December 4th, 2021

@flowblok @jonkudelka @developerjack @rgmerk It’s all good. I have my burdens, and you have yours.

via TweetDeck in reply to flowblok

@fourlarks3d @jpwarren Do I want to know? I mean I know about the Policy Goat.

via TweetDeck in reply to fourlarks3d

@miranda_maybe So… lol… both linguistically and historically that is crap, but I am still for it as a concept. :)

via TweetDeck in reply to miranda_maybe

@fourlarks3d @jpwarren If I had chosen to read a map another way I could have led him to his death in a ravine. Long story.

via TweetDeck in reply to fourlarks3d

@fourlarks3d @jpwarren Were there? Also, note N Xenophon, and that I was his assistant patrol leader in the Venturer Scouts.

via TweetDeck in reply to fourlarks3d

@fourlarks3d @jpwarren Yeah let’s not think about that that. Let’s just languish in the memories of the Chappell brothers.

via TweetDeck in reply to fourlarks3d

Trolling each other in Latin school mottos is next-level… something.

JohnSafran The protests against the new pandemic laws. I cough up what I saw satpa.pe/27q pic.twitter.com/iVkguvBEoF

via Twitter Web App (retweeted on 11:14 PM, Dec 4th, 2021 via TweetDeck)

@jpwarren @drspacejunk I have forgotten so much Latin. It was a thing at my school.

via TweetDeck in reply to jpwarren

@jonkudelka @developerjack @rgmerk But Jack is… if not a child, at least quite young.

via TweetDeck in reply to jonkudelka

@jpwarren @drspacejunk I am all in favour of eating the yabbies. And neither of us show signs of lead poisoning. Probably.

via TweetDeck in reply to jpwarren

LET’S ALL LAUGH ABOUT THE QUANTITY OF TOXIC CHEMICALS WE INGESTED AS CHILDREN.

@jpwarren @drspacejunk Bonus points for the rocket park, but I’ve read the lead reports for Pt Pirie and those for..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…jA

via TweetDeck in reply to jpwarren

@rgmerk @developerjack Yes, but it doesn’t really matter who it is. I’m kinda against people’s individual medical status being a thing.

via TweetDeck in reply to rgmerk

@jpwarren Also, Broken Hill or Port Pirie?

@jpwarren Oh my father was probably doused in fallout from the Maralinga nukes so whatever. Here we are.

via TweetDeck in reply to jpwarren

@jpwarren I grew up in a house made from asbestos, probably.

via TweetDeck in reply to jpwarren

@developerjack I know, I know, but it really is a big building. I’ve been shown down in the subterranean roads and..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…w3

via TweetDeck in reply to developerjack

@jodiem Lol. It”s just a “be vigilant” message, and Parliament is done for the year so no one needs to visit. But y..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…Rb

via TweetDeck in reply to jodiem

@SteveMolk @NewtonMark What a mess. These froot loops will be the death of us.

via TweetDeck in reply to SteveMolk

applemuzeumpl Macintosh Family Portrait
Macintosh Performa 6400/200 (1996) pic.twitter.com/iOg2TwJvCe

via Twitter for iPad (retweeted on 10:17 PM, Dec 4th, 2021 via TweetDeck)

To be fair, City of the Blue Mountains council was very close to being shut down for corruption so hey it’s all a w..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…Ym

KShakur2U It’s wild the things we don’t even realize we don’t have because of racism. I never even thought about the fact I n..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…J0

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 10:04 PM, Dec 4th, 2021 via TweetDeck)

@NewtonMark @SteveMolk Nah, he’s old and tired like the rest of us.

via TweetDeck in reply to NewtonMark

City of Blue Mountains is showing a huge swing to Labor but it’s mostly away from the independents so I’m not sure..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…mr

dearindira from 80’s super duo is my guest on @abc_nightlife tonight 11pm AEST on all abc local radio networks instagram.com/p/CXDuy6pFa3L/…

via Instagram (retweeted on 9:55 PM, Dec 4th, 2021 via TweetDeck)

@skwashd @NewtonMark @VTeagueAus As long as you copy me in, because I deleted LinkedIn a while back. It’s full of cunts.

via TweetDeck in reply to skwashd

@skwashd @NewtonMark @VTeagueAus I know that, you know that, Mark knows that. And yet here we are.

via TweetDeck in reply to skwashd

@AusBerlin84 Especially at the local government level.

via TweetDeck in reply to AusBerlin84

@NewtonMark @viveka @wgcullen That’s a link to Authory because DirectorTech is no longer a thing.

@NewtonMark @viveka @wgcullen Just quietly, I was for a brief period the full bottle on . I read all the..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…lN

via TweetDeck in reply to NewtonMark

@SteveMolk Yep. The grifters are cashing in, the Nazis are working the crowd, etc etc. This is what depresses me ab..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…fC

via TweetDeck in reply to SteveMolk

@HHackenbecker @NewtonMark @skwashd @VTeagueAus Yeah but that’s 440Hz and that’s a whole different thing.

via TweetDeck in reply to HHackenbecker

I mean apart from, you know, Tom Daley.

The phrase “and a pink flamingo named Elvis” does it for me. twitter.com/kcarruthers/st…

@SteveMolk I know, I know. And I joke about it but here we are. And the numbers are climbing. I laugh because I can..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…V2

via TweetDeck in reply to SteveMolk

@NewtonMark @skwashd @VTeagueAus Probably even my arseflaps after a big meal.

@NewtonMark @skwashd @VTeagueAus Lol 36 per second, I can make my lips vibrate faster than that!

via TweetDeck in reply to NewtonMark

Goddammit and now events are unfolding such that I am messaging one of my commissioning editors after 9pm on a Satu..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…kX

Enid Blyton is getting incredibly dark these days. pic.twitter.com/UwiAxcPg1C

Mind you I voted at a Ward 1 booth and the Liberal workers there were looking miserable.

Just quietly, it looks like there’s a serious swing against the Liberal candidates in the City of the Blue Mountain..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…dg

@itgrrl Now playing: Depeche Mode, “Enjoy The Silence” youtube.com/watch?v=aGSKrC…

aussiewongm Bowen Rail Company do occasionally mention they move coal. pic.twitter.com/TjMiCJwokd

via TweetDeck (retweeted on 9:07 PM, Dec 4th, 2021 via TweetDeck)

aussiewongm Or a generic sounding “transport our customers’ products safely”? 🤔

via TweetDeck (retweeted on 9:07 PM, Dec 4th, 2021 via TweetDeck)

aussiewongm So they “transport Queensland’s high quality resources for export to the world” eh?

via TweetDeck (retweeted on 9:07 PM, Dec 4th, 2021 via TweetDeck)

aussiewongm Bowen Rail Company (aka the company that Adani had to create because every other rail operator was too spooked to g..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…au

via TweetDeck (retweeted on 9:07 PM, Dec 4th, 2021 via TweetDeck)

stilgherrian Hoping to get invited to one of Gerard Henderson’s parties. They’d be a fuckin’ riot of hedonism. twitter.com/meadea/status/…

via TweetDeck (retweeted on 9:00 PM, Dec 4th, 2021 via Twitter Web App)

@itgrrl I quite enjoy the moment. “Enjoy the silence,” as they say,

via TweetDeck in reply to itgrrl

b_fung Twitter is acknowledging a wave of “coordinated” and “malicious” activity on its platform as right-wing activists s..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…Jr

via TweetDeck (retweeted on 8:59 PM, Dec 4th, 2021 via TweetDeck)

@VTeagueAus @NewtonMark Early days yet. That could still happen. ;)

via TweetDeck in reply to VTeagueAus

@VTeagueAus @NewtonMark “Any eligible elector who applied to use iVote today but missed out on voting will be excus..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…gd

@VTeagueAus @NewtonMark “Almost triple the number of voters have used iVote at these elections than any previous el..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…Nv

via TweetDeck in reply to VTeagueAus

@NewtonMark @VTeagueAus Gotcha. A factor of 3 is nothing though. That’s just normal spikes.

via TweetDeck in reply to NewtonMark

@NewtonMark @VTeagueAus And maybe it can be fixed before May 2022.

via TweetDeck in reply to NewtonMark

@NewtonMark @VTeagueAus Not sure what the Queensland Police Service has to do with it though.

@NewtonMark And let’s not get into the other problems that @VTeagueAus and colleagues identified. Still, it’s only local government.

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to NewtonMark

@NewtonMark But it was 3x last time… lol.

via TweetDeck in reply to NewtonMark

InterurbanE Surprisingly slick design for a railroad car ferry.

The Detroit River circa 1905. “Transfer steamer Detroit.” 8x1..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…7B

via Twitter Web App (retweeted on 8:18 PM, Dec 4th, 2021 via Tweetbot for iΟS)

I love it when an advertiser hasn’t paid for the streaming component. pic.twitter.com/Mq0VKFT4Vm

Turns out this wasn’t a happy story.

@kels_316 The election won’t be until May now, so welcome to six months of hell.

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to kels_316

@kels_316 Probably not until January now, because it’s otherwise a low traffic month.

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to kels_316

Liv_Agar ??????????? pic.twitter.com/Yr49MFY2te

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 7:01 PM, Dec 4th, 2021 via Tweetbot for iΟS)

redrabbleroz How will the Inner West vote in the deamalgamation poll?

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 6:52 PM, Dec 4th, 2021 via Tweetbot for iΟS)

MicroSFF “How did you find us? Radio?”
“Radio dissipates,” the alien ambassador said, “telepathy doesn’t.”
“You heard our th..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…U1

via Hootsuite Inc. (retweeted on 6:35 PM, Dec 4th, 2021 via Tweetbot for iΟS)

@drunkenmadman @kels_316 “Not so loudly, Sir, or everyone will want one.”

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to drunkenmadman

@kels_316 @drunkenmadman The words “allegedly” and “reportedly” are powerful spells.

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to kels_316

@kels_316 @drunkenmadman Because I’m a professional I wouldn’t say that because it’s actionable defo.

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to kels_316

Kon__K Not being allowed to go to Bunnings or Bali because you choose to not get vaccinated does not bloody make you Nelso..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…2g

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 6:19 PM, Dec 4th, 2021 via Tweetbot for iΟS)

@druey Oh good, I’ve seen some of those diagrams but now I have the entire manual.

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to druey

@druey Well Woodford is past Valley Heights. :) So I guess that’s why it died.

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to druey

@druey Where is the steepest grade on a down trip?

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to druey

@druey Yep, I was tracking it earlier. Old diesel dies at Woodford.

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to druey

Rainmaker1973 This is not a real animal (pheew!) but the video shows how they made the little bugs in Guillermo Del Toro’s ‘Pacif..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…RD

via Twitter Web App (retweeted on 4:57 PM, Dec 4th, 2021 via Tweetbot for iΟS)

@dawnstarau And yet I’m strangely interested to know more.

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to dawnstarau

xkcd Getting this photo required a solar filter, some geometry, and a lot of squinting at a flight tracking app pic.twitter.com/YitbLsm1uI

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 4:36 PM, Dec 4th, 2021 via Tweetbot for iΟS)

Nicholas_Reece WARNING: If you get sent a link to listen to the new Ed Sheeran and Elton John Christmas song, don’t open it. It’..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…4K

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 3:50 PM, Dec 4th, 2021 via Tweetbot for iΟS)

reduct_rs 5 Pastel Matte Lip Shades That Scream ‘I Know Levels Of Computer Fuckery You Cannot Even Begin To Imagine’

jxeeno love maps/data? live in the sydney area?

@yeahSBK and I are organising an end of year @georabble meet up. come fo..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…dO

via Twitter Web App (retweeted on 3:42 PM, Dec 4th, 2021 via TweetDeck)

edengillespie This guy is making fun of Dan Andrews’ dad for…. practicing safe sex? Not quite surepic.twitter.com/dDjb1JA9QaQa

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 3:32 PM, Dec 4th, 2021 via TweetDeck)

@moylecroft @kels_316 @dobes @tacticalmaid I am always fascinated by the “I slipped and fell” excuse. Who imagines..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…5n

via TweetDeck in reply to moylecroft

@dobes @tacticalmaid @kels_316 The shell is even worse, because it might explode. Also, you are now the third perso..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…wx

via TweetDeck in reply to dobes

CageyRatfish So many different moose. I really love the variability of how animals are depicted on road signs, it’s one of the..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…jO

via Twitter for iPad (retweeted on 3:01 PM, Dec 4th, 2021 via TweetDeck)

@CageyRatfish I really like how you’ve presented them in a moosaic.

via TweetDeck in reply to CageyRatfish

HamishSymington Here’s another video of bees falling out of the sky when the lights go out. I’m surprised it’s an on/off choice for..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…5w

via Twitter Web App (retweeted on 2:39 PM, Dec 4th, 2021 via TweetDeck)

@colourmeamused_ Thank you. They’re also in a Flickr album that’s updated every Sunday. flickr.com/photos/stilghe…

via TweetDeck in reply to colourmeamused_

Waratah sequence 2021, day 95. The mists have descended on Wentworth Falls this afternoon, and the flower in questi..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…jY

via Twitter Web App in reply to stilgherrian

@maz_jovanovich Congratulations, I’m glad it’s been a success so far. But are you sure there hasn’t been a sting in..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…gH

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to maz_jovanovich

@expectproblems I start from 4 for the least worst of the four groups on offer and work backwards from there.

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to expectproblems

Also broken down: the spelling in that earlier tweet. twitter.com/stilgherrian/s…

Nah, if that train has been stuck there for an hour a ready-made then I don’t see other moving any time soon. And e..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…v1

As discussed in the other part of the thread, The Blue Mountaineer gas broken down stairs Woodford. Sigh. twitter.com/TrainLinkWest/…

@jxeeno @AnyTripAU Oh well, if I sit here long enough I guess I will eventually get to see the train? :)

@jxeeno @AnyTripAU Yep, just caught that. Bloody old diesel locomotives.

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to jxeeno

Hmmm. Or maybe not. The data coming in to @AnyTripAU seems to be stale. We’ll see.

Ooh! While I’m waiting for my train at Wentworth Falls I’ll get to see The Blue Mountaineer heritage train. 123tix.com.au/events/19214/t…

SwiftOnSecurity Google: Our billion dollar AI can’t detect this pic.twitter.com/UBdJA4ACgG

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 10:14 AM, Dec 4th, 2021 via Tweetbot for iΟS)

@JosephEdmundKe1 Summer is just beginning. After two years of La Niña rains next summer will have tons of undergrow..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…hY

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to JosephEdmundKe1

@franksting @trib @SuperCroup It isn’t, I suppose, but then I don’t feel the urge.

via TweetDeck in reply to franksting

ICYMI last night, I did a whole thread about the exciting candidates for City of Blue Mountains Ward 2. twitter.com/stilgherrian/s…

Sat plan: Slow start because it’s the weekend* but not too slow**; wander to Katoomba; vote; shopping; quiet evenin..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…YD

RevDaniel Why do I think this tweet is just one more nail in the coffin of me ever being elected bishop???

via Twitter Web App (retweeted on 8:23 AM, Dec 4th, 2021 via TweetDeck)

RevDaniel Walking Chester. 2 teenage boys walking to school ahead of us.

Boy 1: You haven’t been jabbed yet?
Boy 2: Well, s..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…XZ

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 8:23 AM, Dec 4th, 2021 via TweetDeck)

cityforeveryone Truly an issue that cuts across our city’s socio-economic divide pic.twitter.com/fZusT02P4j

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 8:16 AM, Dec 4th, 2021 via TweetDeck)

@trib @franksting @SuperCroup Completely by accident, because I’ve never watched Buffy.

via TweetDeck in reply to trib

In the Blue Mountains the Great Sog continues for another day. Also, right now we’re inside a cloud. pic.twitter.com/RqVVbAfLO6

Saturday. Today will be characterised by three triplets of very different kinds. Count them to be sure. Saturday.