- “The 9pm Detachable Foreskin Monologue”, being The 9pm Edict episode 58, 23 May 2016. The podcast is also available on SoundCloud and Spreaker.
- No stars for Internet of Things security, ZDNet Australia, 27 May 2016. This is the first article of several that will be based on material gathered at the AusCERT 2016 conference.
- On Thursday, I spoke about various AusCERT-related infosec topics on ABC Gold Coast.
- I’ve only just discovered it, but on 16 May one of my photographs was used to illustrate a story at The Conversation, How ‘gamification’ can make transport systems and choices work better for us.
- My journey to the Gold Coast was covered by AusCERT, who provided return flights SYD-OOL; airport transfers; three nights accommodation at Marriott Surfers Paradise; and an ample sufficiency of food and drink. I didn’t gather much swag, just some essentials. Avecto: Wednesday morning Berocca. Palo Alto Networks: a copy of Cybersecurity for Dummies.
The Week Ahead
I should be in Sydney for the whole week. With no specific appointments at this stage, apart from a medical appointment on Wednesday, I’ll work through some writing for ZDNet, the several geek-for-hire projects, and the neverending tax bookkeeping.
That said, on one day I’ll need to collect my audio gear from Wentworth Falls. On another, I want to do an audio test at Hurstville, to see if it’ll be possible to live-stream the podcast recording session.
On Saturday afternoon, I’m recording The 9pm Edict Public House Forum 3 at the Hurstville Ritz Hotel. On Sunday morning, I’ll edit and post that podcast.
[Photo: Approaching the Gold Coast, photographed on 24 May 2016.]