December 25th, 2019

OK, Christmas Kids, I’ve had enough of your day and I haven’t interfered with any of your pets or domestic livestoc..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…tr

@Ng88Mr Orly? This isn’t a good thing then. Though I know he’s had serious depression so I’m trying not to judge.

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to Ng88Mr

@JustJimWillDo @R_Chirgwin @DrRhysPockett @johnb78 Yeah nah the “older is better” thing about alcohol is a myth.

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to JustJimWillDo

@gths So am I, but not that chonky.

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to gths

@JustJimWillDo @DrRhysPockett @johnb78 There’s quite a lot here though. I mean, a LOT.

via TweetDeck in reply to JustJimWillDo

I saw a recent photograph of James Packer earlier today and I will never worry about my weight every again.

@JustJimWillDo @DrRhysPockett @johnb78 I have access to the gin and prosecco supplies, obviously.

This is not a question I expected to be asking at Christmas. Or at any other time. twitter.com/stilgherrian/s…

@DavidFeng So you’re saying I can’t fuck your dog?

via TweetDeck in reply to DavidFeng

@paulwallbank @mpesce No, if you can’t tell the story in 45 minutes then you’re a failure.

via TweetDeck in reply to paulwallbank

@DavidFeng No, I’m not going to have sex with it. What is wrong with you?

via TweetDeck in reply to DavidFeng

Sorting things out.

@DrRhysPockett Correct. And isn’t it Romanian anyway?

via TweetDeck in reply to DrRhysPockett

@DavidFeng I am happy to take care of a dog too.

via TweetDeck in reply to DavidFeng

@timpoliti I dunno, I don’t read these people. Life’s too short.

via TweetDeck in reply to timpoliti

@_midofo_ @SnarkyPlatypus Yeah the PlatyDad is a bloody good cook.

via TweetDeck in reply to _midofo_

@DavidFeng Look I’m just cat-sitting in Ashfield in Sydney and I don’t care about anything any more.

via TweetDeck in reply to DavidFeng

@paulbam3 Not quite the same thing, is it.

via TweetDeck in reply to paulbam3

@DavidFeng But that’s so not going to happen. The Carlingford Line was a relic of past decades.

via TweetDeck in reply to DavidFeng

@DavidFeng Well it’s just going to be a light rail line. Like the George Street tram but maybe slightly faster.

via TweetDeck in reply to DavidFeng

@mr_cognitive Yeah that’s not going to happen, not matter how magic the baby is.

via TweetDeck in reply to mr_cognitive

Btw, this is Christmas Lunch at @SnarkyPlatypus’ place earlier, but with the photo lined up properly. pic.twitter.com/Jy0Nk0fQS5

@photogramel Yeah nah that’s not going to happen.

via TweetDeck in reply to photogramel

@DavidFeng Are you suggesting that I should randomly sniff railway stations?

via TweetDeck in reply to DavidFeng

@schlutes You’re not drunk after 2pm on Christmas Day? Are you ill?

via TweetDeck in reply to schlutes

Can you imagine the kind of tragic prick who’d call out a typo at Christmas? twitter.com/_grammar_/stat…

Actually I am not surprised at all.

I’m kinda surprised that so many of your are arseholes at Christmas.

@DavidFeng @SnarkyPlatypus A n y w a y … we are going to “Cats” on Friday because we have ourselves and we will report back.

via TweetDeck in reply to DavidFeng

@DavidFeng @SnarkyPlatypus Sure, but did they buy tickets to “Cats”?

via TweetDeck in reply to DavidFeng

@DavidFeng @SnarkyPlatypus I just paid for the tickets, so I am an idiot.

@DavidFeng Whatever. @SnarkyPlatypus and I are going to see “Cats” on Friday.

via TweetDeck in reply to DavidFeng

@margotdate I can’t be held responsible for that.

via TweetDeck in reply to margotdate

@DavidFeng Apparently “Cats” is terrible. Which is why we’re going to see it.

via TweetDeck in reply to DavidFeng

@Sam_Hickey It’s this at Summer Hill, but some of us including @SnarkyPlatypus believe the pets never existed. dailytelegraph.com.au/newslocal/inne…

via TweetDeck in reply to Sam_Hickey

Passing the Hill of Dead Pets. Happy Christmas to the Dead Pets.

Town Hall station smells like poo.

@girlie_swot Oh I hadn’t thought of that! I’m a huge fan of Jeffrey Smart and you’re right!

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to girlie_swot

@JustJimWillDo Merry Christmas, no matter how many claws it involves.

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to JustJimWillDo

FXMC1957 25 December 1932. King George V made the first Royal Christmas broadcast on BBC Radio. The tradition has continued..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…WO

via Hootsuite Inc. (retweeted on 7:05 PM, Dec 25th, 2019 via Tweetbot for iΟS)

@GJ203 Yeah nah this will end so badly.

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to GJ203

@JustJimWillDo This is all bullshit and not what you said.

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to JustJimWillDo

This makes no fucking sense. Have another whisky and get back to me. twitter.com/Pontifex/statu…

The wonderful thing about Christmas is that no one is ever drunk.

@erstkate So it would seem. Anyway, here we are.

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to erstkate

@garystark And to you and yours, Sir! I have been fed heaps by @SnarkyPlatypus’ parents and now I have gin.

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to garystark

TrainsInfo After binge watching ‘Elf’ & ‘Die Hard’ to get into the Christmas Spirit, it’s Becky on board for your PM updates…twitter.com/i/web/status/1…JI

via Salesforce - Social Studio (retweeted on 2:36 PM, Dec 25th, 2019 via Tweetbot for iΟS)

@dobes Really? I’d have thought there’d be more locals.

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to dobes

AmyThunig Murri Christmas everyone! Kids have opened & been exhausted by their gifts already, & I’m looking forward to day dr..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…Tc

via Twitter Web App (retweeted on 11:59 AM, Dec 25th, 2019 via Tweetbot for iΟS)

coolguy69666 Merry Christmas from my kitchen pic.twitter.com/k3uhkPhZ2W

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 11:46 AM, Dec 25th, 2019 via Tweetbot for iΟS)

Nash076 What’s wrong with this concept? pic.twitter.com/I3aJoFiFYh

via Twitter Web Client (retweeted on 11:44 AM, Dec 25th, 2019 via Tweetbot for iΟS)

JanelleCShane me: i wonder what would happen if i trained the neural net gpt-2 on christmas carols?

me: …

me: oh NO..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…YQ

via Twitter Web App (retweeted on 11:41 AM, Dec 25th, 2019 via Tweetbot for iΟS)

smotus Trump: [slurring] Robots are stealing white people’s luggage.
Media: Trump Luggage Attack Sets Up Clash With Dems
G..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…v0

70s_party Who said romance is dead? pic.twitter.com/SXmx65Rldy

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 11:39 AM, Dec 25th, 2019 via Tweetbot for iΟS)

@SnarkyPlatypus This could all end very badly for him and require years of therapy.

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to SnarkyPlatypus

Something for archaeologists to think about. twitter.com/fesshole/statu…

Maybe you could wrap tinsel around the pantographs.

@marcuskelson @SnarkyPlatypus You’re quite right. I shall remain silent on this matter.

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to marcuskelson

@SnarkyPlatypus Can you airfry something that thick? Or has he sliced it into steaks?

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to SnarkyPlatypus

@marcuskelson @SnarkyPlatypus I thought of an answer to Marcus’ question but I dare not say it out loud.

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to marcuskelson

He is wearing long white socks with sandals ironically.

A hipster on the station platform has just opened a packet of Sao biscuits and is eating them carefully one by one.

NASA 🎁 Have yourself a merry little GIFmas.

Holiday-themed GIFs are here! 🎅 🎄 ❄️ Check ‘em out on @GIPHY by searching..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…4V

via Sprinklr (retweeted on 11:06 AM, Dec 25th, 2019 via Tweetbot for iΟS)

creamygoodness_ Honestly can’t believe that the Boys are Back in Town by Thin Lizzy isn’t a more widely accepted Christmas song. Al..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…2h

via Twitter for Android (retweeted on 11:03 AM, Dec 25th, 2019 via Tweetbot for iΟS)

I reckon that on Christmas Day @TrainsInfo should put antlers on the trains. pic.twitter.com/Li2aDYZv6y

Suddenly realising this is the first actual Christmas Lunch I’ve been to in at least 15 or maybe even 20 years. It feels weird.

_youhadonejob1 Please read all directions before assembling your cat. pic.twitter.com/W3HePqMVPx

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 10:38 AM, Dec 25th, 2019 via TweetDeck)

@derekbradley @SnarkyPlatypus Fascinating, isn’t it. If only it were just an intellectual exercise.

via TweetDeck in reply to derekbradley

@SnarkyPlatypus What’s Alexander Downer ever done to you?

via TweetDeck in reply to SnarkyPlatypus

MrGeorgeWallace This is my dude right here. pic.twitter.com/EDaFdv06AX

via Twitter for Android (retweeted on 10:18 AM, Dec 25th, 2019 via TweetDeck)

@dprk_ebooks @SnarkyPlatypus I know I shouldn’t do this, but the more I look at the video the more I see what seem..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…MX

via TweetDeck in reply to dprk_ebooks

MichaelSmyth_ “All I want for Christmas… is a perm.” pic.twitter.com/epHAoE4hv6

via Twitter for Android (retweeted on 9:03 AM, Dec 25th, 2019 via TweetDeck)

@dprk_ebooks Yeah that’s a scarily accurate observation, I think. I hope someone is checking that he’s OK.

via TweetDeck in reply to dprk_ebooks

e_kaspersky Merry Christmas, folks! pic.twitter.com/eWW3H04E1U

via TweetDeck (retweeted on 9:00 AM, Dec 25th, 2019 via TweetDeck)

Anyway I think there’s more to worry about here. pic.twitter.com/FLgs70DINn

A scrap of straw from all the hay being thrown around by the cows. Why are people having trouble with this? Haven’t..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…8h

@SnarkyPlatypus Is that the new cruise ship that does tours for newly-single people?

via TweetDeck in reply to SnarkyPlatypus

Well done, Australia! @ScottMorrisonMP and @Barnaby_Joyce are trending more than Santa at Christmas.

(Before anyon..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…m9

For those still organising Christmas Lunch, here’s @JohnBirmingham’s “How to cook the perfect steak”. cheeseburgergothic.com/show/6954

@jacquirudd Cows are not tidy eaters. That’s just them throwing the hay around as they scoff out a mouthful. You ge..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…8m

via TweetDeck in reply to jacquirudd

As the video shows, Mr Joyce already has a manger.

@timpoliti No this would be a solemn tradition. Like Australia Day or the Melbourne Cup.

via TweetDeck in reply to timpoliti

@SnarkyPlatypus No breakfast television?!?!1!? Say it isn’t so!

via TweetDeck in reply to SnarkyPlatypus

@irisherself Well not if they’re drinking Coronas, no. They are already beyond hope.

via TweetDeck in reply to irisherself

This would out-rate the Queen’s Christmas Message.

This should become a Christmas tradition. For all our families. On Christmas Eve we gather to watch the ritual Feed..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…rt

SixthTone Replug: It is perfectly legal to be Christian in China. However, the country’s anti-Christmas brigade argues that m..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…2h

via Hootsuite Inc. (retweeted on 8:10 AM, Dec 25th, 2019 via TweetDeck)

Given how there’s usually only rubbish on TV on the afternoon of Christmas Day, next year I should do an educational livestream.

Wed plan, Christmas edition: Merry shitposting; Christmas Lunch, Chatswood; roll back downhill to Ashfield, with or..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…ul

Mr_Considerate A year ago today one man made the ultimate sacrifice. pic.twitter.com/PdP7oMPqUc

via TweetDeck (retweeted on 7:57 AM, Dec 25th, 2019 via TweetDeck)

@R_Chirgwin Just be glad it’s his face. Some people aren’t as fortunate.

via TweetDeck in reply to R_Chirgwin

Sigh. I was going to sleep in a bit this morning. But, you know, spiders.

Histreepix An alt-Bunny group breaks up a meeting of Christmas “Christards”, demanding a return to “true Easter values for tru..twitter.com/i/web/status/8…Ea

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 7:48 AM, Dec 25th, 2019 via Twitter Web App)

shockproofbeats 90 seconds’ worth of disconnected segments from a poem he learned in school. This is exactly as impressive as someo..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…Sj

via Twitter for Android (retweeted on 7:45 AM, Dec 25th, 2019 via TweetDeck)

Sydney’s weather is lovely today, though there will only be a trace of rain. pic.twitter.com/9rxwFf4vq4

I think I’ll get a copy of this book for @SnarkyPlatypus. It looks brilliant. twitter.com/smilinglaura/s…

Happy Christmas. I’ve just had a spider walk across my face so I’m awake now. Did Baby Jesus bring you anything as good as that?

Wednesday. Never trust a capybara with a barometer. Wednesday.