I am so, so glad that my week of Monday 27 August to Sunday 2 September 2018 included the end of winter — as did everyone else’s on this half of the planet — and the end of the latest campaign of carpet-bombing attacks on my intestinal biome. Things are returning to “normal”. I think.
- Australian government moves to improve My Health Record privacy, ZDNet Australia, 29 August 2018.
- My Health Record woes detailed in leaked document: Report, ZDNet Australia, 30 August 2018. The Australian Digital Health Agency (ADHA) took exception to my use of the word “woes”, but I’m sticking by it.
Podcasts, Media Appearances
None, but I will finally be doing a podcast this week. See below.
- On Tuesday I enjoyed the food available at CLOUDSEC Australia 2018, which was held at the Hilton Sydney Hotel.
The Week Ahead
Monday and Tuesday I’m writing for ZDNet and doing some pre-production for the podcast. Then on Wednesday morning I’m catching the train down to Sydney, and then to Cronulla, because…
The next episode of The 9pm Edict will be recorded in Cronulla this Wednesday 5 September at 2100 AEST. Listen on the livestream or on the Spreaker apps, or listen later on the usual feeds.
I’ve chosen Cronulla because that’s at the heart of our new Prime Minister’s electoral base, and because I want to revisit the episode recorded there four years ago, The 9pm Shire.
Thursday will be spent in Sydney, taking care of some medical and personal matters. The remainder of the week is unplanned.
I’ve pencilled in:
- Flying Sydney to Adelaide in a Vans RV-6 light aircraft registration VH-SOL piloted by Mark Newton, Friday 28 or Saturday 29 September. I’ll be recording things for a podcast en route.
- FireEye Cyber Defense Summit, Washington DC, 1–5 October.
- Australian Cyber Conference, formerly the Australian Information Security Association (AISA) National Conference, Melbourne, 9–11 October.
- International Association of Privacy Professionals ANZ (iappANZ) Annual Summit, Privacy: Handling the Seismic Shift, Melbourne, 1 November. (TBC)
Update 3 September: Edited to add the top two items to Further Ahead. Update 5 September: Edited to reflect cancellation of podcast for health reasons.
[Photo: InterCity train at Wentworth Falls. A TrainLink NSW V-Set train emerges from the mists at Wentworth Falls station on 27 August 2018.]
Comments are now closed.