In the one week, I felt guilty for leaving the Blue Mountains when the locals were about to face what looked like a severe bushfire threat, especially when the very next day I enjoyed a luxury lunch, and spent four solid days absorbing deep, deep information security information and, in the evenings, alcohol.
- From CIO to CUXO: Chief user experience officer, ZDNet Australia, 21 October 2013.
- Breakpoint Day 1: Smart TVs to the digital arms trade, Corrupted Nerds, 25 October 2013.
- Smart TVs are dumb, and so are we, ZDNet Australia, 25 October 2013.
- On Tuesday I spoke about backing up your home and personal data in case of disasters on ABC Radio 702 Sydney.
- On Thursday I spoke about my Pozible crowdfunded journalism project on ABC Radio National’s Media Report.
- On Wednesday I went to a lunchtime media briefing by Amazon Web Services at the O-Bar, the restaurant at the top of Australia Square tower. The food and wine was delightful.
- On Thursday I had dinner with Michael McKinnon from AVG Technologies AU and a chap from a government agency at Syracuse Restaurant and Wine Bar in Melbourne. AVG paid for that one.
- On Sunday I had dinner with Michael McKinnon from AVG Technologies AU at Ishiya Japanese Stonegrill. I can thoroughly recommend the “sake degustation” options. But McKinnon again? I know. He even acted as my driver for an errand on Saturday afternoon. People are starting to talk…
The Week Ahead
Well, it’d almost over now. All I’ll say is that tonight is Thursday night and I’ll be returning to the Blue Mountains tomorrow. The weekend is unplanned, at least in detail, but I’ll be producing some media objects between now and the end of Sunday. Stay tuned.
[Map: The view from 29A, taken at Sydney Airport on 23 October 2013.