December 17th, 2021

This episode of the BBC’s “You’re Dead To Me” is lovely.

“Medieval Christmas” bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p0…

LouisaD__ just witnessed an ice cream man’s funeral and all the ice cream vans came and followed in solidarity I AM SOBBING pic.twitter.com/bJhyJj4JoK

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 11:48 PM, Dec 17th, 2021 via TweetDeck)

@Bergha2 Your frustration is not my problem. :)

via TweetDeck in reply to Bergha2

@Bergha2 On the current status, please see attached. But more broadly, I’d just like to get vaccinated against dise..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…WP

@Bergha2 Not blocked. Just disappointed that you wanted to make a thing about state-based works / not works based o..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…8c

via TweetDeck in reply to Bergha2

So he has! Thanks, @pharsicle, which makes it 51% off 19. Cheers! twitter.com/pharsicle/stat…

@markrprior And how do I demonstrate “concern”? Lol!

via TweetDeck in reply to markrprior

“Tories lose North Shropshire seat they held for nearly 200 years” bbc.com/news/uk-englan… This is one heck of a sw..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…Ro

@andrea_weymouth This is kinda my point. All is chaos. And for anyone immunocompromised like you this must be hell. :(

via TweetDeck in reply to andrea_weymouth

Wolfrum Funny how Dolly Parton is blatantly Christian and a good person and every single person on the Left adores and resp..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…K2

via Twitter Web App (retweeted on 11:08 PM, Dec 17th, 2021 via TweetDeck)

@morebento I think I’ll check this out when I’m down in Sydney this coming week.

via TweetDeck in reply to morebento

Obviously asking randoms on Twitter is the very best way to manage my health.

OK so I haven’t been paying attention. I’m “old” and in NSW and my five months before a covid vaccine booster is in..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…js

@cafuego So I gather. I don’t do reaction GIFs myself but I did like that one.

via TweetDeck in reply to cafuego

Wow 49% off 18. You know who you are. ;)

@cafuego Hah! Thank you so much, and extra points for the Archer reference. :)

via TweetDeck in reply to cafuego

@yun_aus @BuchananLiz @BlackIncBooks Agreed. This is fabulous news. Although now Liz has to write the book lol. Suffer!

via TweetDeck in reply to yun_aus

Thanks so much, @scottnich. And now we’re 43% of the way there. Cheers! twitter.com/scottnich/stat…

Korean is basically the same as Arabic, right? twitter.com/Davidsedthisx/…

Currently we’re 41% of the way to Target One off 15 supporters, which is fabulous. Please consider.

stilgherrian Some time across the weekend I’ll also take a more summery photo of myself, though that’s not the important bit.

via TweetDeck (retweeted on 10:18 PM, Dec 17th, 2021 via Twitter Web App)

stilgherrian ICYMI earlier in the week, I have a Pozible crowdfunder running for the next series of “The 9pm Edict” podcast. If..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…Jt

via TweetDeck (retweeted on 10:18 PM, Dec 17th, 2021 via Twitter Web App)

sawsharkman This is NFTs and cryptocurrency in flesh. Hundreds of cards running 24/7, every two cards the equivalent power usag..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…3e

via Twitter for Android (retweeted on 10:05 PM, Dec 17th, 2021 via TweetDeck)

@LoremenPod @expectproblems @MisterABK I have already been assimilated, Elissa. I cannot defend you.

via TweetDeck in reply to LoremenPod

@expectproblems @MisterABK @LoremenPod See? I said you’d like it. :) You would probably enjoy @LoremenPod too but I..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…5e

via TweetDeck in reply to expectproblems

As always this is very good from @MisterABK and I know that @expectproblems will like it.

Also, I must confess tha..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…eD

@kels_316 I don’t know about the House, but in the Senate they can’t vote in a division if they’re not physically p..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…Qg

via TweetDeck in reply to kels_316

@kels_316 You mean in terms of not being in the chamber, or abstaining, or when things go through on the voices?

via TweetDeck in reply to kels_316

@kels_316 I know the founders personally and they’re good people who just want to make government more visible. No..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…D4

via TweetDeck in reply to kels_316

@expectproblems @CptHollingworth I know I read the Lion etc as a kid and was unimpressed.

via TweetDeck in reply to expectproblems

Yes, see how your MP actually votes, as opposed to what they say, at theyvoteforyou.org.au.

“Liberal Party members are so embarrassed by their votes they want to shut down a website that tracks how they vote” theshot.net.au/general-news/l…

ExcitedLeigh Me: “Yeah, Zoom and Google both suppress swear words, because they’re made by Americans, and Americans are fucking..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…XI

via Twitter Web App (retweeted on 8:46 PM, Dec 17th, 2021 via TweetDeck)

@steve_evil @chrisjrn Dull literalism will be the death of our species.

via TweetDeck in reply to steve_evil

From Fairbairn Films, “The guy that hates Christmas” (2m51s) youtube.com/watch?v=72pF-w…

Everyone was worried about 5G but it turns out that 4J was the real risk. So next won’t be 6G but 5M. It’s just Science.

@twcau @_BertHandsome I think we’re best off without it.

via TweetDeck in reply to twcau

RAF_Luton BREAKING: First photo released of drone shot down in Syria by a House Sparrow air-to-air semi-nuclear missile fired..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…M9

via Twitter for Android (retweeted on 8:00 PM, Dec 17th, 2021 via TweetDeck)

paul_piss Feel old? This is him now. pic.twitter.com/Qav98FAsja

via Twitter for Android (retweeted on 7:43 PM, Dec 17th, 2021 via TweetDeck)

Today’s Alien Sideboob from @JohnBirmingham is titled “Sad trombone for a fallen parrot” and it’s free to read…twitter.com/i/web/status/1…pp

@CognitiveVerb @3wombats @nickearls Surely it was riffing off the book title before that?

via TweetDeck in reply to CognitiveVerb

@JustJimWillDo That’s where I was at the time. In the first half anyway.

via TweetDeck in reply to JustJimWillDo

@JustJimWillDo I used to get out quite a bit in the 90s. Had a great time.

via TweetDeck in reply to JustJimWillDo

Histreepix King Babar, author of the unpopular children’s book series about Jean de Brunhoff, a young Frenchman brought up by..twitter.com/i/web/status/9…5j

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 7:29 PM, Dec 17th, 2021 via TweetDeck)

Suddenly remembering seeing a bookshop that had a serious history of the War of the Roses on display with the sign..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…cC

@RealNickHodge Also, the English Civil War. Also, some really bad episodes of Star Trek, probably.

via TweetDeck in reply to RealNickHodge

I must admit, it did feel a bit weird going into a busy supermarket this evening without checking in.

SandyHorne61 There’s one in every crowd.
Photo of galahs taken on 6 October 2018 near Balaklava in South Australia’s Mid North…twitter.com/i/web/status/1…Qv

via Twitter Web App (retweeted on 7:14 PM, Dec 17th, 2021 via TweetDeck)

@JustJimWillDo I just noticed the horse’s name and was amused.

via TweetDeck in reply to JustJimWillDo

I’d have taken a photo of the Blue Mountains City Band as well, because they were set up nearby, but they were busy..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…uk

The horse that just won race 10 in the harness racing at Ipswich is named Hide the Cash. Paid between $1.40 and $1.50 for the win.

It looks like The America is going to have another messy winter. twitter.com/StevenTDennis/…

GuardianAus First evidence that leopard seals feed on sharks, researchers say theguardian.com/environment/20…

via Echobox (retweeted on 5:52 PM, Dec 17th, 2021 via Tweetbot for iΟS)

@moylecroft Oh whacko. I’d better get another drink.

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to moylecroft

@garystark Thank you. I’ll shortly spend nine days being hissed at by a certain cat.

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to garystark

Ravilious1942 The Teleprinter, Eric Ravilious, 1941. Made while he was a War Artist on attachment to the RAF during . The ori..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…UJ

via Twitter Web App (retweeted on 5:40 PM, Dec 17th, 2021 via Tweetbot for iΟS)

Double Bay On Hill.

@dobes The final bit is interesting too, the angle that AU took one for the team by making the allegations.

@dobes That said, I’m sure at least one of the eyes is up in Ren’s email.

via TweetDeck in reply to dobes

@dobes I withdraw my comment about that being the lede. Australia having moles in Huawei would truly be news.

@dobes No you’re right and I was wrong. See diagram. pic.twitter.com/0ArQI4tkHN

via TweetDeck in reply to dobes

@dobes Oops, I totally misread that sentence as being Australians who’d infiltrated Huawei’s techs. Ambiguity FTW!

via TweetDeck in reply to dobes

@dobes Once you’re past the OMFG HUAWEI bit, this is the lede for me. pic.twitter.com/fkkHLnLZLE

via TweetDeck in reply to dobes

@garystark Of course not. I’m not an idiot.

via TweetDeck in reply to garystark

Fri plan, updated: Just like Mon–Thu, I’ve just had a 3.5 to 4-hour nap, so I haven’t done the shopping yet. Or anytwitter.com/i/web/status/1…1OyY

via Twitter Web App in reply to stilgherrian

jeamland Jesus these people are thick.

Haigh’s is from _Adelaide_ not the UK. pic.twitter.com/yrrhGfzSPR

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 3:57 PM, Dec 17th, 2021 via TweetDeck)

@dobes @manindotblack Yep, it’s a classic script. There’s a couple different performances of it on the YouTube.

via TweetDeck in reply to dobes

TrainsInfo Sydney Trains & NSW TrainLink services will not run due to planned industrial action from 6pm Mon 20 - 6am Tue 21 D..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…eY

via Salesforce - Social Studio (retweeted on 3:51 PM, Dec 17th, 2021 via Twitter Web App)

ymercado Kyle Rittenhouse and Greta Thunberg being born on the exact same day really destroys the whole zodiac system.

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 11:38 AM, Dec 17th, 2021 via Tweetbot for iΟS)

Kate_McClymont Eddie and Moses Obeid, Ian Macdonald had argued it was NOT “in the public interest” to keep them behind bars ahead..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…ck

via Twitter Web App (retweeted on 11:38 AM, Dec 17th, 2021 via Tweetbot for iΟS)

ASLuhn Polar bears at an abandoned Soviet weather station on Kolyuchin Island, Dmitry Kokh @NatGeoru pic.twitter.com/pfJ3eZ5NBd

via Twitter for Android (retweeted on 11:36 AM, Dec 17th, 2021 via Tweetbot for iΟS)

jonkudelka I am something of an idealist, but the habit of opinion and insider political types to applaud lying and obfuscatio..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…VW

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 11:31 AM, Dec 17th, 2021 via TweetDeck)

NewtonMark WHAT HAPPENED TO ALL THE OTHER STUDENTS? twitter.com/ausheadlinebot…

via Tweetbot for iΟS (retweeted on 11:29 AM, Dec 17th, 2021 via TweetDeck)

RadioFreeTom I’m not supposed to make fun of pandemic addiction, and yet there are people literally putting their vaccine brand..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…Du

via TweetDeck (retweeted on 11:28 AM, Dec 17th, 2021 via TweetDeck)

@FionaKatauskas @joshgnosis @danilic Is it just me, or does embodying someone’s eyes feel creepy?

via TweetDeck in reply to FionaKatauskas

tommytomlinson A guy next to me at this restaurant orders a Corona.

Server asks for ID.

“I don’t have a license, but here’s a..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…0I

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 11:21 AM, Dec 17th, 2021 via TweetDeck)

ThanatosArchive It’s a little known fact that before 1900 children were made almost entirely of dry kindling 🔥 👧🏻 🧒🏻 🔥 pic.twitter.com/OZNLvQfN6P

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 11:13 AM, Dec 17th, 2021 via TweetDeck)

lanesainty Looking to speak to people who have gotten a test in recent days in NSW about their experience – turnaround time, qtwitter.com/i/web/status/1…SQL8

via Twitter Web App (retweeted on 11:12 AM, Dec 17th, 2021 via TweetDeck)

aaronbateman22 NSA released documents on telemetry collection efforts on Soviet space and missile programs…twitter.com/i/web/status/1…ul

via Twitter Web App (retweeted on 11:11 AM, Dec 17th, 2021 via TweetDeck)

jonkudelka Say what you like about covid, but it has certainly given some very very stupid people their moment in the sun.

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 11:10 AM, Dec 17th, 2021 via TweetDeck)

@BZB @GordyPls We live in strange and dangerous times.

via TweetDeck in reply to BZB

molly0xFFF my god it’s actually happened pic.twitter.com/TFocFZwvQ7

via Twitter Web App (retweeted on 11:08 AM, Dec 17th, 2021 via TweetDeck)

@mattcdef2000 Yep, I’m following Karen’s thread directly. Hilarious.

via TweetDeck in reply to mattcdef2000

awelder Alternative headline: Morrison drags feet, does bare minimum a year after large-scale women’s protest twitter.com/murpharoo/stat…

via Twitter for Android (retweeted on 10:31 AM, Dec 17th, 2021 via TweetDeck)

@NickyWill100 It does, and you’ve had a bitch of a year. :(

via TweetDeck in reply to NickyWill100

juhasaarinen SovCit vs Dan Andrews going as expected. twitter.com/karenlsweeney/…

via TweetDeck (retweeted on 10:26 AM, Dec 17th, 2021 via TweetDeck)

I saw a quite recently which was something along the lines of “I’m not laughing at the situation, or laughing with..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…nU

Laughing at something that is actually a potential grief situation because sometimes that’s all you can do.

@jeamland Glad to hear you’re all OK, and I hope that you all avoid the long covid.

via TweetDeck in reply to jeamland

danilic I got 46 for my ATAR but donated $6000 to the Liberal Party and now I have a $1.4bn contract to provide pencils to..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…3B

via Twitter for Android (retweeted on 9:44 AM, Dec 17th, 2021 via TweetDeck)

cathywilcox1 Out and about.
My @smh @theage cartoon. pic.twitter.com/ImL9NgfR8m

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 9:43 AM, Dec 17th, 2021 via TweetDeck)

@LukeCostin Hahaha I never even noticed that!

via TweetDeck in reply to LukeCostin

@misosusanowa @expectproblems That is terrible, but I would still watch it.

via TweetDeck in reply to misosusanowa

Yes, I deliberately word that to sound a bit like a cricket score. It amuses me.

At the time of tweeting, we’re 40% of the way to Target One off 14 supporters, which is fantastic. Thank you.

If you’re not familiar with the podcast, maybe pop over to the9pmedict.com/category/edict and browse the episodes, or look..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…6i

NOW UNDER WAY: “The 9pm Summer Series 2022” the9pmedict.com/summer2022

You want more special guest episodes of “The 9..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…6n

@IainFergo @jonkudelka I do, but the business changed hands a decade ago so I doubt it still works that way.

via TweetDeck in reply to IainFergo

The_McJones OH Two dudes at coffee

Dude 1: ok so how did you do it? How’d you buy the house?

Dude 2: oh you know worked hard,..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…nA

via Tweetbot for iΟS (retweeted on 9:11 AM, Dec 17th, 2021 via TweetDeck)

@GordyPls That’s really bad luck. Who’d have thought there was a real risk there?

via TweetDeck in reply to GordyPls

@smperris Yeah there’s a lot of that about.

via TweetDeck in reply to smperris

glengyron To really connect with the NFT audience you’ll need to drink a LOT of tide pods. twitter.com/twitterbusines…

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 9:09 AM, Dec 17th, 2021 via TweetDeck)

@jonkudelka I once had a client who paid every invoice the very day they received it, regardless of what the stated..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…oJ

via TweetDeck in reply to jonkudelka

@MichaelH_PhD @sorifith He may not himself, but his media people will have tools to find and analyse it all. It’s s..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…7d

via TweetDeck in reply to MichaelH_PhD

Fri plan: Slow start with noodles; triage the inbox and rearrange all the things; a little shopping, Leura; imagine..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…H4

Anyway, best wishes to all the freelancers approaching the holiday season revenue drought with that annual thought..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…R4

Those last four words apply all year round, actually.

Fri plan, preamble: Every year I plan out the work I intend to finish before Christmas, and every year I am surpris..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…SW

expectproblems I recognise this is a sports tweet, but it took me a minute to realise it wasn’t about a demon battle, where demons..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…8V

via Tweetbot for Mac (retweeted on 8:46 AM, Dec 17th, 2021 via TweetDeck)

@jpwarren @eSafetyOffice Of course the Act is only about taking things down, not putting them back, so there will b..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…PP

via TweetDeck in reply to jpwarren

jpwarren I look forward to discovering how @eSafetyOffice plans to deal with this sort of thing when the Online Safety Act c..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…gA

via TweetDeck (retweeted on 8:44 AM, Dec 17th, 2021 via TweetDeck)

Well, @dobes, it looks like @davpope knows how to build a robot. pic.twitter.com/jfLRp2UvFy

MichaelH_PhD Who knew prison accommodation could become an export industry. twitter.com/kos_data/statu…

via Twitter Web App (retweeted on 8:36 AM, Dec 17th, 2021 via TweetDeck)

@damana Hello, and welcome to Hell.

via TweetDeck in reply to damana

attaboy Reminder on when to use these: twitter.com/bquilty/status…

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 8:28 AM, Dec 17th, 2021 via TweetDeck)

I would like to watch this movie. twitter.com/egadheg/status…

@oberonsghost And now I want to go to the Hydro Majestic. :)

@oberonsghost The latter is an interesting question. I’m guessing that Canberra is a mid-rank gig for US diplomats..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…cR

via TweetDeck in reply to oberonsghost

GonzoHacker fungle my tokens

via Twitter for Android (retweeted on 8:16 AM, Dec 17th, 2021 via TweetDeck)

DoctorKarl Finally, after being lied to by Big Entomology for centuries, we have the first Millipede with more than 1,000 legs..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…rx

via Twitter Web App (retweeted on 8:15 AM, Dec 17th, 2021 via TweetDeck)

joshgnosis Huh first time I’ve seen that warning on Twitter. pic.twitter.com/6f8ZXLxbMi

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 8:04 AM, Dec 17th, 2021 via TweetDeck)

Eight sleeps until Christmas.

It’s a cloudy morning in the Blue Mountains but it’ll burn off later in the day. pic.twitter.com/9sG7YuYLSO

Friday. Sing! Sing the song of your people! The song about chicken. The song about tonight. Sing it! Your lucky colour is russet. Friday.