatican is very good at keeping things hidden for a long time. twitter.com/CNN/status/941…

GuardianAus Bennelong byelection: Turnbull under pressure as voters decide – politics livtrib.al/VE7JgFVOq

via SocialFlow (retweeted on 5:32 PM, Dec 16th, 2017 via Tweetbot for iΟS)

But it’s all OK because I’m listening to the @abcnews radio stream.

I’ll be slightly late back to my hotel for the close of polls, because I octopus and wine. pic.twitter.com/ONtKgmV37Y

via Twitter for iPhone

“‘I pray to the spider goddess Arachne for it not to be named Spidey McSpiderface,’ he said.” abc.net.au/news/2017-12-1…

Is this really a Barbie Army”? Or..twitter.com/bernietb/statu…GS

SteveBlogs11 Someone put a fleshlight on an exhaust pic.twitter.com/6Itc0CLYv0

via Twitter for Android (retweeted on 4:56 PM, Dec 16th, 2017 via Tweetbot for iΟS)

Oh the Tube of Ewes, how well you understand me today… pic.twitter.com/VCYy5DQM3E

annegalloway Trump admin prohibits CDC from using the following words in reports, budgets, etc.:

“vulnerable,” “entitlement,”..twitter.com/i/web/status/9…fQ

via Tweetbot for iΟS (retweeted on 4:43 PM, Dec 16th, 2017 via Tweetbot for iΟS)

tinnkky A vegan, a bitcoin trader, and someone who didnt vote in 2016 all walk into a bar. Who tells you about it first

via Twitter Lite (retweeted on 4:41 PM, Dec 16th, 2017 via Tweetbot for iΟS)

@scott_thewspot @sarahdingle_ @michellegrattan It’s not meant to be representative or the truth. It’s simply confor..twitter.com/i/web/status/9…P7

@sarahdingle_ @michellegrattan Any fuckin’ muppet can stroll a single street, grab three men and three women for a..twitter.com/i/web/status/9…SD

@sarahdingle_ @michellegrattan P.S. A 20-second TV grab of an Asian-ey looking shopkeeper with an Asian-ey accent m..twitter.com/i/web/status/9…mH

@sarahdingle_ @michellegrattan Still, I’m not effing well paid to report on and analyse politics. Others are. Yet I..twitter.com/i/web/status/9…eH

@sarahdingle_ @michellegrattan I count myself as lazy in this because I feel like I haven’t spent enough time makin..twitter.com/i/web/status/9…jz

I agree with @sarahdingle_ over all this. While this yarn is by the inimitable @michellegrattan, it is also yet ano..twitter.com/i/web/status/9…qY

“China says Australia disrupting ‘stability and peace’ in South China Sea; build-up on islands continues.” Nothing..twitter.com/i/web/status/9…MW

It’s a hot Saturday afternoon, but there’s a cool breeze in the shade. A handsome young Italian-Australian man is e..twitter.com/i/web/status/9…lH

@mpesce @DDsD That’s unfair. At least muppets work if you shove your fist up them.

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to mpesce

DDsD Dude buys $300 in Bitcoin. Then regrets it because he didn’t do his due diligence on it.

news.com.au/finance/money/…

via Twitter for Android (retweeted on 3:44 PM, Dec 16th, 2017 via Tweetbot for iΟS)

@wombat1974 Plus there’s bars at the side of the track for audience pleasure. I think we’re onto a winner. pic.twitter.com/QrTQ4lpbsA

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to wombat1974

@wombat1974 Actually, hay bales to protect spectators, not that speed is an issue. Drivers armed with foam baseball bats or the like.

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to wombat1974

@wombat1974 I was thinking of something with rules akin to Rollerball.

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to wombat1974

@trentyarwood @jpwarren I suspect this is true. I should grab the numbers.

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to trentyarwood

Tim_Beshara When Matt Canavan entered politics his ambition was to move the country to the right. Today he achieved that goal. twitter.com/geoscienceaus/…

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 3:23 PM, Dec 16th, 2017 via Tweetbot for iΟS)

CutPics Laziness level: Expert. pic.twitter.com/uLdBDRPm3o

@Michael70652696 It is. I mean, it’s no Santiago Calatrava, but it is acceptable.

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to Michael70652696

You can tell he works in the financial services industry, can’t you. SHRED ALL THE THINGS. SHRED SHRED SHRED. twitter.com/SnarkyPlatypus…

I wonder if we could set up a grand prix race around the mall with these. Bags the panda. twitter.com/stilgherrian/s…

osutein *Me, sitting on Santa’s lap*
Santa: Well, young man, what do you want for Christmas?
Me: For Paul Ryan to suffer.
S..twitter.com/i/web/status/9…2t

via Twitter Web Client (retweeted on 3:10 PM, Dec 16th, 2017 via Tweetbot for iΟS)

@Epigrammist That one seems to died with less suffering.

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to Epigrammist

@photogramel They still thrive in some habitats, I’m told.

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to photogramel

On the other hand, the transit system is excellent. pic.twitter.com/cD8KYfJqvi

I think this is the species that keeps eating bits of @dobes’ garden hose.

Some species of dead jellyfish has washed up onto the Victoria Road footpath in Ryde. pic.twitter.com/IRubGW2iU9

via Twitter for iPhone

Comparativist British likewise blamed unexpected and swift fall of Singapore on their British Indian Army garrison twitter.com/Anon_Snufkin/s…

via Twitter for Android (retweeted on 2:17 PM, Dec 16th, 2017 via TweetDeck)

emilymaxima Observation: women have always been primary strategic leaders in the Rebel alliance. That’s how you know it’s a science *fiction* movie.

via Twitter Web Client (retweeted on 2:16 PM, Dec 16th, 2017 via TweetDeck)

@crgentle @GulsonKalervo I wish I’d known that earlier, I’d have gone there. Unfortunately I now have to go to Top..twitter.com/i/web/status/9…qT

via TweetDeck in reply to crgentle

@jpwarren Why? I also know almost nothing about IUDs, and I’m pretty sure that the pictured devices would be rubbish at that task also.

via TweetDeck in reply to jpwarren

MrsCupcake79 7yr old: Mum, what happens if you eat lots of tinsel?
Me: probably emergency surgery to prevent obstruction somewhe..twitter.com/i/web/status/9…IG

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 1:53 PM, Dec 16th, 2017 via TweetDeck)

This is marvellous. Now I want a Section 44 Sausage. HT @GulsonKalervo. pic.twitter.com/tcaiwpbe7w

Goodness me, this is wonderful prose. The whole thread of it. It is very thread. twitter.com/vandroidhelsin…

I like to imagine that “chatime” is a three-syllable Japanese word. Also, that @dog_rates is a Greek philosopher rh..twitter.com/i/web/status/9…sv

@GulsonKalervo I should probably talk to them, but my CBF levels are very high right now.

via TweetDeck in reply to GulsonKalervo

@KrazyKarl910 I suspect there are a few key differences though.

via TweetDeck in reply to KrazyKarl910

@KrazyKarl910 @SnarkyPlatypus I’ve never not known them as being shit.

via TweetDeck in reply to KrazyKarl910

@jonoabroad Not at all. It’s a family-friendly pub, and they have high chairs available.

via TweetDeck in reply to jonoabroad

Maybe I should go live in Castle Hill for a month and report back. Is Castle Hill anywhere near Sydney? twitter.com/SnarkyPlatypus…

I hardly know anything about IED construction, but to my untrained eyes these look like they’d have a phenomenally..twitter.com/i/web/status/9…qj

@SnarkyPlatypus Better than being the Red Rooster of dumplings. Or the Panda Express.

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to SnarkyPlatypus

RameshFernandez sent an email to all of their staff asking them NOT to wear uniform because of protests…twitter.com/i/web/status/9…5H

via Twitter Web Client (retweeted on 12:49 PM, Dec 16th, 2017 via Tweetbot for iΟS)

jules_su Hi guys, it’s 2017 and Mario Batali just apologized for sexual harassment AND gave a recipe for Pizza Dough Cinnamo..twitter.com/i/web/status/9…0k

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 12:48 PM, Dec 16th, 2017 via Tweetbot for iΟS)

juliareinstein my parents just gave me the darkest fucking hanukkah card ever pic.twitter.com/dvBWSmdM3K

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 12:43 PM, Dec 16th, 2017 via Tweetbot for iΟS)

DDsD Yeah duh. Moderation is the key in everything in life.

Except for Bitcoin, buy all the Bitcoin. twitter.com/CryptoAustrali…

via Twitter for Android (retweeted on 12:42 PM, Dec 16th, 2017 via Tweetbot for iΟS)

@JeffBurtonMusic @Drag0nista @joshgnosis Oh, and my podcast. A supporter model, like AU community broadcasting / US..twitter.com/i/web/status/9…Mo

@JeffBurtonMusic @Drag0nista @joshgnosis In either case, I’m paid for my work. The masthead’s business operations a..twitter.com/i/web/status/9…yB

@JeffBurtonMusic @Drag0nista @joshgnosis I can answer for myself. Different mastheads have different business model..twitter.com/i/web/status/9…gd

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to JeffBurtonMusic

awelder There are 490 recommendations from the Royal Commission. Hart and Fisher are going in hard on this minor procedural..twitter.com/i/web/status/9…qB

via Twitter for Android (retweeted on 11:34 AM, Dec 16th, 2017 via TweetDeck)

@Drag0nista I note that @PollBludger says @KKeneally needs a 9.7% swing to win, but also that that’s not unpreceden..twitter.com/i/web/status/9…cZ

@Drag0nista 2. I disagree with her assertion that we shouldn’t think about the possibility of Bob Katter as Speaker..twitter.com/i/web/status/9…sS

@Drag0nista 1. Everything here is within polling’s margin of error. The result could easily be anywhere in this ran..twitter.com/i/web/status/9…h2

OK, folks, wrt @Drag0nista’s analysis of the Bennelong situation here, I have two observations… twitter.com/Drag0nista/sta…

@timfdavis @SnarkyPlatypus I want to try one of these. I do know that “British Indian” is a legitimate culinary variant.

via TweetDeck in reply to timfdavis

@johnb78 @SnarkyPlatypus Are you ashamed of yourself? You should be ashamed of yourself.

via TweetDeck in reply to johnb78

@jturner_ibrs I believe both of those things are happening.

via TweetDeck in reply to jturner_ibrs

@KarlskiB Sadly, their workaround was to have the eggs poached slightly longer so they weren’t properly runny. Sad.

via TweetDeck in reply to KarlskiB

kcarruthers THIS!!!!!! They failed all of us 🤦‍♀️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♀️ twitter.com/kris_robinson/…

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 11:18 AM, Dec 16th, 2017 via TweetDeck)

GonzoHacker What’s your favorite password?

via Twitter for Android (retweeted on 11:16 AM, Dec 16th, 2017 via TweetDeck)

larry_irving This might be worse than the situation 25 years ago when I was on the Hill… twitter.com/ShaunKing/stat…

via Twitter Web Client (retweeted on 11:08 AM, Dec 16th, 2017 via TweetDeck)

troyhunt Wow, someone at @MarriottRewards actually thought it would be a good idea to publicly dox their Platinum members!..twitter.com/i/web/status/9…VK

via Twitter Web Client (retweeted on 11:03 AM, Dec 16th, 2017 via TweetDeck)

TheBabylonBee ‘Internet Service Providers Should Not Be Able To Decide What People Can See Online,’ Says Man Who Decides What Peo..twitter.com/i/web/status/9…EE

via TweetDeck (retweeted on 10:45 AM, Dec 16th, 2017 via TweetDeck)

@buffone_marinus I dunno. But as a backup, do you know the name of a male Bennelong voter who’s recently moved house or died?

via TweetDeck in reply to buffone_marinus

Yeah but with nukes, so how cool is that? twitter.com/HowieBlumenkop…

Do you think these guys might be going for the backpacker market, @SnarkyPlatypus? pic.twitter.com/pk3bAd6BMF

Sat plan, redraft: Breakfast, Potts Point; Relocate to Ryde; potter around in Bennelong, locations TBA; consume a D..twitter.com/i/web/status/9…DO

@kcarruthers They’ve been doing this for a while. That ship was built for precisely this purpose. See also railway..twitter.com/i/web/status/9…p0

via TweetDeck in reply to kcarruthers

ben_hr Shark thread twitter.com/cechr_uod/stat…

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 10:19 AM, Dec 16th, 2017 via TweetDeck)

preshitorian This pic of Dunelm House, new, has blown me away @SaveDunelmHouse pic.twitter.com/UxRkXt0L3o

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 10:14 AM, Dec 16th, 2017 via TweetDeck)

JonathanLea10 If anyone sees John Alexander at a polling station in Bennelong let us know. We are told he won’t do a formal inter..twitter.com/i/web/status/9…bV

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 10:10 AM, Dec 16th, 2017 via TweetDeck)

Can any early voters tell me where to get a democracy sausage in Bennelong? Not my electorate, so I can’t vote, but..twitter.com/i/web/status/9…QN

@flatgard @DavidHuntGirt @barryofarrell Hey, it’s a by-election day. If we can’t troll politicians past and present today, when can we?

@flatgard So, @DavidHuntGirt, both @barryofarrell and I like “Girt”. Make of that what you will. Apparently Barry a..twitter.com/i/web/status/9…xB

“Girt” is a wonderful book. Also, @flatgard told me he read it as orientation before coming to work in Australia fo..twitter.com/i/web/status/9…yk

Stonekettle Together Ryan and McConnell pull back the cover, revealing…

<crowd gasps>

…a giant steaming turd covered in..twitter.com/i/web/status/9…5G

via TweetDeck (retweeted on 9:58 AM, Dec 16th, 2017 via TweetDeck)

@jodiem It will be lovely, yes. Now I just need to decide where in the wonderful world of Bennelong to have lunch.

via TweetDeck in reply to jodiem

Yes, definitely a lovely day. Thanks for your efforts, @CARROT_app. pic.twitter.com/2fokuuem9s

It’s looking like a lovely day out there, Sydney. pic.twitter.com/pwNFrN7pza

@SnarkyPlatypus @oberonsghost Some people once flounced out of Yok Yor because they couldn’t find the Singapore Noodles on the menu.

via TweetDeck in reply to SnarkyPlatypus

Resign_In_Shame Hail, O Great A’Tuin! twitter.com/landpsychology…

via Twitter for Android (retweeted on 9:07 AM, Dec 16th, 2017 via TweetDeck)

@Drag0nista @joshgnosis Well here’s our homework for the podcast. Or we can mark the predictions out of 10. ;) twitter.com/Drag0nista/sta…

HaroldHolt67 On Saturday December 16, 1967 Harold Holt was in his office by 8.30am, despite a cabinet meeting running until 1am…twitter.com/i/web/status/9…ra

via TweetDeck (retweeted on 9:04 AM, Dec 16th, 2017 via TweetDeck)

@phbarratt Fair point. Either way, this will all be VERY interesting.

via TweetDeck in reply to phbarratt

To be fair, Jeffrey often squeals with joy. Usually at the thought of Kim-Jong Un lobbing a thermonuclear device in..twitter.com/i/web/status/9…2A

The audience count is currently at 27, but I think our guests @Drag0nista and @joshgnosis deserve more. Plus the We..twitter.com/i/web/status/9…r9

REMINDER: We’re recording That Podcast in Bennelong tomorrow, and you can still book a free audience spot. Or liste..twitter.com/i/web/status/9…gy

Sat plan, draft: Relocate to Ryde; potter around in Bennelong, locations TBA; settle in for an evening of quiet dr..twitter.com/i/web/status/9…Dd

ladyhana hey @ohaiiChun .. remember I was trying to explain how big and powerful the Wedge-tailed Eagle is? This .. twitter.com/OutbackEco/sta…

via TweetDeck (retweeted on 8:53 AM, Dec 16th, 2017 via TweetDeck)

@SnarkyPlatypus The word you’re looking for is “reparations”.

via TweetDeck in reply to SnarkyPlatypus

@HillaryPolitics @SnarkyPlatypus We won’t hear a peep out of him. Tony Abbott and George Pell were close. Some say..twitter.com/i/web/status/9…4z

via TweetDeck in reply to HillaryPolitics

@GreenJ @Meanjin If it’s unpublished, how can it be in a magazine? Very confuse.

via TweetDeck in reply to GreenJ

@smartbrain Gawd yes. But maybe we have the equivalent to come. How long have you spent / did you spend living in the UK?

via TweetDeck in reply to smartbrain

@SnarkyPlatypus It’ll be a very hard issue to bury. So many people have been empowered to speak out.

via TweetDeck in reply to SnarkyPlatypus

@Craig_Harvey “Hillsong, a church that really rocks. Enter the draw to win an exclusive Guy Sebastian performance a..twitter.com/i/web/status/9…6i

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to Craig_Harvey

I have further Modest Proposals should anyone in government be interested.

But since we need a faster Blue Mountains railway, we could put all the bishops to work digging the tunnels. With teaspoons.

Or maybe we could force Catholics to sew a cross on… no, that might be going too far.

Now here’s a thought. Put all Catholics on cashless banking cards limited to essentials, and no alcohol,until there..twitter.com/i/web/status/9…HX

@jeffsonstein I will look at this again once I’ve had coffee. I may find several aspects of the world less confusing. Stand by.

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to jeffsonstein

It’s straight-up religious discrimination. A criminal defence is denied to members of one or more religions (not-Ca..twitter.com/i/web/status/9…a7

MarkDiStef I have some personal news….. pic.twitter.com/qblwpOiZYc

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 8:10 AM, Dec 16th, 2017 via Tweetbot for iΟS)

taosecurity So much for the theory that black hats possess some kind of voodoo magic insights that make them specially qualifie..twitter.com/i/web/status/9…Av

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 8:09 AM, Dec 16th, 2017 via Tweetbot for iΟS)

PulpLibrarian The Pantyhose Craft Book, by Jean Ray Laury and Joyce Aiken. Taplinger Publishing, 1978. pic.twitter.com/Itro5l1UoY

via Twitter Lite (retweeted on 8:05 AM, Dec 16th, 2017 via Tweetbot for iΟS)

@danilic No, if the planes had stayed outside the WTC there wouldn’t have been a problem.

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to danilic

Saturday. The Sun is exact the right colour for every occasion. Saturday.