Eventually I decided that it was probably better if I just spent the weekend in bed. So I did.
And that’s why this post is so late.
- Patch Monday episode 142, “Apple iOS 6, start-up killer”. I took advantage of the post-long-weekend timing to record an immediate reaction to Apple’s launch of iOS version 6 operating system, chatting with mobile developer Chris Stevenson who was at the launch, and application architect Benno Rice.
- Aussie broadband to make a trillion in 2050, ZDNet Australia, 15 June 2012. A quick news-cycle story based on IBM’s A Snapshot of Australia’s Digital Future to 2050.
I did write a second article, for Technology Spectator, but it was held over to the following week.
- On Sunday I spoke about new internet domains on ABC Radio National’s Sunday Extra.
- On Wednesday I attended the American Chamber of Commerce in Australia (AMCHAM) lunch at the Shangri-La Hotel, Sydney, as the guest of the REA Group, who run realestate.com.au and other things.
- On Thursday I attended the launch of IBM’s A Snapshot of Australia’s Digital Future to 2050, where food and drink was provided.
The Week Ahead
Erm, well, it’s already Thursday, so I don’t see a lot of point in writing a future-past version of this. Or is it past-future?
Most of my day-to-day observations are on my high-volume Twitter stream, and random photos and other observations turn up on my Posterous stream (or they used to before my phone camera got a bit too scratched up) and via Instagram. The photos also appear on Flickr, where I eventually add geolocation data and tags. Yes, I should probably update this stock paragraph to match the current reality.